Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
Re: Bath Time

Cute, but the floating doggie paws look awkward, and I'm sure that one would get a lot of rants about animal abuse ...

weave54also

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weave54also
Re: Boba Fetch

Love it

ScoobyShooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ScoobyShooter
spazzysoph wrote:no if you look his muzzle is white like astros. toto is a black Scottish terrier

Toto was a Cairn terrier and definitely wasn't black.

elviswind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elviswind
chumpmagic wrote:
Incase he does want to resub it... here is what I am talking about. I don't think he will since he is in the fog. I don't know if I would, but eh... took only like 20 seconds, so here it is:

Yeah . . . that looks a lot more gooder.

I suppose ramyb's fans will "ooo" and "ahh" because it's a different style, but my first guess upon seeing the thumbnail was that it was his work. I think the cartoony line work of his typical submissions is evident even with the atypical perspective, composition, and coloring.

cfc123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfc123

Love Love Love thie shirt - I have to buy something now just so I can vote for it - BOL (Barking out Loud)

buntman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buntman
Azurett wrote:Awesome! Surprised not many people thought of this.

Thanks

The image has now been cleaned up a little and re submitted.

dracokitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dracokitty
midori786 wrote:Amazing. Great idea and wonderful execution. And perfect breed choice.

My border collie/brittany spaniel just passed away this summer; I'm sure thats what she's doing right now. I really hope this makes it.

Thank you ^_^
They are one of my favorite dogs and I have been promised one as a wedding present : P

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
walmazan wrote:I love it!

and by the way.. Happy birthday!

Thanks, Wences!

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote
Assassin15 wrote:Surprised that no one's pointed out that you can't have two houses and a hotel on the same monopoly...

House rules

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote
paigeg wrote:Michael has mastered it well, as evidenced by both shirts. I'm not going to worry my head about the similarity to Travis' design, or about the white shirt (though, while I'll vote, I can't pull white off). The only thing that bugs me is the little thingamabob that denotes the contact of paw to butt. I can't stop seeing a daisy, and it bugs me. Awesome, but I can unsee it.

Can't pull white off either [I drool more than my dog], and I second your comment on the ass-terisk.

eirisdtomlin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eirisdtomlin

Its friggin' adorable! Who doesn't love corgis??

mattlussier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattlussier
Narfcake wrote:Cute, but the floating doggie paws look awkward, and I'm sure that one would get a lot of rants about animal abuse ...

tried to imply that the dogs body was obscured by water depth using darker blue shading... probably should have made the dark blue darker to make that more obvious... live and learn... thanx for the input!

quillow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quillow
Re: A Horrible Accident

By the way, in all the Lassie movies & TV episodes, Timmy *never* fell down a well. See:

http://www.lassieweb.org/lassfaq.htm#well

The only main character who fell down a well was Lassie "her"self, in Season 17's "Well of Love."

But hey, that's the standard Lassie joke (Woof, woof! What's that, Lassie? Timmy fell down the well?), and I love the shirt. And Travis gets the civility award of the week.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: A great disturbance at the dog park

This is the first shirt to make me literally laugh out loud in a long time, haaahaa! Awesome, Lucky! I dont normally love SW shirts, but this is a huge hit for me. I'd buy for sure. +1!!!

Go Emperor Pugpatine!

SirGecko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SirGecko
Re: flying ace

Great shirt. I'd buy it.

hankescu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hankescu
Re: Canis Infinitas

Funny and well drawn, but icky.

hankescu

Re: Not all that different

Love the idea, beautiful rendering, and Toto=good. I can live with the plaid dress, but the shoes! The shoes are not right!

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: A great disturbance at the dog park

Ha, Emperor Pugpatine! Cheers bass, glad you like it.

lucky1988

Re: Graveyard Snack

such awesome characters! +1

notacat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages notacat
taternuggets wrote:
passed you.

Please. I mean, your vs you're is bad enough, but past vs passed? Just ridiculous.

hankescu

Re: Doggone It!

Great idea but the artwork's a little iffy.

astrobat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages astrobat
elmosuperman wrote:I love the characters. GMV

Thanks!

lucky1988

Re: Fictional Dogs Playing Poker

Thanks for the support everyone!

cheers jcflman, glad you like it!

@thatrobert and taternuggets- yeah the original Scooby was the best. Scrappy doo was slightly annoying.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
camoor wrote:Should have been blood red then. As it is just looks like the dog puked or pissed itself. Otherwise it's a cool tee, but I have to agree with what that other guy said, the pool is a deal killer.

He can only use 6 colors and one of them isn't red. The orange pool works great, it's a movie reference and anybody who's seen the movie instantly understands who Mr. Orange is and knows that it's blood.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

capitalsown

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capitalsown
elviswind wrote:Yeah . . . that looks a lot more gooder.

I suppose ramyb's fans will "ooo" and "ahh" because it's a different style, but my first guess upon seeing the thumbnail was that it was his work. I think the cartoony line work of his typical submissions is evident even with the atypical perspective, composition, and coloring.

I rescind my vote. I can't unsee it either.

MJPeebs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MJPeebs
Re: Dogcar

Amazing job on this. Great reference and well done. GMV

lucky1988

Re: SICK PUPPY

awesome work!

MJPeebs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MJPeebs
Re: Dog Days of Summer

The design on this is absolutely fantastic. I'm really hoping that this gets more votes to get into the running. I wish you the best and look forward to more designs in the future! GMV =)

mailmanmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mailmanmo
elmosuperman wrote:Watch out Mailman, he'll chew you up!

He'll never catch me ;o)
(Love the other design +1)

mailmanmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mailmanmo
mattlussier wrote:tried to imply that the dogs body was obscured by water depth using darker blue shading... probably should have made the dark blue darker to make that more obvious... live and learn... thanx for the input!

This is unquestionably my favourite design of the derby- just the sheer happy expression on him, lol!
Pure unadulterated joy, stunning :O)

dijay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijay
Re: Dogs Party

Dogs look like their owners ... and also know how to ride a good party :D.

I hope you like ;).

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909

fleamarketadict

quality posts: 8 Private Messages fleamarketadict
Re: Beware of Dogwood

As a letter carrier for the USPS I love it.
And, for anyone who cares, I can explain why your dog barks at me EVERY day. You see, each day I pull up in front of your house or walk up on your porch and your dog barks to alert you. When he does, I leave. Of course your dog doesn't realize I left because I have done what I came to do, he thinks I left because he barked at me, so tomorrow he barks again.

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

dijay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijay
Re: MASTER?

Great, great, great!!!

dot8927

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dot8927
gement wrote:You should definitely send email to Derby@woot.com and get them to fix this.

The detail, use of light, and slight forced perspective in your painting look a lot like what happens when people simply trace over photographs. People do that a lot in the Derby, and we don't have a lot of photorealistic professional portraiteers as entrants, so a conclusion was jumped to that in this case wasn't accurate.

Thanks!

Lisa Pahl

n8john

quality posts: 0 Private Messages n8john
Re: The Trophy

Wow! I LOVE the stylized art! Keep it up!

n8john

The color scheme rocks!

n8john

Love ya, Dad!

By the way, did you like my last two comments?

polluxoil

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polluxoil
endangeredomega wrote:This is well-executed, and at least has a shred of concept behind it, but I personally just can't get behind the "Star Wars for the sake of Star Wars" thing. Honestly sort of wishing Woot would bring the "no Star Wars" rule ...

If Star Wars places two derbies in a row, plus the Bantha-phant T-shirt, I think woot will reinstate it for a while.

On topic of the shirt, I really like this shirt design, but I feel like it sort of loses the appeal without the punny title. I love Boba Fett and I love dogs, but I can't quite see myself saying "It's Boba Fetch...get it?" every time somebody asks about the shirt.

n8john

Re: The Revenge

Very classy. One of the best!