dijay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijay
Re: doglazerz

Hahaha... Great!!!

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
thatrobert wrote:

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • You make me feel like I am whole again.

Yay! Thanks ThatRobert! Its such an honor!

dijay

Re: ritual offering

Poor dog. Great style and concept ;)

dijay

Re: Mine!

Great!!!

dijay

Re: sweet dreams!

Sooo cute ;)

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
kristina1225 wrote:Somebody help me understand why this hasn't been rejected for copyright reasons, I'm new to this kind of thing. Is this considered a parody, is that why?

Yes, it is a parody. Recreating the 'Dogs Playing Poker' scene using cartoon dogs meets the criteria on multiple levels. Add in that none of the dogs are duplicates of the copyrighted characters and there's another layer.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dijay

Re: The spin cycle!

Hahaha, funny!

dijay

Re: Do Not Pass Go

Great work.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Johndis5 wrote:That was my thought. The stats Tgentry provided are kind of incomplete.

How many of those derby shirts were in derbies that had a blanket "no star wars" rule. My guess is that it is a significant amount of derbies.

Also, how many Star Wars related shirts were fog/print bound and were rejected because your legal team didn't think you could run it?

If there was never a no star wars ban, it would stand to reason that there would be much more star wars prints in the derby catalog. As evidence by last week, and most likely this week when we will be treated to Boba Fetch in the next couple of nights.

As stated before, I think the No Star Wars rule does affect the number of prints. However skimming through the rules of the past derbies (via Shirt.What), I couldn't even find a derby that had it after looking at 15-20 derbies. I pretty much gave up on it. I'm sure they're there somewhere, but if I had to dig that much, I don't think they were even close to being the majority. I'd say (and this is just my guess) that at best 1/4 of the derbies had a No Star Wars rule (You guys are welcome to look yourselves, the rules are still up with the derby entries.) Four shirts out of what is no doubt hundreds of prints is not solid evidence of Star Wars "auto-printing".

I personally think it's more of an issue of perception vs. reality. Seeing a rash of something happen and taking it as commonplace when it's actually not -- something I've done numerous times when it comes to this site. Or just seeing something that you don't like happening can stick in your mind more than the hundreds of times it didn't happen. Maybe a better argument could be made for pop-culture in general "auto-printing". It's still probably not exactly the case (There's probably at least 10 pop culture fails for every "easy print"), but at least there's a larger sample of prints to argue the point on.

At any rate, I understand your frustration and have felt it in the past. I was merely sharing something that had caught my attention as an interesting factoid.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
laggyg wrote:INCREDIBLY cool design...can't believe this isn't getting more votes. Guess it isn't "cute" enough for the general voting public here =(

GMV though!

Thanks all. You never know what Wooters want. Well, except for cutesy stuff. jnorah did great though, no?

SteveBook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SteveBook
Re: Canis Infinitas

This looks a lot like our dachshund, who is nearly that long. Nice design.

mverc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mverc
Re: Bath Time

If only it was that easy. +1

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

Splendid. Parodies are rarely this clever.

mverc

Re: Cloud Chasing

I personally couldn't wear it but my wife could. Great artwork. +1

mverc

Re: Dogs Party

Lucky dogs. It must be Friday

mverc

Re: Cats are Evil

Love the idea. +1

bislwem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bislwem

WHY is this out of the fog?

kristina1225

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kristina1225
Mavyn wrote:Yes, it is a parody. Recreating the 'Dogs Playing Poker' scene using cartoon dogs meets the criteria on multiple levels. Add in that none of the dogs are duplicates of the copyrighted characters and there's another layer.

Thank you for the serious answer, I appreciate it!

itsmisty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages itsmisty
Re: Just a Little Husky

I adore you, girl. On a personal level AND obviously artistic.

Alaskan Huskies are my #1 breed, GVM x1084209740283 if I could.

I also say a LOUD AND PROUD 'HERE HERE!!!' to the German Shepherd Dog suggestion above. OH MY GOD? SECOND TOP BREED, HOLLAH!~

glindasgal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glindasgal
Re: Don't Be Fooled By My Size

this NEEDS to be printed! my chihuahua/dachshund is exactly like this!

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Dogs Party

I really like this

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: A Bad Idea

awww sad

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
dijay wrote:Great characters and fantastic colors!!!

Thanks diJay!

hoyihuan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoyihuan
Re: Propellerhead Plane - Wagging Style - New Version

Hi Everyone,

This is my first try, let me know what you think. Thank you very much

osters5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages osters5
specsmachine wrote:Stardamsel had a similar design for derby #206: role reversal.

i was actually just about to post the same link! even before i clicked on the entry (i just saw the title) I knew that someone else had done it!!

beeman5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beeman5
Re: Classy Corgi

Smashing! +1

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
kyle1020 wrote:Yeah yeah. Because I've never seen darth vader or anyone copied directly. Oh wait, yes i have. It's not intentional I guess. And sorry if not everyone makes perfect designs. We make mistakes, now I know. Next time I promise to imply copyright infringement mommy. Thank you for being right up my butt on this one.

Well, with an attitude like that, I can promise you if you ever do follow the rules, you won't get a vote or purchase out of me. Part of woot is how you handle yourself, and calling me mommy and saying I'm up your butt isn't really endearing. Constructive or not, you better learn to deal with criticism without resorting to name-calling.

With that out of the way - can you show me where someone copied Darth Vader directly? There was a recent Darth print, but it was very clearly PARODY. If you can't differentiate between how that was parody and yours isn't, you may need to review the concept. That's some constructive criticism. ;)

3en

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 3en

3en

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 3en
Re: Dogtor Who

I NEEDS THAT SHIRT

dreamyvelvet

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dreamyvelvet
Re: Belly Rub

This shirt is adorable. I love it.

specialkac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages specialkac
dreamyvelvet wrote:This shirt is adorable. I love it.

Thank you! :D

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos
ccazabon wrote:Darn it, Chump...your "fix" definitely adds a world of difference that, before seeing it, only slightly bothered me. :P

Exactly how I feel too.

serenityh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages serenityh
Re: A-paw-calypse Now

You need a blue with a tail to really make it a Corgi power shirt. We always joke that our Cardi would take over the world if only we would tell him too. :-)

epicfal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epicfal
Re: On The Case

So cute! I can't help but think of The Great Mouse Detective, though the art styles are vastly different.

epicfal

Re: Ready to Roll!

I like this design a lot - nice to see impaired puppies getting some love, too. And of course, getting to keep living relatively normally, as opposed to having to be put to sleep. That's nice to see, too.

I don't think many people would interpret this shirt as approving of injuring dogs - I mean, I don't interpret a picture of a happy man in a wheelchair to mean that I should go break someone's kneecaps. It seems like a very bizarre jump to make.

jjjoven

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjjoven

De lujo!

epicfal

Re: Propellerhead Plane - Wagging Style - New Version

Very cute! I really like the placement.

mverc

Re: The butcher's dog

This is great, I am very surprised it doesn't have more votes. +1

xamen7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xamen7
kevlar51 wrote:Collab with Walmazan--hope you like it!

I love it! Monopoly was my *favorite* game as a kid! The dog was also my favorite token!

melfox86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages melfox86
Re: The Quick Brown Dog Jumped Over the Lazy Fox

I love this one- The layout of the animals is perfect. I would buy this in a heartbeat. You never fail to make me smile!