toastedsheep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toastedsheep
Re: Mine!

Yay! I got to vote this time!

kinkajou1015

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kinkajou1015
epicfal wrote:I like this design a lot - nice to see impaired puppies getting some love, too. And of course, getting to keep living relatively normally, as opposed to having to be put to sleep. That's nice to see, too.

I don't think many people would interpret this shirt as approving of injuring dogs - I mean, I don't interpret a picture of a happy man in a wheelchair to mean that I should go break someone's kneecaps. It seems like a very bizarre jump to make.

I'm a pretty dark and twisted individual most of the time.

moniquevh24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moniquevh24
walmazan wrote:I hope this prints!, I love it! +1

I agree; my favorite shirt in the derby!

serenityh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages serenityh
Re: A Horrible Accident

I have friends with Collies and when I showed them this, they said it was hilarious. And they would wear it. Great design.

zarboki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zarboki
AutoTechInSTL wrote:I'm not sure copyrights ever expire.. I mean plagiarism is plagiarism no matter how much time has passed

All intellectual property is time limited. Copyright exists until 50 years after the creator's death. Charles Schultz only passed in 2000 so there is still a long way to go before Snoopy is out of copyright.

Fair use exemptions are kind of tricky, parody "is the use of some elements of a prior author's composition to create a new one that, at least in part, comments on that author's works."

bakerface22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bakerface22
Re: Just a Little Husky

Amazing!!! We have 3 Spitzes and need this shirt

**Baker**

nainebel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nainebel
wisesage wrote:I think it is funny that Blue is the only one smoking for a couple of different reasons.
  • Blue is the youngest character of this bunch as far as date of creation and target audience.
  • Blue is the only girl of the group (yes, Blue is a girl. And if that isn't enough proof, I was visiting my brother's once while the kids were watching it and Blue was wearing a tutu.)
  • She also appears to be winning.

Don't forget that the original host of Blues Clues was arrested for drug use. Which adds more to the joke.

furthea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages furthea
Re: Cloud Chasing

That is adorable. I swear if this wins I'll be foreced to ensure that my mother's dog club sees it. That bunch of Agility nuts.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
prozakgal wrote:Anyone immediately think of this shirt?:
http://shirt.woot.com/blog/viewentry.aspx?id=8119

Yes! And I'd wear them interchangeably. Nice. I liked Stardamsel's version, too, but the colors on this pop nicely.

paigeg

kinkajou1015 wrote:I wasn't going to vote for this design initially as I personally am not fond of the art style or the color choices, let alone the subject matter, but I always check each entry when I try to vote to make sure, there are several I wouldn't have voted for on thumbnail alone yet detail won me over, and some thumbnails that won me over but details that made me gag.

Then the detail I wasn't really fond of the subject matter like I said, in the sense that I would feel bad with a shirt that had a dog in a pet wheelchair and wearing it would make me feel like I was promoting hurting animals to watch them frolic with these pet wheelchairs. And I also am not a fan of the colorizing technique.

Then BD3D walks in, barks nonsense, and I have to vote +1 to this design, just to spite him, partly because his entry this week fist the thumbnail wins me over but the detail is gah, partly because he has a known history with infringing on other people's work, and partly because I swear I've seen his little white fluffy dog before but I can't place where.

Anyway, I'm just saying, you have my vote, paigeg. I'm not really fond of many of your derby entries (really the derby 183 entry you did was the one I like the most of the entries I see), but I'll give you a vote to try and rise.

Kindof a strange take, but OK. My intent was more to show the happiness of a pup given a new chance at life, and the utter resilience our pets have, if we just give them the opportunity. They don't sit whining about being 'disabled'. Get it? Whining? Urrrggggh!
Thanks for the mention of the Stars entry - the nebula, or Jack Lalane? I appreciate you don't care for most of my subs. Neither do I, frankly. I'm trying to find my 'voice', as it were - my style. Obviously, I don't really have one. But as a rank amateur, I just do this for fun, and to learn.
Thanks for the vote, whatever prompted it.

paigeg

blinddog3d wrote:You sure do have a lot of savvy for being around for only a few weeks. Twice ain't "numerous," put it to bed.

That's what the tattle button is for, feel free to use it, anytime. Tattle, tattle tattle, but quit your bloodclot crying.

Let ye who is without sin cast the first vote, hahahaaa (I crack myself up, sometimes).

Bugger me! :D
BlindDog

PS- Thanks for the GMV, Fossilgirl1! Live long and prosper

hyuk. I had to hit reply just to see what 'bloodclot' was inserted for. But you actually wrote that!
I'm a fan of your style, for the most part, but I'm also wary. I Googled the crap out of that Maltese, because the style just doesn't fit the rest of the design. Came up empty. So, due-diligence done, GMV. Though, I still think the style difference between that one element and the rest of the piece is jarring. Doing the Maltese in the same style wouldn't have hurt it a bit, and might have rescued votes from those too gun-shy to suspend disbelief. JMHO.

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Do Not Pass Go

Thanks everyone for all the support and positive comments! We are so happy!

walmazan

Re: Boba Fetch

This is awesome, it will be in the top 3! congrats!

walmazan

Re: A great disturbance at the dog park

you always make me smile Lucky! haha! +1

walmazan

I'm crossing my fingers for this one! because I want it with all my bones!

demon42

quality posts: 1 Private Messages demon42
devilzukin wrote:I really want this shirt! Needs to get back into the fog and win!

Go fight win! I need this shirt!!

drewpac18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewpac18
Re: Beware of Fluffy

This needs to be voted back up into the fog immediately, based solely on the fact that I want it. Best of derby!

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
Re: Dogtor Who

Thanks again everyone for all the love on this one.

Nothing follows.

xarous

quality posts: 17 Private Messages xarous
Re: Caninicus!

Voldy's "tail" placement really bothers me.

sdkammer

quality posts: 30 Private Messages sdkammer
omarfeliciano wrote:It's so fluffy I wanna die!

Lol...just what I was thinking...

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
walmazan wrote:This is awesome, it will be in the top 3! congrats!

Thanks man, if I'm lucky enough to make top 3 then that'll be awesome, but I have no doubt in my mind you guys have 1st. Super wearable and awesome design!!!

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
thatrobert wrote:

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • You make me feel like I am whole again.

Thanks Robert!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
walmazan wrote:I'm crossing my fingers for this one! because I want it with all my bones!

I want yours and Kevs!

Thanks everyone.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Dog Dreams
jcflman wrote:Every time I see the thumbnail it makes me laugh. :D

Glad to hear it, thanks jcflman!

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64

This is funny, the dogs expression is perfect!

drewpac18

xarous wrote:Voldy's "tail" placement really bothers me.

*shakes head, sighs*

CapnLuke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CapnLuke
xarous wrote:Voldy's "tail" placement really bothers me.

How Freudian..

I really like this design, I'd buy one.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 162 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Re: Just a Little Husky

Wooo, thanks for all the comments and votes everyone! I'm shocked and pleased this little guy managed to hang out in the fog.

tommytrex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tommytrex
collinvh wrote:I know it's super late in the derby but I prefer this design over my first entry. It ties into the reference better and the splatter is more fitting of the movie and my own style. Thanks for the great comments on my first shirt.

I think tommytrex said it best:
"Are you going to bark all day...little doggie...or are you going to bite?" 

I hope you enjoy. Please vote...quickly.

Thanks for the quote.

You've improved an already well designed shirt. +1

specialkac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages specialkac
Re: A Bad Idea

Awwww I voted for you.. so cute!

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
paigeg wrote:hyuk. I had to hit reply just to see what 'bloodclot' was inserted for. But you actually wrote that!
I'm a fan of your style, for the most part, but I'm also wary. I Googled the crap out of that Maltese, because the style just doesn't fit the rest of the design. Came up empty. So, due-diligence done, GMV. Though, I still think the style difference between that one element and the rest of the piece is jarring. Doing the Maltese in the same style wouldn't have hurt it a bit, and might have rescued votes from those too gun-shy to suspend disbelief. JMHO.

Paige,
I always love your opinion. The style difference was intentional, and the votes lost wouldn't make a difference to me. I did that so I could use it as the thumb, for those that like cute, fluffy designs and not one person noticed that the dog holding the leash is my logo "BlindDog" in a tux. But this design has a message, "Don't Judge me!"

I have been singled out, not for using other people's art, but for being a loudmouth. There are so many others here that try to get away with copying, and get rejected. I'm not the only one, but I am the sacrificial dog. I'm ok with that.

I apologize for the controversy I caused on your doggy wheels, but you got a vote out of it. I will continue to submit my designs in derbies that merit my time, but I am focusing on my tattoo designs. They are doing very well and I love doing them.

On another note, my 7 Samurabbits that woot rejected has been picked up and produced by SiqueGear.com and will be on sale for $15, next week. I will put a link in my signature for all those that PM'd me that they wanted one if I ever printed it(15 wooters told me they wanted one). I'm doing a 400 shirt run in ALL sizes, from small youth sizes all the way up to XXXL ($18.50 for 3XL).

Thanks for your support through all the controversy, maybe the dust will settle and the drama will cease, but I doubt it. That never stopped me before, so why start now? A little drama never hurts, in fact it just brings attention to my designs.

Sincerely,
Bruno (aka BlindDog3D)

baadteddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baadteddy
MadamAtom wrote:I like it, but I have a feeling I'm missing a reference. Is it related to anything in particular? GMV either way.

My guess is game of thrones (Arya Stark and her wolf Nymeria)

zippybluedwarf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zippybluedwarf
bassanimation wrote: Go Emperor Pugpatine!

If Vader's dog is Pugpatine, does that make Obi Wan's dog Yodahuahua?

Great design. Love the Yoda-dog!

vicki3209

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vicki3209

Please make this tee!

weebee247

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weebee247
justzo wrote:Snoopy, Droopy, Scooby, Blue and Astro. Who is the one in the orange hat?

pretty sure thats Otis from Garfield.

Austin H.

weebee247

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weebee247
weebee247 wrote:pretty sure thats Otis from Garfield.

er.....Odie or something. Otis is from Milo & Otis

Austin H.

beezsaidmoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beezsaidmoo
Re: Guardian of the Underworld

Oh my God I need this shirt. It'll go great with the Red Riding Hood one you did.

conezone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages conezone
bislwem wrote:WHY is this out of the fog?

I feel the same way. This was really the only shirt I was interested in. I hope it prints sometime here or elsewhere.

gement

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gement
blinddog3d wrote:not one person noticed that the dog holding the leash is my logo "BlindDog" in a tux.

I noticed, and I presume I wasn't alone, since he all but leaped out and licked me on the nose. It seemed evident enough that I didn't think it needed mentioning.

drewpac18

epicfal wrote:Very cute! I really like the placement.

Agreed- good use of negative space.