laggyg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages laggyg
mixer23 wrote:You've GOT to be kidding me. I had always thought...

I can't believe I didn't pick up on that before you commented...so Boots is really an emotionless robot, huh? Who'd a thunk it?

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

laggyg wrote:That's awesome! But is...is the octopus picking the dragon's nose!?! =P Sorry, now people won't be able to un-see that...

Even if it's not workable into a derby, you can still print it up on a shirt...once you learn how to for that other design you said you would learn how to print for. I'd totally give you money for it =)

lol! It's really just a joke 'cuz you said you like dragons and octopus so much I'd make it look fancier if you REALLY wanted it on a shirt.

jesseroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jesseroo

Wish this derby hadn't fallen on Dragoncon weekend, because I had a lot of ideas I'd have liked to do.

mightyrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightyrain
Re: Night of the Living Woot

Much like the living swarm to the tender inards of the living... The living swarm to the inards of the infamous Woot bag!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: It's Here!

mldgibberish, not a fan of googie architecture, huh? :^) I specifically wanted to honor Woot's new offices & home in Seattle. The last bag contest happened before they moved.

Ressamac, I would have liked to work Carrollton in too because -of course- their warehouses and production are still in Texas, but the design was getting pretty busy as it is.

Thanks to everyone who's supported this artwork!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Shirt Invasion

Yes, sweet design!

I am rooting for the monkey so that I will find one of his vanquished enemies inside the bag. ;)

andersdotter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andersdotter

I'd vote for it... but it isn't on the bag template and will probably be rejected soon...

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ

was wishing we would have some cool new bags from this derby but i have a bad feeling this one will make it some how B^(

so many great looking designs and most of them are not anywhere near the fog B^( sad! very sad!

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple

Spirit, I love that you put Seattle in there. I think this is excellent.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: Crying Robots Make Our Shirts

If I had but known how these shirts were really made, I would've been buying many more...though would that mean I was helping or hurting these robots?

OnyxEyez

quality posts: 6 Private Messages OnyxEyez
Re: Bag Lady (Re-Sub)

Wow I would love this for a tattoo...

Woot: x 41
Shirt.Woot: x 41
Sellout.Woot: x 11
Kids.Woot: x 4
Wine.Woot: x none. Wine gives me migraines. I'll take the cheese tho.

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

laggyg wrote:Just when you think you've talked your way out of it, you realize I've got no pride and will TOTALLY try to do this! ha-HAA! =D

The reason I say "try to" is because although I'm a fairly skinny guy, I'm not sure I could fit into a vertically oriented bag. We may have to try this experiment with a horizontally laid-out design. Are you opposed to wearing a different bag as a tube top? Or does it HAVE to be this one or not at all? Let me know...

After they start printing the winners, you must wear the first new bag that you get! lololololol! Also, you must make the bag look good somehow, not all ripped-up. It doesn't matter if the bag is horizontal or vertical you have to work with it somehow. I will seriously make a bag-shirt and post it on woot if you also make one. Not even kidding.

Paradox55

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Paradox55
Re: The Wooty Bunch

Getting a shirt in this bag would hurt

jodiehuie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jodiehuie
Re: When You Woot Upon A Star

Nice design. Please submit it on the bag template and I'll vote for her.

collinvh

quality posts: 61 Private Messages collinvh
Re: CRAZY CRITTERS

This is really great! If it doesn't make it here and prints elsewhere as a shirt or a bag or a pillowcase or whatever please let me know. GMV

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
grrafikwolf wrote:I hope the fish don't have to pay too much for water damage in their apartment . . . >.>

What water damage? The issue is Ms. Upsy Daisy in the unit above owes big time for draining her apartmequarium.

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
Re: The woot paper monster

Wouldn't it technically be a plastic monster ... since the bags are plastic?

pinkyinthesky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pinkyinthesky
rahbi wrote:I'm new. Let me know what you think of my design.

I think it would look better on a Yellow shirt. So you could see the torn packaging better, but its super cute! =)

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=56560]Hand Picked

Fantastic ink work. I havn't been paying too much attention this derby, but this is hands down awesome! +1

Jedigreedo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jedigreedo

I'm fairly certain that people aren't generally "hating" on ramy just because of his vapid art that caters to the simplest audience possible, but rather because of his lack of artistic integrity, and his consistently crooked ethics. He has quite the history of plagiarism and scamming.

So, knowing that sort of history about someone, I have a pretty bad feeling when it comes to the idea of him receiving any further money from woot. I hope even if this does win, that woot ultimately rejects it in the interest of something tasteful that doesn't represent convoluted ethics.

As for the design itself, it's just dull.

Jedigreedo

This is easily my favorite entry for this derby, Spirit! It just seems perfect, and I hope to see it gracing the bag of my next shirt order! :D

Jedigreedo

Re: An Eager Robot

Great work! It blends in perfectly with the bag and just looks awesome.

mattlussier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattlussier
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=56560]Hand Picked

wow! it looks so old...which makes it look so good!
thanx for posting the detailed blips...

1up

Sevenie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sevenie
Re: Good Luck Finding a Phone Booth

This must win. For it is brilliant.

cupidsrevenge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cupidsrevenge
dylia wrote:If you've bought anything from Woot, you should be "legal" to vote.

Thanks, though!

Thanks. I hadn't ordered at the time but now I voted

TheIginator

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheIginator

RGLEE you are consistently one of my favorite artists on shirt.woot. Best of luck to you.

TheIginator

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheIginator

I am disappoint.

jdevenberg

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jdevenberg

So I normally don't read comments or even remotely pay attention to who designed a shirt I am voting for and/or buying. I vote purely based on design. When I first saw this my very first thought was "Wow, this is cool, it shows a bunch of the popular shirt designs". Of course the artist redid them in his style, if he didn't it would have been stealing other peoples work and representing it as his own. I hope this bag wins because I for one feel it does represent shirt.woot. All the hate just shows how popular and successful this artist is. People are jealous that their art (or favorite artist) isn't as popular as RamyB.

imadonut

quality posts: 1 Private Messages imadonut
coffeegrace wrote:Thanks! And thanks to the person who commented on the first submission. I left an s out of crossing, and that's the kind of thing I just can't live with. I had to resubmit it! LOL

thanks for the SS Woot. Now it is perfect. You have my vote, for what it is worth.

jdevenberg

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jdevenberg

And for the record, Tiles of Woot, It's Here, Monkey Business, and to a degree Whats Wrong with This Picture are all variations of this exact same idea. Taking popular woot shirts and themes, and putting them in one design in the artists chosen style.

dribbles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dribbles
dreamingcrow wrote:I honestly just don't get you guys. Yes, I know that some people are sick of ramyb t-shirts. I am not, as over half of my shirt.woot purchases have been designed by ramyb. Even the designers that I don't enjoy, I don't hate on, though. They keep being on here because they're popular and they well well. Why is that bad when it's ramyb?

+1

i to am a fan of RamyB and my shirts consist a lot of his designs (and my tattoos) but in saying that i also have just as many other Tees from artist here.

I vote on what i want to spend my money on or what my kid says he wants for his collection.

I don't see why so many people have so much hate for this guys designs if you don't like something don't vote but remember what ever you write here doesn't sway votes WE are going to vote for "I'D WANT ONE" regardless.

As for the bag when i saw it, it wasn't the reaction i would have given it for a shirt i saw past it being Ramyb's and saw the fact that it was the top rating shirts that have kept woot.shirt alive. Did it get a vote sure but so did 5-6 others as well that i saw worthy of holding my shirt that i order!

Good luck Ramyb!

audentio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages audentio

This is why I love Ramy. Your submissions breed some really good rage, and it's entertaining to read. I can't believe some people would "quit" this site just because a bag you drew won the derby.

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
jdevenberg wrote: All the hate just shows how popular and successful this artist is. People are jealous that their art (or favorite artist) isn't as popular as RamyB.

I don't want to get too off-topic, but let's please cut the "hate = jealousy" and "hate = popularity" argument that so often arises in these threads; one usually sounds childish when one makes such a statement at the end of what was, up until that point, a perfectly okay argument by yourself.

"Don't believe´╗┐ in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

zzzaap

quality posts: 51 Private Messages zzzaap

I don't hate this design because I hate ramyb (although, admittedly, I do. Or, at least, his style.), I hate it because windows are too uniform and straight. I'm imagining it better without those black borders.

It also doesn't feel like "woot!", it feels like "This is what represents woot!" I mean, the monkey kind-of represents woot!, but this feels like "THIS IS WHAT REPRESENTS WOOT!"

ginawoot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages ginawoot
Re: Secret Admirer

This is beautiful. Is it okay that I really love the thumbnail? That intimate view from kitty's perspective just gets me!

NameyMcName

quality posts: 10 Private Messages NameyMcName
zzzaap wrote:I don't hate this design because I hate ramyb (although, admittedly, I do. Or, at least, his style.), I hate it because windows are too uniform and straight. I'm imagining it better without those black borders.

Without the borders it wouldn't be as reminiscent of the Brady Bunch intro.

psychotik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psychotik
Narfcake wrote:Wouldn't it technically be a plastic monster ... since the bags are plastic?

Well, technically, yes... but don't tell anyone ;)

redwingsilvertail

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redwingsilvertail
Re: What is It?

The fox is adorable, I would so buy at least two. A shame it isn't ranking higher...

guppy808

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guppy808
Re: Goody Bag

I
I love all this different characters represented in this design!!!!

guppy808

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guppy808
Re: Goody Bag

I
I love all this different characters represented in this design!!!!