sootandstars27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sootandstars27
jodiehuie wrote:Nice design. Please submit it on the bag template and I'll vote for her.

D'oh! I submitted the .AI file on the bag template, but stupidly followed submission instructions and did the shirt for the second upload.

Newbie, first submission. I'm guessing my whole score is wiped if I cancel and resubmit -.-

kadsworld

quality posts: 10 Private Messages kadsworld
Re: Beam It Down, Wooty

Resub with template. Please...this is my first time...be gentle.

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
jasneko wrote:@narfcake - hyuk I knew people would say that... I had to leave it out ...

Fair enough ... and I just realized I wrote "complete meal". Damnit, woot - you and all the food designs. And why is there another "Woot Order Confirmation" in my inbox?!

glazemaniscool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glazemaniscool
Re: Woot-cha Libre

I want this soooo much.

laggyg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages laggyg
Re: Unlock your Woot

I really enjoy this concept! From the "!" shaped lock and the shirt in the key, it is incredibly creative. GMV =)

laggyg

ochopika wrote:lol! It's really just a joke 'cuz you said you like dragons and octopus so much I'd make it look fancier if you REALLY wanted it on a shirt.

Well I tell you what...learn how to make the shirts first, and if by that time you haven't found a freakishly strange derby theme to work a fancied-up version of this design into, THEN you can fancy it up and sell me a shirt or 2...Sound like a plan? ;)

laggyg

ochopika wrote:After they start printing the winners, you must wear the first new bag that you get! lololololol! Also, you must make the bag look good somehow, not all ripped-up. It doesn't matter if the bag is horizontal or vertical you have to work with it somehow. I will seriously make a bag-shirt and post it on woot if you also make one. Not even kidding.

Well...if I turn out to have some amazing, as-yet-undiscovered talent in fashion design, I will be just as surprised as you by this revelation hahaha...but I'll see if I can pull something out of my ass =P lol...Challenge accepted!

Bet you never thought you'd get the guy that didn't want to wear pink into a woot bag tube top lol...but what the hell, this is pretty funny! They better print some kickass shirts soon after the winning bags get picked. I honestly haven't been buying many shirts lately...at this rate it may be awhile before I get one of the new bags =/

laggyg

konkonsn wrote:I would totally bust out the crayon or market set on this after I got my shirt...

Oooooh...that WOULD be alot of fun! Somehow I think the markers would work better, I'm not sure how well crayon would transfer to the bag...but I've never tried!

laggyg

Re: What's wrong with this picture

The style present in this design reminds me of those little comics in the margin of MAD Magazine...anyone know what I'm talking about? It's like them but...BIGGER! I love it! I could stare at this for a looooong time...

laggyg

sailorastro wrote:Genius!! If this design wins, it'll be the first bag I've ever saved after ordering from shirt.woot.

You must not have seen Let's go to the Beach! yet. That's my favorite bag so far (of the 4 designs I have gotten), and I only got one. My mom wants a copy of it too, so I might give her mine...but I hope they keep the old bags in circulation still too! Maybe I could get a 2nd copy...

MadamAtom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MadamAtom
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=56584]Happy

The idea is clever, but that's an awful lot of white space. It might help to enlarge him and rotate him 90 degrees.

kinkajou1015

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kinkajou1015
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=56560]Hand Picked

I'm sad this hasn't fogged yet.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked

The usable logo does look like an after thought. I guess that is the 'wanted to do more' part.

But nice lock.

type40geekwithsam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages type40geekwithsam

Absolutely Brilliant- If I could vote...I would vote this bag :D

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ

Um, are you sure you belong here? lol Beautiful

collinvh

quality posts: 61 Private Messages collinvh
kinkajou1015 wrote:I'm sad this hasn't fogged yet.

I think you were typing this as my design walked into the fog of war. That's so cool that others care about this and are watching my design. Hopefully we can all have a copy in our mailbox soon. Thanks everybody.

moniquevh24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moniquevh24

The kids and I are so proud of you and all your hard work! This is truly a wonderful piece of work... xoxo

collinvh

moniquevh24 wrote:The kids and I are so proud of you and all your hard work! This is truly a wonderful piece of work... xoxo

Awe, my biggest fans. Thanks babe. It'd be more fun to celebrate together than be here at the shop designing until the early hours.

jcflman

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jcflman

This should be top 3. If this wins I may buy a bunch of woot shirts just so I could have a plethora of these bags. That way, I could throw them on my bed, roll around in them and bask in their greatness.

Well done, collinvh, well done!

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza
Re: Tiles of Woot

Great characters!

qetza

qetza

Re: An Eager Robot

Amazing illustration! One of my faves.

qetza

Re: Monkey Business

Awesome characters!

qetza

Re: What's wrong with this picture

Amazing illo! So much to see - love it.

qetza

Re: It's Here!

Very nice illustration! Love the coloring and halftones!

qetza

Would love to see this in the fog. Amazing work!

qetza

Re: Why Can't We be Friends?

Fantastic characters! Love the way you did the water.

qetza

Re: Goody Bag

Edge to edge awesomeness!

Vuisyou

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Vuisyou

I'm glad you put Seattle in there... since we have to pay taxes on all of our woot crap now

cwendauthi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwendauthi
laggyg wrote:I don't get it why is this STILL not in the fog? It's TOO AMAZING NOT TO PRINT! VOTE people, vote!

Pretty much. Easily my favorite design, and there are quite a few good ones. I hope it gets a mid- to last-minute rush.

Narfcake

Re: Hand Picked and Line Dried

In the fog now!

(PS: In the future, don't use ampersands or other symbols in the title; it screws up the derby image and link when adding a comment.)

Narfcake

laggyg wrote:Maybe I could get a 2nd copy...

The more shirts you buy, the more bags you get. Eventually, you will get duplicates/triplicates/etc.

I would venture to say that they will keep using the existing bags until they exhaust their inventory.

turtlesallthewaydown

quality posts: 1 Private Messages turtlesallthewaydown

nice :-)

She Walks Into Walls
Ouch.

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks

A little late to the party but clever!

mattlussier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattlussier
goober1984 wrote:Yes to this design!!! Yes!

just want to make mailmen woozy and dizzy...

collinvh

Narfcake wrote:In the fog now!

(PS: In the future, don't use ampersands or other symbols in the title; it screws up the derby image and link when adding a comment.)

Yes, I will keep that in mind narfcake. I had to learn this lesson the hard way. How did you get my shirt comp image to appear when posting?

Narfcake

collinvh wrote:Yes, I will keep that in mind narfcake. I had to learn this lesson the hard way. How did you get my shirt comp image to appear when posting?

Right click, copy image url, and manually enter in the tags. Ultimately, it ends up reading like this (except replace the parenthesis with brackets):

(quote)Re: (url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=56560)Hand Picked and Line Dried
(img=100x100)http://derbyimages.woot.com/2155207/c4f7e720-5a32-4093-9fdb-524a8d47447b.jpg(/img)
(/url)(/quote)

jeff84401

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeff84401
MadamAtom wrote:The idea is clever, but that's an awful lot of white space. It might help to enlarge him and rotate him 90 degrees.

Thank you. I thought about rotating him (I was thinking 45 degrees actually) and/or having two, three, or four of him centered on the bag, feet towards the center. But ultimately, in the interest of simplicity, I went with just one little "!" guy, right side up.

And I honestly didn't give size a lot of thought, so thanks for the feedback on that. Come to think of it, I think he's the same size he would have been if there had been multiple copies of him going from the center to each corner, so I probably could (should?) have made him bigger.

Anyway, thanks again for your comments and feedback.

psychotik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psychotik
Re: Nerd 4 Life

haha really cool!

rachina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachina

Hey, good job! I like it. I always love cute stuff!