rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129
taternuggets wrote:It's still awesome. ;)

A-ha! Sorry!!!! (And thanks)

dsdm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsdm
ambergreen wrote:The thumbnail and the design don't match, so you may need to resubmit.

Crap, I didn't notice. Thanks!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
laggyg wrote:Very fun design...but there seems to be alot of empty space to me.

Maybe if you had more robots? Perhaps rows of crying robots in an...erm...robots don't sweat, do they? An Oil-Shop?...yeah...maybe if you had rows of crying bots in an oil-shop-like fashion it would work better for me. Just sayin =)

I thought small and simple would be good for a bag. To get people to look at something they're used to throwing away, I thought it would be better to do one little image to draw them in, rather than giving them too much to look at all at once. I like your idea as a t-shirt design, though. Ees good!

laggyg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages laggyg
Re: Woot-haul

Pop-art is full of win! Nice parody =)

perfectfire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perfectfire
Re: Turtles all the way down

Yay, Stephen Hawking reference.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: Crying Robots Make Our Shirts

I love how simple this is, plus you make great robots. They're very quirky cool.

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen
Re: Monkey Business

One word. Monkeicorn.

laggyg

Re: chess.woot!

This is a fun and creative way to promote the recycling of the woot bags. Nice work!

dsdm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsdm
Re: Good Luck Finding a Phone Booth

Okay, resubmitted. Accidentally posted a thumb with an alternate color scheme. I'm glad it was caught early instead of after a full weekend of votes, like the last time I entered a bag derby. That was very disappointing. Thanks to the people who pointed it out to me!

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76

I think this would depress me out of buying a shirt. Sad robots make me sad.

perfectfire

Re: Sunshine in my Mailbox (Small)

I don't think you're allowed to slice the woot logo. However, I really like your design!

futhermore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages futhermore
ramyb wrote:saved

No kitty?

You may have noticed I'm not all there myself.

laggyg

Re: Wooter Space

If blanked is right and those orbit paths are considered changing the logo too much, I suggest a woot-logo comet flying in the background to supplement one full and totally unaltered logo (have the logo unaltered in any way, and comet trails/fire behind it to illustrate motion).

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
Re: Woot Signal

I was going for old school comic style, but yours definitely has cool lighting effects too it.

perfectfire

Re: What's wrong with this picture

A bag that people won't immediately throw away. Brilliant.

Also, I don't think a boy with a jet-pack flying up to get cookies is wrong at all. It's oh so right. It's righteous.

laggyg

Re: Splatter the Woot

I've always enjoyed abstract, splattery things. Very nice design!

lyonscc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lyonscc
perfectfire wrote:I don't think you're allowed to slice the woot logo. However, I really like your design!

As I read the rules, there just had to be at least one full, unaltered logo. I didn't see anything about slicing.

(fingers crossed...)

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Tiles of Woot

All tiley.

laggyg

Re: Temple Of Woot

I love how the Pirate is CLEARLY holding his hook with his hand that he still has intact...unlike that traditional reason Pirates have hooks =P

lyonscc

Re: What's wrong with this picture

Brilliant - lots of fun.

joelongbow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joelongbow
Re: Heeeeere Boaty Boaty Boaty

Quick resub - forgot to add the white background >.<

BootsBoots

curli76 wrote:I think this would depress me out of buying a shirt. Sad robots make me sad.

Sad robots make me happy that I am not a robot with feelings.

lyonscc

laggyg wrote:If blanked is right and those orbit paths are considered changing the logo too much, I suggest a woot-logo comet flying in the background to supplement one full and totally unaltered logo (have the logo unaltered in any way, and comet trails/fire behind it to illustrate motion).

They were pretty strict last time, and "unaltered" included having any art over the top.

I like the comet+trail suggestion...

laggyg

Re: Exact Change Please

I can picture standing in line at one of these rare machines in Japan, waiting for winning shirts to be announced so I can get one hot off the presses. Because if it came from Japan, you KNOW it would be able to print shirts on demand. And whatever it printed would have that "still-warm-right-after-coming-out-of-the-dryer" feeling since it would be "still-warm-right-after-being-printed" lol

lyonscc

laggyg wrote:If this makes it I better get one before Halloween so I can make the COOLEST COSTUME EVAR!

After seeing people asking about recycling the bags, this is the best solution I've seen. A+ =)

+1 - a big Jack Black fan...

BootsBoots

Re: Directions

I'm not sure why I love this, but I do. I think it's the guy taking off his shirt.

nancyzas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nancyzas
Re: Intelligent Mail

Very cool! Will be PERFECT for Woot's packaging!!!

laggyg

Re: abstract woot

Almost looks like an eyeball with crazy eyelashes to me. What does everyone else see in the inkblot?

lyonscc

Re: Monkey Business

I always go for the Ninja... they have a soft spot in my heart.

BootsBoots

taternuggets wrote:It's still awesome. ;)

Nah, I don't like it this time around. ;)

lustwane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lustwane
Re: Rebirth of Venus

YE GODS! The astronaut is well done but i wouldn't woot her with a stolen woot!

lyonscc

Re: Woot-Machine

Having worked in a production environment, this one sparks old memories. Though Woot symbols are much cleaner than solvent streams and steam pipes...

+1

lyonscc

Sad robots remind me of Marvin...

perfectfire

Ok, obviously I've been staring at this for too long. The yo-yo girl shouting woot doesn't have anything wrong with her. She needs to have 6 fingers or the thumb on the wrong side of her hand.

Also, at first I thought there was nothing wrong with the kite flying girl, but I eventually realized that she was a transvestite. Very clever!

laggyg

Re: shipping

The figurehead on the front of the ship should TOTALLY have a woot shirt on...but that's the only thing I'd change. AWESOME design!

lustwane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lustwane
Re: Turtles all the way down

There are no words for how awesome this is.

lyonscc

Re: Bag Lady

You might want to quickly resub this - they have been rejecting designs with text (like "Vote") on the design detail thumbnails...

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
joelongbow wrote:Quick resub - forgot to add the white background >.<

What about displaying it on a bag?

laggyg

Re: Bag Lady

The connotations associated with the term "bag lady" make my skin crawl, and my brain not want to say that she is beautiful. But I see whut u did thar...

Beautiful design, well done. It has a very tattoo-like/pinup-girl feel to me, and not just because your lady is all tatted up too (at least, I HOPE those are supposed to be tats and not creepy tentacle OMGOMGOMGPONIESOMG PONIES! vines or something like that =P haha)

accidentalbiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages accidentalbiz
lyonscc wrote:I always go for the Ninja... they have a soft spot in my heart.

I wish that this would be a tshirt!!! So funny. I have to say I love the Harry Potter Monkey.