thurdl01

quality posts: 11 Private Messages thurdl01
Re: Wootdallion

In general I'm loving all the submissions that suggest crafts with the bags.

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
Re: An Eager Robot

Reminds me of Brad Bird's Iron Giant...

+1

laggyg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages laggyg

I love this design! I never cease to be amazed by your robots, and how great you pull off that metal/shiny look with limited colors. I hope this goes to print, it's one of the best designs I've seen so far! =)

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
Re: Intelligent Mail

Awesome! Snailmail ahoy!

lancerc07

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lancerc07
Re: Dirty Bowl

Someone forgot to change the water: Tragedy ensues.

Next time you feel like shirking the responsibility. Please. . . think of the fish.

laggyg

lyonscc wrote:As I read the rules, there just had to be at least one full, unaltered logo. I didn't see anything about slicing.

(fingers crossed...)

I think you should be good, since you have the unaltered solid blue logos making up the bigger, chopped up logo. As long as you hvae at least one unaltered logo, you can do whatever you want (stretch, skew, chop, slice, etc) with the rest of the logos present

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote

Mmm, nice. Love the tearing through the bag effect!

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
Re: What's wrong with this picture

There is absolutely nothing wrong here. Everything is perfectly normal. ^_^

GMV!

laggyg

Re: Rebirth of Venus

I wish the BG was less textured/busy so it would make the astronaut and alien lady pop a bit more...but overall I like it.

It also might have been fun to make the woot logo part of a thought bubble from the astronaut...same placement, just a few smaller yellow circles connecting the logo to his head, making it a thought bubble instead of the sun.

miztickow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miztickow
laggyg wrote:Almost looks like an eyeball with crazy eyelashes to me. What does everyone else see in the inkblot?

GIANT FETUS WHALE!!!

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
Re: It's Here!

Beautiful homage to "there's something for everyone" aspect. Not just like it, but LOVE it. Definitely GMV!

laggyg

Re: Directions

For some reason, I can't help but look at this guy as see a slightly more realistic version of Ned Flanders...try to un-see that =P

higgyce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages higgyce
Re: woot dog walks on your shirt

well here's the only one woot will let me upload...dont know why it wont let me put the other one but...I hope people like this one

pharmacide

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pharmacide
Re: Woot-cha Libre

Very cool idea! A shirt and a mask in one delivery!

laggyg

Re: Wooters Wooting

Very fun design, and AMAZING color work!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Awesome bag rglee!

Vote!

lancerc07

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lancerc07
Re: Better Than Hearts!

Sure, hearts are nice. I mean, who doesn't like them to appear overhead once in awhile? But. . . exclamation points, that's where it's at. You dig?

laggyg

Re: A Woot! Owl

You are supposed to be making a bag, not a shirt lol. Try resubbing on the right template before it's too late...

reganrabbit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reganrabbit
lyonscc wrote:You might want to quickly resub this - they have been rejecting designs with text (like "Vote") on the design detail thumbnails...

Oh, thanks, if they boot it, I'll resub. Been a while since I did a derby, didn't know people had stopped doing that... now I look all needy and demanding

Thanks for the feedback. I may try for another design this weekend.

lyonscc

Re: Wooters Wooting

Excellent shading - hard this week w/o gradients and limited colors!

jasneko

BootsBoots wrote:The bunny is my favorite!

All of them are pretty great, but I think my favorite is the cat. Walmazan - sooo good!

Vote!

snuggiebloodlust

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snuggiebloodlust
Re: Bag of Fish

love!

vorteks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vorteks
Re: The Wooty Bunch

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. :-)

ricoandino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ricoandino
BootsBoots wrote:I'm not sure why I love this, but I do. I think it's the guy taking off his shirt.

Thanks! I think that's my favorite panel too.

lyonscc

I think the cat's behind the woot symbol...

jasneko

Spiritgreen wrote:Quite brilliant. So many things to notice, my favorite being the man who lost his duck.

^___^

Me too, totally makes me giggle.
Amazing details apelad!

Vote!

ricoandino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ricoandino
laggyg wrote:For some reason, I can't help but look at this guy as see a slightly more realistic version of Ned Flanders...try to un-see that =P

HA! Now I can't Un-See it!!!

laggyg

BootsBoots wrote:I thought small and simple would be good for a bag. To get people to look at something they're used to throwing away, I thought it would be better to do one little image to draw them in, rather than giving them too much to look at all at once. I like your idea as a t-shirt design, though. Ees good!

Makes perfect sense from a design standpoint. Glad you liked my suggestion as a possible shirt design. You think woot will ever do a sweatshop derby? Or a sad robot derby? Either way, keep the great artwork coming! =)

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: Shining in Shadows

Thanks everyone! I am so thrilled that you enjoy it!

thurdl01

quality posts: 11 Private Messages thurdl01

What? No! Get back into the fog!

TheLarrikin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheLarrikin
Re: shirt.woot! to the rescue

This is how they get those shirts to Siberia and other stereotypically-remote locations.

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: Why Can't We be Friends?

Pirates, robots, ninjas, and zombies can finally coexist on this bag. If you don't like cute pirate shirts then you can receive this bag ironically, which is cool too.

Click for fuller close-up thing:

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
Re: What is It?

"Hey look what that woot monkey dropped... What is it?"

Nightshooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Nightshooter

can the penguin fly?

lyonscc

Re: It's Here!

Love the meme collection!

dylia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dylia
laggyg wrote:For some reason, I can't help but look at this guy as see a slightly more realistic version of Ned Flanders...try to un-see that =P

I was thinking Magnum P.I., but the brainworm is still there...Especially if those shorts don't extend far beyond the bottom of the panel!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

This is spectacular, I love how you made it look like he was tearing through plastic. The tearing and stretching is perfect.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

locoskier78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages locoskier78
Re: Lindy Hopper's Delight

What some Wooters may not know is that within the Swing Dancing community, Woot shirts are probably the most worn t-shirts at dances. So here's something for them to be recognized by.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

OMGOMGOMGPONIESOMG this is a brilliant idea.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: Bag of Fish

Adding blue was a good solution to the too much white space feel! Nice and simple, like the best solutions always are