melkayne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melkayne

Pokemon?? Isn't that a game for 8 year olds? (I just threw out my college son's old badge book and that (very) yellow pokemon gameboy). That picture sure doesn't look Meowth or Persian...
but thanks for the explanation.

I still would prefer the cat without the boxes. I think the cat joke is the stronger joke.

ponyscribbles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ponyscribbles
melkayne wrote:Pokemon?? Isn't that a game for 8 year olds? (I just threw out my college son's old badge book and that (very) yellow pokemon gameboy). That picture sure doesn't look Meowth or Persian...
but thanks for the explanation.

I still would prefer the cat without the boxes. I think the cat joke is the stronger joke.

Actually if I'm remembering it right, the 8-bit Derby specifically forbid using existing video game characters in making the art. 8-bit style art, in-jokes and refs okay, actual characters no.

Nice trolling attempt though, re: the "for 8-year-olds" comment. I'll give that a 6.5 out of 10. And if it was unintentional, then...uh...hm.

lisaviolet

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lisaviolet
jnrice wrote:actually...

Nope, it's not. My husband works in high end homes (construction) and you'd be amazed at how many of the homeowners are just floored when their cats come up to him and start wanting pets and attention. "Oh, my cat NEVER does that, s/he always hides when strangers are here!"

He just smiles, never mentions how many we have at home.

-getting up on soapbox-

And if people did the responsible thing by spaying and neutering their cats, whether or not they let them roam (bad! bad! bad! letting cats go free range nowadays is NOT a good thing!), we wouldn't have so many here. Every one of our cats is a rescued cat.

And as sad as it sounds, the neighborhood ferals are pretty much all gone (coyotes or getting trapped and euthanized by well meaning neighbors; "well meaning" because now there's a definite mouse and rat problem on the street, too bad, so sad, hope you don't mind having your wires chewed on and ruined) and we haven't gotten a new kitten since 2008.

The last feral, who we had neutered years and years ago, was PTS earlier this year, for the first time I was able to pick him up in my arms because he was so sick (kidney disease).

So, in ten or fifteen years, we should be able to have a life again. ;D.

-getting down off of soapbox, trips over a cat and falls face first onto the tile floor-

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 162 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

First day sales: 2919

Posting this here as well...

Wooo, I got my sample shirts in. They pretty much printed exactly how they look in the mock up. Thanks woot!

Hold on I got to go feed my cat. =D

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ

Got mine today as well. I love the cranberry, makes everything just come off so well.

The cat was not impressed though

panpear

quality posts: 3 Private Messages panpear

I just got back from my vacation and I am SOOO happy to see this shirt here! I was super bummed it didn't win the first time, and I was totally hoping that it would make it the second time around! I made sure to vote for it. And now I shall get one post haste! Yey!

wootpoop

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootpoop
bmw66x wrote:I find this shirt to be unreasonably hilarious. LOLs were had by all!

May be the best shirt I've seen on Woot! But I'm not comfortable enough with my manliness to wear a cat shirt.

Anaelien

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Anaelien

Got my new shirt and I LOVE it! There's only one problem. When I went to wear it I noticed the seams under the right arm were undone. It looks like it was misaligned when it was sewn.

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
Anaelien wrote:Got my new shirt and I LOVE it! There's only one problem. When I went to wear it I noticed the seams under the right arm were undone. It looks like it was misaligned when it was sewn.

Take pics and email them with your order number to service@woot.com ... they'll take care of it from there.

Anaelien

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Anaelien
Narfcake wrote:Take pics and email them with your order number to service@woot.com ... they'll take care of it from there.

Thanks!

kierara

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kierara

AUGH! I wish I had gotten this shirt for myself and my friend! Make it happen as a late birthday present Woot!!! PWEEAASSE?

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
kierara wrote:AUGH! I wish I had gotten this shirt for myself and my friend! Make it happen as a late birthday present Woot!!! PWEEAASSE?

Look through the Random Shirt and Random Shirt Trading Center threads for folks having just received theirs and wanting something else instead.