a month ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 41% of Shirt Woots
Top 11% of all Woots
Woots Sold:

Quality Posts

Yell0w

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Yell0w

so without the moon, won't the tides go out of control?

Razer Protone m250 Street-Style Clip Earphones (3), Razer Copperhead 2000dpi Laser Gaming Mouse
(shirt.woot) USA 2145, Floating Squishy, The Creative Thought Process, Aaarrrgyle, Unfriendly Locals, BFF, RAAAARR!, Apathetic in the Face of Certain Annihilation, Dino Wino, Angry Day, Sleeping Problems, Please Don’t Feed The Whatever That Thing Is, Loves Me

JadenKale

quality posts: 186 Private Messages JadenKale

Interesting pick, staff! This is one of the best tees you've chosen this week!

Darquis

quality posts: 28 Private Messages Darquis

About time there's an editor's choice for me to spend money on.

Now, can has Abbey Roadblock?

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 174 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

Woooo, congrats rasabi! I really like the visuals on this image it's very powerful.

Though I'm sure the Tides will not like the moon being moved around like that. They have a scheduled to keep! Erosion waits for no one!

lonelypond

quality posts: 667 Private Messages lonelypond

I've always like the bright rough look of the moon in this design. And the idea of stealing it has a charming impossible flair. Tempting.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 36 Private Messages odysseyroc
JadenKale wrote:Interesting pick, staff! This is one of the best tees you've chosen this week!

best of the bunch, imo.

bluejester

quality posts: 602 Private Messages bluejester

I love the way that the chains draw your eyes towards the moon. The way it plays out, you naturally take in all of the design in a nice flowing manner, rather than the person hauling the moon, or the moon itself acting as two different focal points.

rumpatas

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rumpatas

Out to steal the moon? I guess this shirt Gru on you.

zekecatz

quality posts: 211 Private Messages zekecatz

Was this inspired by George Bailey in It's a Wonderful Life?

"What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary."

gertiestn

quality posts: 68 Private Messages gertiestn

There's something about this image that just takes my breath away.

JadenKale

quality posts: 186 Private Messages JadenKale
odysseyroc wrote:best of the bunch, imo.

I had qetza up there too, mind you.

evilaelf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evilaelf

YAY!

I had been hoping this design would be printed! Love it!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Ohhhh, niiice. Im really enjoying the picks so far. This was a lovely image. Congrats, rasabi! I especially like the chains. I know that's odd, but, chains are fascinating....or maybe I've just had too much Maker's Mark. @_@

jasneko

quality posts: 32 Private Messages jasneko

Wooo so nice, I really liked this one! Congrats rasabi!

mayh658

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mayh658

Makes me think Artemis or Selene must have done something to anger Kratos.

Those crazy Olympians should leave that poor guy alone.

halcyonights

quality posts: 2 Private Messages halcyonights

I always imagine the moon lifting the thieves off the ground like an enormous luminous hot air balloon; gently floating the weathered cart up into a deep dark ocean filled with faintly shimmering stars...

evilcanary

quality posts: 3 Private Messages evilcanary

Really love this shirt, but the way the chains are wrapping around just doesn't make sense numerically...

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
odysseyroc wrote:best of the bunch, imo.

I'm gonna go ahead and call this the best woot print in a while. It's bloody gorgeous, and a wonderful combo of a striking and original image with beautiful shirt composition.

Narfcake

quality posts: 382 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Another great EC, another purchase. This week has been proving to be quite an expense ...

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and premium options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

polluxoil

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polluxoil

I'm definitely contemplating picking this one up, even though I really shouldn't be spending more money on shirts at the moment. However, since Woot finally did an EC that I liked, well...I feel like I should show my support.

Oldknave

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Oldknave

Am I the only one that is reminded of Gru stealing the moon in despicable me?

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote

Selene be gone

ivanivanovich

quality posts: 24 Private Messages ivanivanovich

What's the animal with Moon Thief?

-- Ed

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis

Half of me was hoping this wouldn't get printed because I knew I'd be tempted to buy it. The other half was hoping it would get printed with glow in the dark ink, in which case, I would've HAD to buy it.

I do love the design as it is, but I need to ponder whether my wardrobe can support yet another navy blue T-shirt...

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

choeckma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages choeckma
zekecatz wrote:Was this inspired by George Bailey in It's a Wonderful Life?

"What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary."

Given the German title, I think this is based on the Grimm fairy tale, which is a cool creepy awesome story, and that I think is the best part about this shirt--it captures that same eerie and awesome vibe. Thanks for finally picking this, editors! My boyfriend and I have been waiting for this shirt for days!

paulmcgranite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paulmcgranite

Reminds me of one of the stories in The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss. Pretty sweet!

rasabi

quality posts: 45 Private Messages rasabi

Wow. I don't think this is going to sink in until the shirt magically appears on my torso.

Thank you everyone for your votes and comments and for liking this thing that I somehow made, and thanks to Woot for giving me my first print ever !

I don't think I've ever seen my monitor clock hit 4am nearly as many times before I joined these derby shenanigans. I look forward to many more such nights... hopefully with moon and tides still intact...

sleekhare

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sleekhare

Breathtaking.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

A+ pick woot staff

Congrats on the print Rasabi! Definitely one of my favorite designs of recent memory.

Narfcake

quality posts: 382 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

missmelis wrote:
I do love the design as it is, but I need to ponder whether my wardrobe can support yet another navy blue T-shirt...

Flip a coin. Heads, buy. Tails, buy.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and premium options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

jobezark

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jobezark

Fantastic design, though I would never wear it on a shirt. Bring it to me in poster form!

www.jobezark.com

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

Pretty sweet how the chains almost make a star shape. Was that intentional?

Think of best friends/ Think of strangers/ Think of lovers/ Think of foes/ Think of children/ Think of family/ Keep in mind that nothing stays

melmos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melmos

Am I the only one who sees a star inside of a circle...hmmmm

mousefinbutt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mousefinbutt

It's just not the same without the trio of wolves...

Seriously, this shirt is beautiful; beautiful enough to quell me from raging when I see another three wolf moon shirt.

choueiri

quality posts: 1 Private Messages choueiri

I was already a huge fan of Woot, but in this shirt description, you reference one of my favorite childhood Sesame Street songs. I even still remember it word-for-word, and would probably sing this to my possible future children.

Man I love you most of the time, Woot.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 281 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Awesome pick! It so nearly got there by itself with the votes, very pleased to see Woot give it the extra nudge.

Major congrats on your first print, rasabi!

Tokzic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Tokzic

This reminds me of a certain album cover.

terminatorgir

quality posts: 9 Private Messages terminatorgir

the album cover is a bit of a stretch, since that album cover looks a lot like the painting in 'It's a Wonderful Life'. This is original and I really love the design. I was on the fence about buying but then decided, good art deserved to be praised, and in this case, praised with 10 bucks. Hopefully we see some more amazing designs like this. I don't mind supporting good art.

bathyscaphist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bathyscaphist

When I first saw this up I was bitterly disappointed it didn't get chosen. Now it's here! And it's on blue??! Why?!!?!?

Doesn't shirt.woot believe in black?

I'm having a shirt.pout