PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

Spiritgreen, I just spent ten minutes looking at your design again taking in all the well thought out ideas and design flourishes. Looks like you put your whole 'art and soul' into this one. Congrats on the well-deserved 1st place!

loge18

quality posts: 7 Private Messages loge18

This shirt is spooky good.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 206 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Well shucks, thanks PixelPants. There -are- a lot of details. :D

It's really cool how Woot is adding more close-up images when you click the shirt. If anyone wants to see the whole thing big in one image then here it is.

indycat7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages indycat7

Last wooter to woot: indycat7

Thrilled to see this one win!

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129

Well deserved win, beautiful design.

CandaceO

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CandaceO

I love the name of the color, too. Who else said it out loud when they saw it? C'mon, fess up!

Oh, how I wish shirt.woot offered long-sleeved tees. I'd end up with a sweatshirt over this one, and what's the point of that? Ditto for the winter- and Christmas-themed designs. *Sigh.*

ThirstyFly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ThirstyFly

I have absolutely never seen anything more adorable or clever. Congrats!

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02

Congrats on the print! my first Halloween shirt of the year!

Ryfiel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ryfiel

What's the difference between slate and asphalt shirt colors?

I ask because I have a moratorium on buying asphalt shirts.

remzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages remzer

Welcome to the Home by the Sea... I'm sure Phil Collins would approve of this.

Brilliant design, Spiritgreen!

Cerrida

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Cerrida
fantastnico wrote:It appears to me those cute little ghosts are putting up the cobwebs and tearing the wallpaper.

And I'm pretty sure they're putting weedkiller on the roses and setting the bats loose! So cute. In for one!

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

Didn't think I would like anythng from this derby, but this is an awesome design. Great job!

KristinaSunshine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KristinaSunshine

love love love this
i also purchased one for my mom :O) its totally going to make this halloween extra amazing for her
ahhh i love it

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis

Huzzah for Spiritgreen!!

I had a feeling this might win... a sixth sense, if you will. It would have been a grave disappointment to me if it hadn't printed. I really felt it captured the spirit of this week's derby. (I was really hoping for glow-in-the-dark ink, but I guess that idea didn't have a ghost of a chance.)

Here's hoping this shirt will haunt the reckoning for a while, but who knows? People's tastes are so cryptic sometimes.

... I wonder if they have an ecto-plasma tv in that house?

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

Alas, poor shirt.woot. I knew it well...

missmelis

Ryfiel wrote:What's the difference between slate and asphalt shirt colors?

I ask because I have a moratorium on buying asphalt shirts.

I think asphalt is a few shades darker; slate is sort of a mid-tone between asphalt and the lighter silver color. If you take a look at the Reckoning page, The Three Classical States of Matter (currently #8 on the list) is on slate, and Nevermore (currently #9) is on asphalt. Since they're next to each other on the list right now, it's an easy way to compare.

I should probably institute a moratorium on buying any grey shirts whatsoever. Today's design is my fourth shirt.woot purchase, and all four shirts have been various shades of grey. (I also own something like 11 grey sweaters. My wardrobe is pretty colorful in general, but I just can't resist grey for some reason!)

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
CandaceO wrote:Oh, how I wish shirt.woot offered long-sleeved tees. I'd end up with a sweatshirt over this one, and what's the point of that? Ditto for the winter- and Christmas-themed designs. *Sigh.*

Protip: Layers

It's all the rage amongst theoretical physicists

move along

ghostofdavid

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ghostofdavid

If it doesn't glow in the dark, you can always sew nuclear fuel rods to the inside of the shirt. Warning: Do not swim with the rods as you may not float. Happy to help!

Suck it, Trebek.

vmforrest

quality posts: 8 Private Messages vmforrest

SO happy to see this one win! YAY! In for two!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

This is quite possibly SpiritGreen's greatest shirt design ever here. I had to get one for myself and one for my son for halloween.

Great job SpiritGreen!

If this doesn't sell out by noon, I will be shocked.

quentess

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quentess

Congrats Spiritgreen~ Love this and happy you won.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

This is amazing! congrats Spiritgreen

tiger03kal

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tiger03kal

I so wish this had glow-in-the-dark ink, but the shirt is still booooooooootiful!

sleekhare

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sleekhare

I have not stopped grinning since I've seen this derby win. Adorable. Amazing job again, Spiritgreen!

Morgodth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Morgodth

The shirt's nice and all. It's just...I may be in the minority, but I can't stand the "cute" Halloween.

missmissa07

quality posts: 12 Private Messages missmissa07
j5 wrote:Protip: Layers

Sheldon with a beard-it gets me every time!

I'm quite looking forward to wearing this shirt to work on Halloween! Considering buying one for my mom as well, since Halloween is her favorite holiday.

lydzz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lydzz

I wonder if I can convince my boys' school that it's not a pipe, but a bubble blower?

yellowflower

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yellowflower

Yay, I'm glad someone else posted this too, because I was totally going to recommend long-sleeved thermals under the t-shirts. I do this pretty much all fall and winter, so that I never have a reason to stop buying t-shirts.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Yeah!!!!!! Congrats, Spirit! This was my favorite in the whole derby. Im so happy to see you nab another 1st with this guy. :D Got my order in, and I will be wearing this a lot in October :D.

Also....you know who it's time for....

Mr. Jiggles always jiggles for Spirit prints. ^_~

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Yyyyyyyup. Still only September.

lauralee414

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lauralee414

A shirt I can wear to work on Halloween =cool.
A shirt that makes fun of housework = neat.
A shirt that has both = AWESOME!

Shirt Woots: 2/24/14 Random 2-pack Deallocated & 1985:Year of the Plumber, 1/10/14 Nickname that State 2/21/12 The Binge 1/17/12 Shhhhhh 11/18/11 Marsupial in my pocket 9/16/11 Haunted Housework 8/26/11 Do Not Pass Go 11/30/10 Evil-o-meter 4/14/09 Navy Seals 8/8/2008 Buffalo Sunset 8/4/2008 Midnight Rider 6/8/2008 Youbetchucan! 5/31/2008 When life gives you lemons 2/18/2008 The Stuffed Dragon 1/24/2008 CMYK of the Dead 1/23/2008 NEEEyowm

grldollies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grldollies

Boo A Winner, had to buy this one!
The huge moon sets up the the whole image perfectly. The busy body ghosties gave you a lot to look at & the doggie house is just spooky cool!

sidra

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sidra

Sheldon!

I'm also a big proponent of layering t-shirts, but I'm not quite as bold in my color choices as Sheldon. I tend to stick with black, white, and grey long sleeves. Maybe I need to expand into more colors for this particular shirt, though.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
SkekTek wrote:This is quite possibly SpiritGreen's greatest shirt design ever here. I had to get one for myself and one for my son for halloween.

Great job SpiritGreen!

If this doesn't sell out by noon, I will be shocked.

I don't even LIKE grey shirts**, and I love this one.

** they're not the most flattering shade on me to wear, basically

I'm just hanging out, really.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
sidra wrote:Sheldon!

I'm also a big proponent of layering t-shirts, but I'm not quite as bold in my color choices as Sheldon. I tend to stick with black, white, and grey long sleeves. Maybe I need to expand into more colors for this particular shirt, though.

I'm pretty sure every color you want would go with this shirt without conflict.

I'm just hanging out, really.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
sidra wrote:Sheldon!

Just don't "Wolowitz", and you'll be fine.

move along

domurat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages domurat

how do you get to the 3rd floor and the attic? no stairs or doors!

teafie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teafie

I loved Cuteness Overflow so much, any of your shirts are a must-buy for me. So glad you won 1st!

missmelis

skatimmy737 wrote:Yyyyyyyup. Still only September.

Yeah, but it'll take at least two weeks for most of us to get the shirt via Smartpost, and by that time it'll be October!

(Trust me, I hate the idea of Sept. 1st as the beginning of Halloween season as much as, probably more than, the next gal... working retail tends to have that effect.)

lokomi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lokomi

Purrrrrrrrrrfect!
Bought it, waiting for it by the mailbox,gonna love it!!!!!!

THX spiritgreen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(;
nice job!

missmissa07

quality posts: 12 Private Messages missmissa07
domurat wrote:how do you get to the 3rd floor and the attic? no stairs or doors!

They are ghosts-its not a concern for them. They just float through the floors!