spring52

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spring52
Re: HipCat - Tribute2Banksy

It's a tribute to Banksy people ....
when you are asked to vote ......
you should probably OBEY!

Love the gritty greasy scuzziness of the rat, the used stencil underfoot, the color choice of tomato red for the hoodie .... EVERYTHING!

This design would pop on a wide range of shirt colors ... I absolutely love it.

Fine work Collin ... GMV

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Oh Well

He was an emo (and a hipster) before anyone knew what it was...

collinvh

quality posts: 63 Private Messages collinvh
spring52 wrote:
you should probably OBEY!

Thanks for the great comment and I love your reference!

joelongbow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joelongbow
Re: Eight Arms Are Superior

They really are...

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Oxyminoan wrote:Great design. Completely wearable. Hope this prints.

Thanks so much, everyone

reganrabbit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reganrabbit
Re: Oh Well

gah, you beat me to it! May still do mine since I'd started. Great idea!

megan1978

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megan1978
Re: Merino

Gorgeous AND hilarious, the best combo!

mburnsfast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mburnsfast
Re: big hipster

So let me guess, the parts that you didn't trace are the poorly drawn parts right?

joelongbow

rachelwhee wrote:Would it benefit me or is it acceptable to resubmit this with that change? Or should i just give up on it? xD

Its totally acceptable, people resub all the time and its still early in he derby. Is that on slate? Try silver maybe?

Don't give up, its great artwork, esp the ears

omarfeliciano

Re: Eight Arms Are Superior

Looks like Jamie form Mythbusters

joelongbow

Re: Prehipstoric

Great work - one of the original ideas I was going to do was a giraffe on a vespa/electric bike I'm glad that I didn't now.

buzatron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buzatron
Re: Actually I'm More Of A Mollusk

hipster snail is hip! ;)

omarfeliciano

Re: See No Hipster, Hear No Hipster, Speak No Hipster

I like the one with the bandana on his face

joelongbow

Re: Too Hip For The Mainstream

It's a good thing that I wasn't eating anything when I saw this...I laughed so hard.

joelongbow

omarfeliciano wrote:Looks like Jamie form Mythbusters

Lol! wow, you're totally right. Mythbusters are the awesome.

joelongbow

This is great!

I think, though, that the background and the shirt template need to be the same color?

DJTweekNYC

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJTweekNYC
Re: Too Hip for the Circus

I saw someone else in this derby do this and I thought "What a great idea!" and I wanted to drop a mockup of what this shirt would look like on in hopes of stirring up some more votes! I think this shirt looks pretty cool!

omegabender

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omegabender
joelongbow wrote:This is great!

I think, though, that the background and the shirt template need to be the same color?

Do they? I dunno I read in the sub info that it just has to be one of the pantone colors they provide in the template.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots

nabesmer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nabesmer
Re: Those wild and crazy hipsters

I might be aging myself here but this was every shirt I ever wanted to own as a kid....turns out my taste in clothing hasn't changed much in 20 years! lol! I want this shirt!!!

nabesmer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nabesmer
Re: The Right to Remain Awesome

I love the off center placement...how you made a giraffe hot I don't know. Love this piece!

ISO30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30
Re: Rebel v2

Wanted to try out some shading on this guy- I think it turned out better than the first version.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: Indie Turtle

That is a very pretty green, and you seem to use it a lot. That color is probably my favorite color. Sadly, it is not a pantone SC color which I why I never use it here. With that said, can you please start using pantone SC swatches in your preview images? You have been here long enough ( way longer than I have) to know that you should use pantone Solid Coated swatches. When you don't, it seems like you are intentional misleading the voters because the actual print will not look like this preview (and we all know how much your ethics are questioned here). It is really easy and quick to convert the colors, so feel free to speak up on the rare chance you don't know how and I will help you out. Thanks!

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51

really well done

photocel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages photocel
mburnsfast wrote:So let me guess, the parts that you didn't trace are the poorly drawn parts right?

have you seen his other work? be constructive, not insulting...

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
joelongbow wrote:This is great!

the problem is that the thumbnail and the actual shirt don't match (if you don't click through to see it's a silver shirt, you might think it's on olive - it's misleading).

omegabender

xazothia wrote:the problem is that the thumbnail and the actual shirt don't match (if you don't click through to see it's a silver shirt, you might think it's on olive - it's misleading).

I wanted it to be on olive, but unfortunately the dark brown disappears too much into it. It's fine for a background color, but not as a shirt, so I used it for presentation purposes because the silver background wasn't as snazzy.

chumpmagic

omegabender wrote:Do they? I dunno I read in the sub info that it just has to be one of the pantone colors they provide in the template.

yeah the background color and shirt color should be the same. Also, that gradient in the background might get you too since it makes it appear on a different color.

I really dig this guy though! Snails rule! Great work

chumpmagic

Re: Cool Blooded

Thanks you two! And that for the continued support nsomniotic; I am glad you like my little creations. Some day I hope to make little custom toys of some of them (not the characters in this image... in general). Thats next on the list as soon as I get a good chunk of spending money.

omegabender

chumpmagic wrote:yeah the background color and shirt color should be the same. Also, that gradient in the background might get you too since it makes it appear on a different color.

I really dig this guy though! Snails rule! Great work

Yeah it's my first sub here. I saw a couple others have a bit of a gradient/fade in their subs so I thought it was kosher.

Thanks too! :D

unionboggle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unionboggle
Re: Hot Jazz

My take on the 1940s hipster.

the short glossary "For Characters Who Don't Dig Jive Talk," published in 1944...defined them as "characters who like hot jazz."

"taste the beast"

omegabender

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets

Rejections are often not swift on the weekends... this will certainly be rejected. You should resubmit now so you are not starting over when that eventually happens.

Cool shirt. +1

Nothing follows.

cakeninjak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cakeninjak
Re: The Right to Remain Awesome

I hope it looks like he's munching my boob. It's full of empty calories. UGH I hate myself but I love myself.

cakeninjak

Re: No Thanks...

I wish I could adequately explain how relevant this is to my life.

chumpmagic

omegabender wrote:Yeah it's my first sub here. I saw a couple others have a bit of a gradient/fade in their subs so I thought it was kosher.

Thanks too! :D

Some have minor textures and stuff, but try not to have it directly behind the image. That should be 100% T-color. You want a great presentation, but don't try to go too fancy... save that for the design

Great first sub. Once you find a good layout system, it will become second nature.

cakeninjak

Re: So Meta

I can't possibly think of anything more perfect for this derby.

julejules

quality posts: 0 Private Messages julejules
dooomcat wrote:Hey Ramy,

I usually like the way you render stuff and your color choices are generally great but I often get disappointed by the line work... look at his feet for instance. It's an easy fix and I'd probably vote for this if you re-subbed it but as is it's really jarring (and the tiny nub thumb holding the cup doesn't work great either.)

Plus if you take out the sunglasses and just leave the frames that will silence the issue of hipster enough or not.

I draw a lot of mock carebears so this definitely speaks to me, I just wish you'd pushed the apathy a bit more.

It's interesting how a design can look nice and cute, then you read something like this and it ruins it. :D I didn't even notice the foot, now that's all I see.

rumblebadger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rumblebadger
Re: Hipster Deer Crossing

I dig, I dig.

PerpetualKid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PerpetualKid
Re: HipCat - Tribute2Banksy

Logged in solely to vote for this design and only this design. If it wins, I will buy it without hesitation. LOVE it. Great job!