okarin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages okarin

Great idea, i'd definitely buy one

phoenixaudubon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phoenixaudubon
ramyb wrote:saved or whatever

Looking at the replies, I would have to agree about the feet and the too-small thumb. But dangit if I wouldn't buy this shirt!

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
PixelPants wrote:So much to look at lucky. You really have packed in a lot of colour, texture and a clever collection of characters. Sorry for the alliteration, it suited the image.

Cheers Pixelpants!

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
chumpmagic wrote:Same story as last time... You don't use pantone solid coated swatches. I kindly ask you use a pantone solid coated swatches. Do it or don't do it. Your call. Just don't give me all these excuse. The only excuse that could have persuaded me was that you didn't know how to convert your colors to pantone, and even then I would have trouble believing you since you have been doing this for so long.

Since you didn't address anything I actually said, I'll just bring a couple of things to your attention.

ramyb wrote:...you should reach out a little more and try to "educate" some of the other artists out there who aren't using them as well...

Next week I can give pantones a shot again and see how it goes....

I think this is a fair compromise- If your intentions are to create an even playing field and help out the consumer, prove it. There are plenty of other entries to go after (in fact, sometimes you praise entries that don't use pantones rather than make a mention of the issue)- I can do my part and try using them for a few weeks and see how it goes, but if this is an actually important issue to you and not just targeting me, there is a lot that you can be doing. The fog is completely dominated by entries that are not pantone color selected (and I'm not just talking about mine and you know it)- and while it is fine to give the benefit of the doubt to new wooters, they are the ones that you should be especially targeting since they might not know better and it is a perfect opportunity to make a difference.

azumareiji

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azumareiji

This owl knows where to listen to some quality music, High Fidelity Owl lol

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
ramyb wrote:Since you didn't address anything I actually said, I'll just bring a couple of things to your attention.

I'll be honest, I didn't read most of it because I felt we already both made are cases and were about to go in circles.

Also, Which ones should I educate? Are they regular artist? Honestly, I spotted yours cause I love many of the bright colors you use ( I love working with a bright palette) and I know I can't use them here. I don't have the whole pantone SC palette memorized....

berona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages berona

I LOVE this!

lalouque

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lalouque
Re: Hipster Deer Crossing

Needs to be be-dazzled with one red rhinestone...

bjfrye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjfrye
missmelis wrote:As a hipster friend of mine might say,

ADORBS.

Thank you missmelis, much appreciated!

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis
Re: Before they sold out

Weee can haaardly stand the wait!
Please, hipsters, don't be late!

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

pacatak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pacatak

Whenever there's no shirt I want, i pick Ramby. Might as well try to counteract all the sour grapes. Been here for a while, love his shirts

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
j5 wrote:Oh! I guess it was Perry.
Sorry, to have played the Captain Obvious.

It (The capture/rejection by the Wootenshmirtzes) took a bit longer than I expected, but clearly they don't watch the show- Perry would never act the hipster. Perry is a dead on Mike Hammer; if ever there were a serious agent, it's Perry. I mainly liked the idea of him blowing on his coffee using the tooth-chattering that he does, so I feel like the design worked.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: The Apple Core

Spirit, you always bring your A-game. I am so impressed by the detail in this. Not to mention it hits the theme right on without using an obvious gimmick (the apple could be part of a parody, or just a really cool worm house). Absolutely lovely.

sarcasticsoap

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sarcasticsoap
Re: Indie Turtle

Argh, every Woot! shirt I've bought is green and this shirt is not helping me break the pattern. Damn your adorable designs and my weakness for them.

bluejester

quality posts: 558 Private Messages bluejester
dooomcat wrote:Hey Ramy,

I usually like the way you render stuff and your color choices are generally great but I often get disappointed by the line work... look at his feet for instance. It's an easy fix and I'd probably vote for this if you re-subbed it but as is it's really jarring (and the tiny nub thumb holding the cup doesn't work great either.)

Plus if you take out the sunglasses and just leave the frames that will silence the issue of hipster enough or not.

I draw a lot of mock carebears so this definitely speaks to me, I just wish you'd pushed the apathy a bit more.

I second the comment about the feet and glasses. I was considering voting for this, then I saw the foot, then it struck me how much this reminds me of old Mad magazine cartoons with a blind guy selling pencils. He needs glasses, not shades.

Close, but no cigar Ramyb. *golf clap*

jennellmason

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jennellmason
Re: Couldn't Care Less Bear

How do I vote? The rules say to click the "I Want One" button, but there is none. Well... I want one!! GMV

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: The Chase

Great expressions and a drawing style that suits your idea so well coffey bean. Cool colour scheme on the cranberry shirt too. Over-dependence on scarves as an accessory for a sub-culture with scarf preoccupation is not something you should excuse yourself for. +1

dinska

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dinska
Re: slow jam

The lack of motion lines only makes me marvel at how slow the sloth's arms must be moving. Love this one.

yellowflower

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yellowflower
dooomcat wrote:Hey Ramy,

I usually like the way you render stuff and your color choices are generally great but I often get disappointed by the line work... look at his feet for instance. It's an easy fix and I'd probably vote for this if you re-subbed it but as is it's really jarring (and the tiny nub thumb holding the cup doesn't work great either.)

Plus if you take out the sunglasses and just leave the frames that will silence the issue of hipster enough or not.

I draw a lot of mock carebears so this definitely speaks to me, I just wish you'd pushed the apathy a bit more.

I'm not a big fan of the feet either, but to be fair, that thumb is right on. All you have to do is a google image search for care bear and you can see that they are almost always drawn with tiny nub thumbs.

helgram

quality posts: 1 Private Messages helgram
Re: Ironic Bunny

Thanks, Walmazan... Your entries are always so full of character. Excellent! gmv.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

I like to think I'm an equal opportunity critic.
Therefore: *cough*

move along

ProfHotpants

quality posts: 49 Private Messages ProfHotpants

To be clear, we do not require artists to use the Pantone matching system. We prefer artists to use it if possible, because it does make communicating the colors easier. While your RGB monitor can display millions of colors, the Pantone system only has 1,341 colors to choose from. Limiting these color options means it is more likely that the final print looks like the original entry.

Do not get hung up on how Pantone colors display on screen, because they will vary from monitor to monitor. The PMS colors Photoshop picks out are not completely accurate either. The only option for true PMS matching is to buy a physical Pantone book and use it for one year (it's pricey and must be replaced annually).

If you want the colors of your final printed shirt to closely match the orignal entry, and you want to save a tiny bit of the art directors' sanity, Pantone colors are preferred.

rogerrogerroger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rogerrogerroger
Re: hipsterpotamus!

thanks friends!

and adder, extrathanks! i'm honored. hopefully i'll continue to stay true and disappoint the general voting public for many derbies to come haha..

helgram

quality posts: 1 Private Messages helgram

This is awesome! Love the expression on the cheetah's face, its the confident look of a man who tunes-up his Vespa.

phineus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phineus
burtonrider404 wrote:this shirt should be rejected. copyright kevin crimi

Yeah right, kevin crimi wishes this was his shirt

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

hahahaha! this is so good!!

jcflman

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jcflman

Awesome design.

Congrats on the HM for Dojo Chores too. It has a good chance of printing in the double take derby me thinks. :-)

productofdelirium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages productofdelirium
lilygrapetree wrote:http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4045275&PageIndex=3&ReplyCount=247

I agree plagiarism is bad but it's not something you should blacklist a person forever for. All the question is asking is whether you would buy the shirt or not and not whether you believe that the designer is a morally just individual. Also unless you only buy from organic and fair trade stores I'm sure you've bought things from people who have done far worse than plagiarizing.

productofdelirium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages productofdelirium
rjasonwebb wrote:be nice... it's my first time

I like the dinosaur but I think you needed more than just the cameras, like him wearing a Barney backpack or using an Ipad or walking into a Starbucks.

Jamessir

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jamessir
DianaSprinkle wrote:I always feel like it's sort of a stretch to put Scott Pilgrim into the hipster category because all of the main characters are actually poor losers with wage slave jobs. Maybe it's the fault of the movie for not really explaining that or for making it more about them being in a band or getting on with the plot. I don't know.

Where was I going with this. Oh, I really like Scott Pilgrim.

I think the fact that Scott shares a mattress with his pony roommate, thinks garlic bread is a full dinner and when they splurge they splurge on Pizza Pizza indicates their meager income level...lol.

I'm so easy a caveman could do me!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
bassanimation wrote:Awww this is so cute! This would be a huge hit here at the ACL festival in Austin. We are swimming in hipster-nesses right now, hahaha. Great character, Jadenkale!

Thanks for the comments, guys! I appreciate it! :D

prt19657

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prt19657
Re: The Apple Core

Oh, I just noticed you are also the one who designed the haunted house. Wow. No wonder I like this piece a lot. I'm a fan of the artworks with so much details. And this one is the only one I'm looking forward to buy this week. Hope you win.

BTW I made a Woot account just to buy the haunted house t-shirt. I came across this site by accident when they sold it on the first day, and I was like mannn I need to own that shirt. Although I don't wear gray shirts at all, but the design is too good to pass up.

marinacookie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marinacookie
yankeebird wrote:I see several problems with your design that will probably earn you a rejection. First, the shirt color you're using is not one offered by woot. Second, is that carrot supposed to be on the back of the shirt? Woot doesn't print front and back. Third, if that carrot is supposed to be on the shirt somewhere, there's no text. Fourth, if the carrot/text is supposed to be on the shirt, that looks like it puts you over woot's six color maximum, not to mention it looks like you're using some gradients. Fifth, your comp doesn't match your thumbnail. Your thumbnail makes it appear as if your shirt background is white, as well as the carrot that doesn't appear anywhere on the front of the shirt.

Yeah, i see they didn't list all of those, I suppose the rejector has more to do then sit and write long lists of how they screwed up XD

marinacookie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marinacookie
yankeebird wrote:I see several problems with your design that will probably earn you a rejection. First, the shirt color you're using is not one offered by woot. Second, is that carrot supposed to be on the back of the shirt? Woot doesn't print front and back. Third, if that carrot is supposed to be on the shirt somewhere, there's no text. Fourth, if the carrot/text is supposed to be on the shirt, that looks like it puts you over woot's six color maximum, not to mention it looks like you're using some gradients. Fifth, your comp doesn't match your thumbnail. Your thumbnail makes it appear as if your shirt background is white, as well as the carrot that doesn't appear anywhere on the front of the shirt.

Yeah, i see they didn't list all of those, I suppose the rejector has more to do then sit and write long lists of how they screwed up XD

Sheneron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sheneron

Conrad you still around brother?

wormsweater

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wormsweater

I would wear it!

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
ritaroobias wrote:This. Must. Print.

Thanks for all the great comments and support, everyone!

collinvh

quality posts: 61 Private Messages collinvh
danhoch wrote:Well my good man I believe you may have done it this time!

I wanted to reply and let you know I'm not getting my hopes up. Way too many great designs this week. Hopefully I can make a run at the end.

axphw1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages axphw1
Re: Im baaaaack

Hipster chameleon?

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
dragonVSninja wrote:I already have like 4 or 5 shirts with owls and 2 or 3 shirts with records, but even still, I just looked through every submission and this is the only one I would buy and wear. Very nice~!

Awww,shucks Thanks!