elizaleo06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elizaleo06
Re: You do realize that this is Funshine Bear and not Care Bear, right?Couldn't Care Less Bear

usopp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages usopp
Re: Hipster G

yay dooomcat! *votes*

gcora820

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gcora820

Collin, this is extraordinary! I have a lot of fun following the Woot derby each week & very much enjoy following you as an artist! You are so blessed with this God-given talent...thank you for sharing with us all! Good luck in the derby...hope to see you print ;)

legionfox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages legionfox
Re: Neighborhood thrift store

Looks great!

gcora820

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gcora820

So.fricken.cool.

nimbulus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nimbulus
smblion wrote:parody is immune

Parody (and satire) is covered under the "fair use" for copyright. Sometimes a court decides the parody isn't strong enough to distinguish itself from the original. I think perhaps Woot is trying to avoid litigation.

Fair use is generally a gray area that can be decided either way.

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
gamingguru05 wrote:I liked this a lot when I saw it in the pre-thread. I hope more people notice it. It's quite clever.

Thank you, gamingguru05!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
logicalcupcake wrote:He is so cute I just want to pick him up and cuddle him FOREVER.

Totally! This bunny is so darn cute, it's *almost* forgivable that he has a turtle bag!

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
Re: The Ironic Patriot

Thank you for the support, elmosuperman and missmellis!

coffeybean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeybean
jcflman wrote:Awesome design.

Congrats on the HM for Dojo Chores too. It has a good chance of printing in the double take derby me thinks. :-)

Thanks. I was pretty stoked. At least Dojo Chores will get another shot.

drewpac18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewpac18
Re: Gila Hipster

I know it's a bit late, but ever since the hipster derby was announced, the Gila Hipster has haunted my dreams. And, yes, that is a theremin. Hope you have fun with this one, because I did.

dmaz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dmaz
Re: big hipster

This is just delightful! +1

dmaz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dmaz
Re: slow jam

This shirt is actually creative and funny...unlike almost every shirt in the fog every week...why can't more stuff like this print??

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
Re: Im baaaaack

Please go away for twice as long as you were gone last time. Maybe even three times as long. Hell, even five times as long would be nice.

gardengnomes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gardengnomes
Re: So Meta

How do I vote for this beautiful creation? I made an account to do just that!

jacksorbetter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jacksorbetter

In the end, only the design remains. Just as it is with Banksy's work. Sometimes the "reward" is in the journey.
Beautiful work. Very deep thought. A beautiful tribute. GMV

SirUlrich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SirUlrich
Re: So Meta

IDK why I sported the cat... ... ...

Sir Ulrich

"There are times when silence is golden; other times, is it just plain yellow."
--Edwin Louis Cole

spencersbrown

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spencersbrown

This shirt is awesome! The artist has great taste and is very clever.

crazydoglady

quality posts: 4 Private Messages crazydoglady
ginmartinistirred wrote:Am I the only one who thinks it looks as if he has a hangover?

LOL - that's the look exactly!

spencerb23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spencerb23
spencersbrown wrote:This shirt is awesome! The artist has great taste and is very clever.

well that's a little embarrassing, my wife posted that as a joke to me but forgot to log out of my name being that its my design

smklung

quality posts: 9 Private Messages smklung
Re: Couldn't Care Less Bear

After reading several comments about the bear's feet looking crappy I looked at the design again and now I cannot un-see those feet. They are so disproportionate and uneven with each other. It kinda ruins the whole thing for me, cuz now my eyes will go straight to the feet whenever i look at the shirt.

lonelypond

quality posts: 464 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: The Ironic Patriot

very different, very cool

Need a New Year's Resolution? Resolve to read In The Bleak December ; )

crazydoglady

quality posts: 4 Private Messages crazydoglady
dooomcat wrote:Hey Ramy,

I usually like the way you render stuff and your color choices are generally great but I often get disappointed by the line work... look at his feet for instance. It's an easy fix and I'd probably vote for this if you re-subbed it but as is it's really jarring (and the tiny nub thumb holding the cup doesn't work great either.)

Plus if you take out the sunglasses and just leave the frames that will silence the issue of hipster enough or not.

I draw a lot of mock carebears so this definitely speaks to me, I just wish you'd pushed the apathy a bit more.

I agree... I think this is another of your designs that could have been brilliant but is just so-so because of the lackluster execution. Facial expression, anatomy, little details... the concept is hilarious, but because of the weak execution it looses a lot of its impact. It kind of reminds me of "At the Dog Park" - that was such an amazing concept and if you'd been able to capture the personality of the cartoon dogs it would have easily won. You are really good, Ramy, but the art? Not so much. The leg on Red Revenge, the arm on Substitute Teacher - surely you know someone who could "proof-read" your stuff before you submit? Or someone who would be willing to add finishing touches to your stuff for the honor of being named as your colaborator and a small piece of the action?

ruthjhodsoll

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ruthjhodsoll

like so many other knitters... totally inspired to make the hat! Haven't anticipated derby results this much ever before!

preistess875

quality posts: 0 Private Messages preistess875
yankeebird wrote:I see several problems with your design that will probably earn you a rejection. First, the shirt color you're using is not one offered by woot. Second, is that carrot supposed to be on the back of the shirt? Woot doesn't print front and back. Third, if that carrot is supposed to be on the shirt somewhere, there's no text. Fourth, if the carrot/text is supposed to be on the shirt, that looks like it puts you over woot's six color maximum, not to mention it looks like you're using some gradients. Fifth, your comp doesn't match your thumbnail. Your thumbnail makes it appear as if your shirt background is white, as well as the carrot that doesn't appear anywhere on the front of the shirt.

Woot did print front and back for The Cheese is a Liederkranz though - unless there was a special circumstance that I know nothing about.

bennydougs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bennydougs
Re: Disadvintaged

awesome style!

bennydougs

Re: The Chase

love the characters!

bennydougs

Re: Before they sold out

great stuff!

fossilgirl1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fossilgirl1
Re: Fly Buck

Sorry, but I can't tell what this is. It's so small.

bennydougs

Re: Ironic Bunny

always love your style!

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
preistess875 wrote:Woot did print front and back for The Cheese is a Liederkranz though - unless there was a special circumstance that I know nothing about.

Cheese was a daily, not a Derby print. Although Woot will occasionally offer things like back or side prints, metallic or glow-in-the-dark inks, etc., they're not included in the "tool-box" for Derby entries.

kevincrimi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevincrimi

wait....what?

Check out my Derby Shirt!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Who cares what I thought I saw...

Sufferin' succotash paninis!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
preistess875 wrote:Woot did print front and back for The Cheese is a Liederkranz though - unless there was a special circumstance that I know nothing about.

Woot doesn't do front/back prints for derby entries. you have to choose one or the other.

Zenverse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zenverse
Re: The Right to Remain Awesome

Very cool! :D

gotgraced

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gotgraced
Re: Hungry, Hungry Hipsters

With the knitting, cupcake and mustache you nailed the Etsy hipster lol
Love it - GMV

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
ruthjhodsoll wrote:like so many other knitters... totally inspired to make the hat! Haven't anticipated derby results this much ever before!

I will love to see the hat real! please send me pics when you finish it

mattryan

quality posts: 42 Private Messages mattryan
Re: Before the ice age

LOVE the anchor tattoo HAH

Exohdus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Exohdus
Pheline wrote:er, it's a dog, but not a husky. The ear set is wrong, the flews are wrong, the muzzle isn't right. I'm sad because I love my Northern Breeds and would love a Sibe shirt for my son.

what this person said, and I was so hoping somebody would do a spitz type design.

kharp26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kharp26
Re: Hipsteraffe

Love this!! As a giraffe zookeeper I particularly love the ear tag, they really are ironic with them!! I know a bunch of keepers that would wear this!