midga59

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midga59
Re: Trying to Stand Out

Wow. I /really/ like this character design. Nice job with this one! You absolutely should use her beyond this shirt.

JenXer74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JenXer74
kharp26 wrote:Love this!! As a giraffe zookeeper I particularly love the ear tag, they really are ironic with them!! I know a bunch of keepers that would wear this!

Get 'em to log in and vote for it, would ya? ;D

akd85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akd85
Re: Indie Turtle

Looks like another turtle shirt is coming our way...

See, the care bear shirt is clever. I don't mind that. This? Stop with the turtles already.

WOOTZing

kuraifuyu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kuraifuyu
Re: The Right to Remain Awesome

Damn BootsBoots this is kick ass! THIS is hipster, from the eye wear to the scarf. If this guy was a camel all he would need is a cigarette.

Great work. You captured the derby SO well!

kuraifuyu

Re: HipCat - Tribute2Banksy

NICE! I love Banksy's work! This is a great tribute. If Banksy's face wasn't blurred I'm sure you would see a big smile on it from seeing this shirt!

Great job.

akd85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akd85
Re: The Right to Remain Awesome

This is the best design. Matches the theme perfectly. Good art too. Love it.

WOOTZing

kuraifuyu

Re: The Chase

Nice work! I love this shirt! Even the face n the cat is saying "ciao"

gryphoncat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gryphoncat
Re: The Chase

This... is GENIUS. *vote*!

~G'Cat

kuraifuyu

Re: Indie Turtle

Leaves a little to be desired. If you didn't say what the derby was it would just look like a preppy nerdy turtle at first glance.

It's missing about 50 different accessories and accents, like someone ran in to a dollar store wearing hot glue lol

kuraifuyu

Re: Ironic Bunny

This is a good image of a hipster. Not too bare, like ramyb's two entries, but not too over done. Just right. The exact definition of a hipster.

Well done.

algaliarept1829

quality posts: 0 Private Messages algaliarept1829
Re: Lion Was A Hipster

As much as I like lions, this will probably be rejected as it's dangerously close to this shirt. http://www.threadless.com/product/765/Lions_Are_Smarter_Than_I_Am

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
JadenKale wrote:I've seen that cat before. I just can't place where. And by "seen it before" I'm unsure if it was dressed as such or if it's just the face I remember.

Seconded. And I'm pretty sure it included the hat.

kuraifuyu

Re: Trying to Stand Out

I love this shirt. It has a blasé feel to it. Like a high fashion hipster. Nice touch with the open back too.

Well done <3

kuraifuyu

I can't stop looking at this shirt! I want so much for this shirt to win!!!

kuraifuyu

Re: Raccoon Hipster I Make My Own Hat

This is very cute. Lol

I love all your work. <3

reganrabbit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reganrabbit
cobaltgrl wrote:I agree - I love the characters, but the background is distracting and ruins it.

The background was supposed to be just stylized mountains... maybe should have done trees instead. It was late. Good to know people could like the main part of a design a lot but hate the secondary part THIS much. Will tuck that away for future derbies...

reganrabbit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reganrabbit
Re: Listening to Who?

soul crushingly good! Got the seasonal feel, the eclectic thing, it's cute... *a single tear slides down my cheek* Bravo... gmv

JuicyDJ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JuicyDJ
Spiritgreen wrote:Sufferin' succotash paninis!

I so want this!

bluetuba

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba
gardengnomes wrote:How do I vote for this beautiful creation? I made an account to do just that!

You must make at least 1 purchase from any Woot! site before you get to vote. Then you can vote forever even if you never buy anything again.

If you like tee shirts the easiest way is to hit the Reckoning link at the top of the page and pick up one of the top 27 shirts currently on sale.

julejules

quality posts: 0 Private Messages julejules
chumpmagic wrote:Obviously we don't see eye to eye, so lets just keep this simple...

You have admitted that you don't use Pantone Solid Coated colors. I am requesting that you used Pantone Solid Coated Swatches since those are the colors used for printing. Do it or don't do it...

Lets just leave it at that.

ramyb wrote:
...you should reach out a little more and try to "educate" some of the other artists out there who aren't using them as well...

Next week I can give pantones a shot again and see how it goes....

I thought it was nice of Ramy to agree and use pantones when you requested it, even though it's not required. Instead of asking artists to use pantones, maybe you could contact woot directly. If they made it a rule then there wouldn't be an issue. Everyone would be using them and no one would be singled out.

Sheneron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sheneron
yankeebird wrote:Please go away for twice as long as you were gone last time. Maybe even three times as long. Hell, even five times as long would be nice.

I won't go away until I make contact with Conrads again and/or win a derby. Now give me your vote otherwise doors thataway ---->

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Go With The Fro

I really like this bird :-)

helgram

quality posts: 1 Private Messages helgram
Re: Hipster Nation: DIY or DIE!

This is cool! +1

helgram

Thank-you walmazan! and thanks for the advice DJTweekNYC :D

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Midnight Concert

Nice work MJ! I like your textures.

helgram

Re: Hipster Pom

so smug! :D

helgram

Re: Hydrant Hipster

super! and I have seen this happen... +1

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01

My niece falled in love with this one amigo , hope gets printed! , love the colors , +1

helgram

Re: Ironic Duck Bill

I love the texture on that duckbill! :D

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

I love it so much! great work mate!

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote
Re: Honey Steam Punk Bee

In a hipster Derby????????????????????

spazzysoph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spazzysoph

LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE!! its so cute i won't be able to resist if it prints :D i sort of consider my self a hipster, but really only because i listen to hipster music and dress like them. I'm not as stuck up ;P

And of course hes carrying around loads of indie CDs that he bought from the local record store in the turtle satchel right?!?!

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
spazzysoph wrote:And of course hes carrying around loads of indie CDs that he bought from the local record store in the turtle satchel right?!?!

Right!!!!

squarerootofpi

quality posts: 8 Private Messages squarerootofpi
Re: The Apple Core

This shirt needs to get into the fog, ASAP, because I need to purchase this on Friday.

I love everything about this. the colour, the shading, the details. Once again, Spirit, you have done a brilliant job.

If this doesn't get printed, I will be severely disappointed in the Wooters.

elviswind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elviswind

I don't think "Couldn't Care Less" is very hipster . . . a hipster would be more "Completely Obsessed About Something That I Couldn't Care Less About" like riding fixed gear bicycles or some band no one's ever heard because they've only played at that bar that no one's ever been to.

This is more like an average apathetic teenager.

bennydougs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bennydougs

nice concept!

bennydougs

Re: Prehipstoric

really funny!

bennydougs

Re: Too Hip for the Circus

love the style here! nice work.

bennydougs

Re: Merino

probably the best illustration in the derby. awesome work.

bennydougs

Re: The Apple Core

really great. not sure if you meant to reflect the apple logo, but it makes perfect sense!