russchott

quality posts: 1 Private Messages russchott

thepetridish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thepetridish
spazzysoph wrote:Reminds me of that episode of Adventure Time when those party bears were in the Monsters tummy

All the chatter about how this bear looks blind makes me wonder if Woot! would be willing to do a derby around blind characters. I would love for that to happen.

annaka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annaka

Hope this prints! My 2-yr old is fascinated with hippos. She'd love this shirt and would sport it proudly at daycare amongst the pre-hipster set.

zwartepaard

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zwartepaard
crazydoglady wrote: surely you know someone who could "proof-read" your stuff before you submit? Or someone who would be willing to add finishing touches to your stuff for the honor of being named as your colaborator and a small piece of the action?

I see what you did there. ;)

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: The Apple Core

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • Wait, I'm wrong -- should've done better than this; please, I'll be strong -- I'm finding it hard to resist.

thatrobert

Re: Who cares what I thought I saw...

• This is not SPAM.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • Wait, I'm wrong -- should've done better than this; please, I'll be strong -- I'm finding it hard to resist.

thatrobert

Re: Disadvintaged

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: Merino

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: Cool Blooded

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: See you later Crocodile

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: hipsterpotamus!

• This is not SPAM.

helgram

quality posts: 1 Private Messages helgram

Thanks bennydougs, thatrobert!

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan
Re: Neighborhood thrift store

Even though this is the internet and anyone can say anything and claim it's the truth, I'm gonna ask this question anyway. Is this a RamyB entry or a collaboration? Because everything about this is a dead ringer for his style, both the way he draws and colors.

For example, the raccoon's ears are the exact same spatially, stylistically and placement-wise as the cat ears in this recent entry. The coloring and highlight lines are the same as this. The general geometry of the linework looks exactly like his. The background is the exact type of backgrounds he frequently employs (see here and here). The highlights on the glasses frames. The little white motion lines.

It's been established that you and RamyB have a connection, but what's the deal here?

drewpac18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewpac18
thepetridish wrote:All the chatter about how this bear looks blind makes me wonder if Woot! would be willing to do a derby around blind characters. I would love for that to happen.

That's the only fair and just thing to do. I better start working on my braille themed designs.

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
elviswind wrote:Agreed . . . my shirt.woot buying has slowed considerable. There just isn't enough variety anymore. How many Facebook joke shirts have been printed in the last few months?

And how many frickin turtles and bunnies and kitties?

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Hey thanks for the BLA! And also the "FSJ" (Fake Steve Jobs?)

:^)

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming

berona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages berona

wait...so someone can do a rabbit standing in front of a banana but THIS gets rejected???

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Disadvintaged

thatrobert wrote:

Thanks ThatRobert. People with access to badge making machines should make one with the BestLoser badge on it and wear it for the day. A great way to feel extra special. Big thanks to MJ for the nomination too.

thatrobert

Spiritgreen wrote:Hey thanks for the BLA! And also the "FSJ" (Fake Steve Jobs?)

:^)

You caught it!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

elviswind wrote:Agreed . . . my shirt.woot buying has slowed considerable. There just isn't enough variety anymore. How many Facebook joke shirts have been printed in the last few months?

In the last three months (a little over 90 shirts) two shirts were about Facebook.

lyonscc wrote:And how many frickin turtles and bunnies and kitties?

In the last three months, three shirts featured kitties and one shirt had a bunny and turtle on it. So roughly 4 out of 90. Hope this helps.

I've been keeping a tagged database of our shirts, but Shirt.what is a great resource for looking into how often something comes up as a print.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus

Aside from the common banter that occurs on RamyB threads, I'd like to ask something.

Is this even hipster. Admittedly, I have no clue what hipster actually means, but this doesn't seem to match any of the other shirts and the irony in some of them.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

heysammyk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heysammyk
redheadchels wrote:for a pony fan?

sorry that makes no sense....i love it, let's leave it at that =)

Ha. Yeah, I didn't quite get the 'pony fan' thing either. But thanks, glad you like it!

Sheneron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sheneron
yankeebird wrote:Today's woot is just for you! A five-pack of solid-colored shirts, just $7.99 plus shipping. Go buy them.

http://www.woot.com/

Close but not quite. I considered it though. These shirts are American Apparel which is > than all other shirts. And for some reason, a blank shirt on the AA website costs ~20 dollars.

Thanks for the headsup though cause I did consider it.

joelongbow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joelongbow
purina wrote:Oh I want this! Octopi are so cool.

Hey thanks....They are indeed

Earlysong

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Earlysong
Re: No Thanks...

So I think the hippos are adorable, but I do not understand. Why marbles?

I love this website! ^^

reganrabbit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reganrabbit
Re: Cool Blooded

My veiled chameleon wants to know WHY this didn't get into the fog?! Very moody now... Oh well, great job anyhoo.

reganrabbit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reganrabbit

I wish this was in the fog, it's so great! I'm watching the mailbox for my haunted housework shirt, wish I could do the same for this one. Guess you have to crank out a comic now of Hipster Worm (I bet IKEA would pitch in...)

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
reganrabbit wrote:

My veiled chameleon wants to know WHY this didn't get into the fog?! Very moody now... Oh well, great job anyhoo.

oops.. double post.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
reganrabbit wrote:

Awesome pet!!! And thanks.

And thanks for the award Thatrobert. Always an honor

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Birds are the new Triangle
yellowflower wrote:I would vote more than once, if I could!

Glad you like it that much yellowflower!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

unipenguin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unipenguin

This is the best shirt I've seen yet. Wonderful concept, well presented!

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
pantone

I doubt more than .1% of the people buying these shirts have a properly calibrated monitor, or a bunch of pantone swabs. A lot people actually adjust their monitors to over-saturate colors because they like the way they look. The argument may be valid for woot printing it, but it is not misrepresenting the colors to voters.

Still single, can't imagine why.

D3lusional

quality posts: 2 Private Messages D3lusional
kylemittskus wrote:Aside from the common banter that occurs on RamyB threads, I'd like to ask something.

Is this even hipster. Admittedly, I have no clue what hipster actually means, but this doesn't seem to match any of the other shirts and the irony in some of them.

"Hipster" is so broadly (un)defined really practically any depiction of pop culture fits the bill. Also the hipster tag is applied so much at this point it's quite hipster to label things hipster.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
reganrabbit wrote:

Ohhhhhhhh preeeettyyyy *_*

ehutchins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ehutchins
lucky1988 wrote:Thanks for the support everyone! This is a revised design (from about 7 months ago) that I thought fit the theme very nicely. "Hipsters" adore retro fashion. I added a few revisions: trucker's hat, converse shoes, digital camera, cupcake and scarf, ect.

Is this a wuzzles reference?

lonelypond

quality posts: 424 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: The Right to Remain Awesome

*head nod to some impossibly cool riff*

lonelypond

Re: Ironic Bunny

cute + nice texturing

lonelypond