+ Add a Comment

coffeybean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeybean
Frankenstylin wrote:I Love this so much. those facial expressions!! and hands are classic. What's your website?

My site, which is a project with a friend, is Amity Ink but any other random stuff I do is usually just thrown up on my facebook page.

logicalcupcake

quality posts: 5 Private Messages logicalcupcake
Re: The Library of Appalachia

Oh, come on. This is not offensive -- it's humor. If someone posted a design that said, "Library of China: Come look at the one book the government hasn't banned yet," I would laugh. Because it's funny.

sundbe10

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sundbe10
Re: iWorship

If the gods had a facebook, it might be a little easier for mere mortals like us to please them

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

move along

laggyg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages laggyg
Re: Aussie Rules

In reference to woot not being sure what this is, I'm going to venture a guess for the hell of it...

I think it looks like a guy pooping out a shoe...or maybe pooping IN a shoe? Not sure, but that looks like a butt on the right side of the design for sure...

laggyg

Re: Vulcan, AB

Live long, and prosper. GMV =)

laggyg

Re: America Rocks

America, OMGOMGOMGPONIESOMG PONIES!! YEAH! We're gonna save the mother OMGOMGOMGPONIESOMG PONIES!!in day, yeah!

dabartle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dabartle
logicalcupcake wrote:Oh, come on. This is not offensive -- it's humor. If someone posted a design that said, "Library of China: Come look at the one book the government hasn't banned yet," I would laugh. Because it's funny.

What would you do when you want another book 20 minutes later?

laggyg

Re: Welcome to the jungle

We got fun 'n' games!

GNR FTW! GMV! =D haha

wheeliebobby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wheeliebobby

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
axphw1 wrote:Thank you?

Haha, I'm sorry, I wasn't being critical. I was laughing when I said it. Welcome to the derby, but you may want to review the rules.

dabartle

Re: 7 Rejected Wonders of the World

Some interesting ideas here but the design on a shirt is just ugly. Don't know why this has a lot of votes.

Pjakks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pjakks
Re: False Idol

This is great!

brerfunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brerfunk
laggyg wrote:In reference to woot not being sure what this is, I'm going to venture a guess for the hell of it...

I think it looks like a guy pooping out a shoe...or maybe pooping IN a shoe? Not sure, but that looks like a butt on the right side of the design for sure...

I think it's a reference to the Simpsons episode when Bart goes to Australia... That was the Aussie flag.

mspaint

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mspaint
Re: On Surf Boards We Stand

This actually has much more relevance than many of the other ones on there. It is Hawaii on his chest signifying where it would be displayed, and how they would see it relevant. I'm sorry that you can't see that.

laggyg

Re: Roswell Diner

This is cool for so many reasons! I love the colors, the layout, the 50's style, the raygun and burger-alien in particular...awesome work!

mspaint

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mspaint
brerfunk wrote:I think it's a reference to the Simpsons episode when Bart goes to Australia... That was the Aussie flag.

Brerfunk you are correct, I guess the holy woot gods are not fans of the Simpsons to understand the reference.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: One Sweet Landmark

Great linework and colouring collinvh. The ant characters give an effective sense of scale. In the words of Heimlich, 'And from way up here you all look like little ants.'

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: One Sweet Landmark

Very clever idea. I think this is a pretty smart take on this weeks theme.

PixelPants

Re: Vulcan, AB

I really like those 'Welcome to..' signs qetza and you've done a fine job on this one. It has a slightly Surrealist edge with the disembodied hand, like some of De Chirico's metaphysical landscapes.

dabartle

Re: 7 Rejected Wonders of the World

I don't really get the Bronze Gate Bridge. Neither gold or Bronze are a strong metal so if you are trying to say that the Golden Gate Bridge would last longer because its stronger if it was gold doesn't make sense. From your picture it looks like you are trying to say that a bronze bridge would carrode fast and fall down. However, bronze is very resistant to corrosion, especially to sea water. Many ships have bronze parts to prove this point.

PixelPants

Re: Moonument

Impressive concept and so well done with the illumination Naolito.

kevlar51

quality posts: 44 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: The Colossus of the Steel City

Showing Pittsburgh a little love

cdrewlow

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: Stay Classy

The Burgundy Tower, San Diego's tribute to it's finest anchorman.

mikolgaither

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikolgaither

sorry about the crap artwork, but i hope you can appreciate the design.

ruthjhodsoll

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ruthjhodsoll
Re: The Dark Side of Pyramids

While I'm not a Floyd fan per say, this is by far the best executed submission yet. I've been loathe to criticize given I've come up with nothing myself, but this week's submissions just aren't doing it for me. This one makes me wish I really was Pink at heart!

meepee

quality posts: 33 Private Messages meepee
Re: Welcome to the jungle

Really cute :D

qpalmer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qpalmer
Re: The Dark Side of Pyramids

I pray to god that this wins. I need ghis shirt.

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
laggyg wrote:In reference to woot not being sure what this is, I'm going to venture a guess for the hell of it...

i think it involves kicking.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
dabartle wrote:I don't really get the Bronze Gate Bridge. Neither gold or Bronze are a strong metal so if you are trying to say that the Golden Gate Bridge would last longer because its stronger if it was gold doesn't make sense. From your picture it looks like you are trying to say that a bronze bridge would carrode fast and fall down. However, bronze is very resistant to corrosion, especially to sea water. Many ships have bronze parts to prove this point.

The idea was less so about the metal itself and more so just the idea that gold is considered best and bronze is associated with third place- it is just an inferior bridge, so it didn't quite make the cut- the golden gate bridge itself is not made of solid gold, so there is no reason to assume this one is solid bronze either

Anyway, thanks for the kind words all I enjoyed coming up with all the different wonders for the design and am glad people are liking the result.

kidsweetnessness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kidsweetnessness
Re: The Croquet Colossus of East St Louis

Probably the most original shirt i've seen, I would buy this in a heartbeat. I hope it gets selected.

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
kidsweetnessness wrote:Probably the most original shirt i've seen, I would buy this in a heartbeat. I hope it gets selected.

Thanks!

spoonlikesshirts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spoonlikesshirts

Great Job! I want to wear this so bad!!

medbie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages medbie
fossilgirl1 wrote:I am offended. I am sure BootsBoots had no ill intent, especially since she is from the area but it will still bother me to see someone wearing it. I guess I am in the minority though on this so maybe I'm wrong.

I have to agree with you, in part because of fighting this exact type of slur all my life. I realize it's intended to be funny, but negative stereotyping just doesn't seem humorous to me.

jnorah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnorah
Re: Monument to a Ninja!!!

Well It has been a while. This Derby made me think a little more about what kind of monument i have not seen before and bam!!! Ninja Monument came to mind.

Enjoy
J

Je5ster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Je5ster
Re: Hello from Springfield

The Simpsons... really?
How original.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

type40geekwithsam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages type40geekwithsam
jnorah wrote:Well It has been a while. This Derby made me think a little more about what kind of monument i have not seen before and bam!!! Ninja Monument came to mind.

Enjoy
J

How can I see this monument? ;-D

kuhan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kuhan
Re: The Croquet Colossus of East St Louis

I don't know if East St. Louis is much of a "croquet" town, but you GMV

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Re: On Surf Boards We Stand

I knew I'd seen this here before ...

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=22098