collinvh

quality posts: 62 Private Messages collinvh
thatrobert wrote:

Thank you for the BLA ThatRobert. I was hoping this design would be a more popular with the Woot! crowd but sometimes landmarks just suck! Thanks again for the recognition.

collinvh

quality posts: 62 Private Messages collinvh
Re: The Other Lincoln Memorial

It's rather depressing to me seeing great artistic work like this outside of the fog. I hope you get a last minute push to the top you deserve it. Excellent work.

heyjoie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages heyjoie
Re: The Rainguard

I LOVE THIS. I'm moving to Seattle/Bellevue at the end of the year and therefore need this shirt to print. And I *will* be one of those obvious outsiders proudly using an umbrella.

Also, I like the rounded bottom; reminds me of a raindrop.

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
Re: The Great Snowman

This is hilarious! But I don't really like the shirt color.

sassatattoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sassatattoo
stingray69 wrote:A monument mashup. Nice!

Thankz bro!

zalameria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zalameria

is there a correlation between a clothespin and 'intercourse'???
am i missing it!

Re: The Giant Clothespin of Intercourse, PA

kaelynangelfoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaelynangelfoot
zalameria wrote:is there a correlation between a clothespin and 'intercourse'???
am i missing it!

I'm missing the joke also. Someone please clarify?

astrobat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages astrobat
Re: Hanging City of Babylon

Thanks, guys! I really appreciate the kind words and encouragement.

astrobat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages astrobat
Re: Roswell Diner

I really LOVE your shirt! It's very clever and creative. I hope it gets a chance to print someday. (Btw, the person wrapped around in the tentacle is a nice touch)

Naolito

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Naolito
Re: Moonument

Wow! thanks everyone for all the support and the super nice words, I didn't expect this one to receive so many votes :D

fossilgirl1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fossilgirl1
itlnstln wrote:Couch's GDP is almost entirely made up of potato production. Nickel and copper mining come in a close second but are highly influenced by the economic prosperity of the citizens of Couch. Obesity, apathy, and lethargy are common social ills that have plagued Couch for many years due, in part, to the natural splendor of the area and the easy-going nature of the citizenry. In addition, as entertainment technology has advanced, national productivity levels have decreased sharply in accordance.

Citation: ItlnStlnPedia, Vol. 42, 2011

You are hilarious. My first laugh of the day and the day's almost over.

jrosa1251

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrosa1251
cdrewlow wrote:I think this is great. If I ever open I Chinese restaurant, I want you to design it!

thank you.... I'll get started on the blueprints.

Dolemite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dolemite
kaelynangelfoot wrote:I'm missing the joke also. Someone please clarify?

It's the idea that they would build the most mundane monument in the history off mankind in a place called Intercourse. I suppose the joke is the disconnect, which, in a weird way, you got.

It's silly, I admit it.

WelcomeGhosts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WelcomeGhosts
rglee129 wrote:Phew! Finished. I've never not used outlines before, but I like the effect it had on the lucky cat statue. Anyways, I think this is a pretty cool design, but I'm a little delirious from staring at the screen, so who knows.

6 colors on light blue.

edit: I forgot to add that the seven statues are the seven lucky gods, and the red things in the front are Daruma dolls.

I will buy 5! I have written blog posts about Maneki Neko and Daruma:

www.totorosan.wordpress.com

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Vesieaupani
geekfactor12 wrote:Landmark my ass, this is clearly a watermark!

Objection!

/silliness

zwartepaard

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zwartepaard
Johndis5 wrote:Well, it's either that, or it's just a stupid joke.

This whole "controversy" is pretty amusing. If I may inject some logic here, The Appalachian Mountains cover a huge portion of the eastern side of the US. I think if the shirt was actually offensive to everybody in that region, there is no way it could garner the votes that it has.

For the most part, the people that seem to be offended by this are people that are offended on behalf of those poor downtrodden Appalachian folks.

As somebody who grew up in those mountains, and continues to live amongst them, I would like to ask that anybody who feels the need to defend us, or be offended for us, to save it. We aren't feeble or dumb and we actually have a great sense of humor as well as pride and we don't need all of you overly PC nitwits getting your feathers ruffled over a stupid shirt. You want to take up a cause, go feed some homeless people in your home town or adopt a highway. Put that energy into anything that isn't self righteous BS and self indulgent indignation.

+1

choumai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages choumai

really cute!! I want it!!!

palookaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages palookaboy
chicanerous13 wrote:Is this a subtle Party Down reference?

Party Down was actually referencing the same thing this is referencing.

susannamiller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages susannamiller
kaelynangelfoot wrote:I'm missing the joke also. Someone please clarify?

IO assumed it is because Intercourse PA is very near Amish country here people like to drive around and see the Amish clothes hanging on the clothes lines.

melfox86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages melfox86
solusumbra wrote:Actually, being diamond and all, I dont think the egyptians or whoever would have to worry too much about people trying to chip it, seeing as how that is virtually impossible without a diamond saw, and I cant get that at walmart.

Good point!

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5

Is this on black or navy? It looks black on the comp and thumb, but looks blue on the shirt mock-up.

agruden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages agruden

jimbobka

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jimbobka
shirlo wrote:I can't believe the Woot screeners didn't REJECT this one. If this had been about any ethnic group it would never have seen the light of day-- so why is it okay to say about people in a particular region of our country? This (fecal material) propagates a negative stereotype held by many ignorant and close-minded people --yes, some people think this is true, and some think it's comical rather than the despicable insult that it truly is.

I agree with this - replace "Appalachia" with any ethnicity you want and it would be rejected. I do not find this funny (or accurate).

squishymonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages squishymonkey
Re: Statue to the Curious Tale of Rabbits Tea and Hats

Yet another shirt I need...love it.

ariellindz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ariellindz

withremote

quality posts: 2 Private Messages withremote
Re: Green Fountains of Nowheresville

Off topic? Please explain this to me, this is the third time I've submitted something to a derby with it being rejected for one reason or another.

hodark

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hodark

Sure would like to wear this one. +1

superstargoddess

quality posts: 2 Private Messages superstargoddess
Re: The Library of Appalachia

Oh come on, some people on here need to lighten up. There are a lot more things out there to be offended by, this shirt is funny.

I am looking to buy "Life Choices", any size, send me a message!

So fuhqued up.

scottiedogfla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottiedogfla
Re: Cat Conquerors

Love this one. Very apropos.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
withremote wrote:Off topic? Please explain this to me, this is the third time I've submitted something to a derby with it being rejected for one reason or another.

I'm not the rejectionator, but I agree that your design is "off topic". I can see no discernable relation to the derby theme, New Landmarks, other than your title. If I saw someone walking down the street wearing your shirt, there's nothing about it that would make me think New Landmark.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
jimbobka wrote:I agree with this - replace "Appalachia" with any ethnicity you want and it would be rejected. I do not find this funny (or accurate).

I think the mid-west is boring.

Replacing mid-west with an ethnicity would make the above statement racist. I don't know why you would though, because the term "mid-west", like the word "Appalachia", is not an ethnicity to begin with.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Dolemite wrote:It's the idea that they would build the most mundane monument in the history off mankind in a place called Intercourse. I suppose the joke is the disconnect, which, in a weird way, you got.

It's silly, I admit it.

I still don't really get it. The clothespin is in Philly, but moving it west really doesn't make it a 'new' monument.
Oh, and the clothespin is doubly mundane, since there's one in Belgium, too.

paigeg

walmazan wrote:I glad you like it, I try to do this landmark with a very good taste ;P

>rimshot!< Nice job, Wences, and somewhat different from most of your entries - it didn't have the 'walmazan' look from the thumbnail. Less shading and texturing, I think.
Love and hate the joke. I'm a little ambivalent, since I really do not like the fact that Americans are so obese and rely so heavily on fast food chains and processed foods. I think the fact that this is so cute inhibits the social commentary a bit. That's just me, though. I do love your work, and this has my vote. Just not sure I could wear it. I hope I get a chance to decide this weekend!

paigeg

Re: The Other Lincoln Memorial

C'mon, Fog! I hope I get a chance at this shirt this weekend - I'd love explaining it to people.

paigeg

Re: Lucky Park

I had to chime back in because I keep clicking on this just to look at it. Aside from the fact that I appreciate Maneki Neko, Daruma and Seven Lucky Gods (and have a number of them at home), I also am just nuts over the look and feel. I could walk into my local Asian market and see similar art on a box of candy or noodles. It's vibrant and awesome!

paigeg

Johndis5 wrote:Is this on black or navy? It looks black on the comp and thumb, but looks blue on the shirt mock-up.

It's supposed to be on black. I see what you're saying - it may be 'overspray' from the illumination around the owls. I don't think the mock-up is actually blue.
BTW, gorgeous, Naolito! Just beautifully drawn and lit.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
bruiserbrew wrote:This shirt design is sweet Carl. Anchorman rules. Where do I buy mine

Thank you, sir. At first I was going to design a giant milk cartoon, but then I decided milk was a bad choice.

Dolemite

susannamiller wrote:IO assumed it is because Intercourse PA is very near Amish country here people like to drive around and see the Amish clothes hanging on the clothes lines.

Hey yeah! That's what I mean, what he said.

Dolemite

paigeg wrote:I still don't really get it. The clothespin is in Philly, but moving it west really doesn't make it a 'new' monument.
Oh, and the clothespin is doubly mundane, since there's one in Belgium, too.

But my clothespin is so much bigger!

itlnstln

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itlnstln
Re: The Library of Appalachia

I really enjoyed my last visit to the Library of Appalachia. Beautiful scenery. However, the live banjo "ambiance" muzak was a little distracting. Fortunately, the book only had pictures in it, so my visit was not unpleasant if somewhat brief.