Re: The Other Lincoln Memorial

Mwahaha. Loved that book.

bigedna

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bigedna
Re: Emerald Ring

Really like this design, Tobe.

coffeybean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeybean
blanked wrote:I thought it was supposed to be an elevator.

GMV

haha. nah. they couldn't find the funding. a bridge was easier on the tax payers' wallets.

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
Re: Land of the Fries

We're eating Primal these days so I NEED this. Great job, Wences!

bigedna

Re: Escher's Tower

Awesome.

bigedna

Re: The Croquet Colossus of East St Louis

Noice. Can't wait to wear this shirt.

tobefonseca

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tobefonseca
bigedna wrote:Really like this design, Tobe.

Thanks so much! :{D

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: The Library of Appalachia

Great job, Boots. Funny and on topic, in my opinion.

JenXer74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JenXer74
Re: Cat Conquerors

A wee bit of detail...

annkingwriter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annkingwriter
Spiritgreen wrote:Aw thanks! Fixed the spelling.

I have a hard enough time not refering to him as Johnny Psych. It's always easier when the name of the character and the show are the same. Like my favorite one, Bernie Notice.

Saw the pineapple and got psyched!
Bernie Notice ~ love it.

KingA

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
foghammer wrote:Decorative, purposeless architecture is the best kind of architecture in our opinion, so we're asking you to come up with new landmarks for the world to enjoy.

Additional requirement: No landmarks for fictional places.

How is this decorative, purposeless architecture? I grant that it's funny - but it isn't on theme in my opinion.

I took that phrase as a suggestion of examples. If there needs to be decorative purposeless architecture in the design, then all the designs that don't feature that should be rejected. There are a lot of them.

emeraldchickpea

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emeraldchickpea
Re: Everything happens in Vancouver

Don't forget Highlander! How about a dude or two with swords and lightshows?

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76
Re: Cat Conquerors

I wasn't going to vote for this till I saw the fish hanging off the pole, and then I had to.

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote

bakbam

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bakbam
Re: The Croquet Colossus of East St Louis

My family is from East St. Louis. They would ALL get this shirt for Christmas.

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote
fishbiscuit5 wrote:The shadow isn't an actual landmark you can go and see, as in a monument or some other piece of architecture, but it is something famous in Punxsutawney. The theme was to create a new landmark. I did. The shadow is the new landmark since it doesn't really exist as one.

If you had a giant groundhog statue outside of Punxsutawney casting a shadow over a groundhog hole with Phil peaking out, that might work. Since that appears to be Phil, whose shadow DOES EXIST some years, I think the Rejectionator is going to pounce.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
Re: 7 Rejected Wonders of the World

Just FYI... I'm not Muslim, but some may be grossly offended by "The Cube," which bears more than a passing resemblance to the Kaaba, Islam's most sacred site. I'd be very cautious of including it.

craquehaus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages craquehaus

Did you get tested yet?

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
grahamcrackercoyote wrote:If you had a giant groundhog statue outside of Punxsutawney casting a shadow over a groundhog hole with Phil peaking out, that might work. Since that appears to be Phil, whose shadow DOES EXIST some years, I think the Rejectionator is going to pounce.

I don't know what Phil looks like but I'm pretty sure this is definitely NOT Phil. ;)

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Roswell Diner

Cheers ressamac!

Awesome link GCC!

foghammer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages foghammer

This is very cute - but is it a landmark? Landmarks kind of imply permanence, don't they?

The bear on the right definitely isn't seeing this as a permanent structure.

foghammer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages foghammer
Re: Monument To The Retro-Future!

I just noticed the people at the base! Hah! Larger than life, indeed!

chickenfiend

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chickenfiend
citizencoyote wrote:Just FYI... I'm not Muslim, but some may be grossly offended by "The Cube," which bears more than a passing resemblance to the Kaaba, Islam's most sacred site. I'd be very cautious of including it.

I saw it as an alternate version of the Pyramids...you know, simple geometric shape made of bricks...but that's just me.

themeanspleen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages themeanspleen

Change the last guy to Hank Hill. Dont know who THATS suposed to be, but how in the world could you leave out Hank Hill?!

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Roswell Diner

This is awesome and I love so much the colors!

lucky1988

Re: Just a Mirage

Awesome! +1

lucky1988

Re: Forest Pyramids

Excellent work!

lucky1988

Re: Land of the Fries

Ha, fantastic! +1

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Home Land Security

hahaha! Better if I vote! +1

lucky1988

lucky1988

lucky1988

Re: Everything happens in Vancouver

Vancouver ftw! +1

themeanspleen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages themeanspleen

Incredible, just incredible. Too bad it's going to be screen printed, you're gonna lose ALL your detail!

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
Re: Just a Mirage

That is pretty cool but where is it going to be on a t-shirt?

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
citizencoyote wrote:Just FYI... I'm not Muslim, but some may be grossly offended by "The Cube," which bears more than a passing resemblance to the Kaaba, Islam's most sacred site. I'd be very cautious of including it.

I thought the same. If the intent was to make a different shape in place of the Pyramids, perhaps you could choose a different one (honestly, "The Rhombus" could be a decent idea...).

"Don't believe´╗┐ in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
Re: Home Land Security

I think this is an unfair entry... Chuck Norris never loses.

rachy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachy
ChaosDoctor07 wrote:I thought the same. If the intent was to make a different shape in place of the Pyramids, perhaps you could choose a different one (honestly, "The Rhombus" could be a decent idea...).

First, I think that the cube is fine because we know that Ramy is punning off the pyramids, not the Kaaba.

However, I will have to agree with you on one thing. "The Rhombus" would have totally kicked butt.

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake

Check your PM, Ramy!

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
ChaosDoctor07 wrote:I thought the same. If the intent was to make a different shape in place of the Pyramids, perhaps you could choose a different one (honestly, "The Rhombus" could be a decent idea...).

edits on the way Thanks for the idea

rachy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachy

I think Ramy is safe with "The Cube" just because we know he is punning the Pyramids but I think it is important to know that "The Kaaba" translates to "The Cube" in English. I think there may be an argument on both sides. I am def voting for this shirt. However, I do believe that this idea is so awesome and it's still early in the derby that Ramy may want to think about a resub with a different choice just to play it safe. I will definitely be voting for the resub too if there is one.