Dr. Portal in Wonderland? What?

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz

Is Alice sucking her fingers?

gideonfrost

quality posts: 33 Private Messages gideonfrost

I wonder why Neo isn't there. Perhaps because Bill and Ted are as well.

Mattroid

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Mattroid
gideonfrost wrote:I wonder why Neo isn't there. Perhaps because Bill and Ted are as well.

Beat me to it.

Guess I'll go with Marty, then.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

Awww, this is really cute. I really like the way all the characters are drawn and the textures that are used. Gah, I've bought too many shirts recently. Ponders.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

Okay, I could imagine Dr. Who and Alice in Wonderland somehow running into one another in time, but I never expected to see Bill & Ted rearing their '80s heads and leaning to the side to let in Chell portal on through!

Too many travelers in the time-space continuum!

All we really needed was Q here to complete the absurdity.

hikerjohnd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hikerjohnd

Who is Chelle? Assuming a Dr Who character but I've never watched show, so... Thanks!

jakjak08v2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jakjak08v2

It's at times like these that I always say, 'BWAAAAAHHHHHH'.

jakjak08v2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jakjak08v2
hikerjohnd wrote:Who is Chelle? Assuming a Dr Who character but I've never watched show, so... Thanks!

She's the main character in the video game Portal. Kind of a cultural icon for video games in general.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
zekecatz wrote:Is Alice sucking her fingers?

I think she's covering her mouth, shocked at the situation.

pirate_nami

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pirate_nami
hikerjohnd wrote:Who is Chelle? Assuming a Dr Who character but I've never watched show, so... Thanks!

Chell is the player character from the Portal game series.

bluetuba

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba

What was that about a goth sex symbol? Can't have too many of those, silly Woot.

SpritlE

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpritlE

Is it just me, or when you click on the image to enlarge it isn't showing the right design?

Edit: Nvm, they fixed it.

foxhat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages foxhat

That rabbit "hole" looks like some other kind of dark canal...
Love all the different characters though!

hikerjohnd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hikerjohnd
jakjak08v2 wrote:She's the main character in the video game Portal. Kind of a cultural icon for video games in general.

Cool - Thanks!

crazedbypenguins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazedbypenguins

It's actually spelled Chell, and she is the playable character in the game Portal.

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

I bet all the falling is Chell's fault. Undoubtedly they are falling over and over again from one portal to the next.

jshufro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jshufro

Wait, that's the candelabra and the clock from Beauty and The Beast, right?

allywebs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allywebs

if it was just alice and the doctor i would buy this shirt in a heartbeat.... the others........

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

Woah, just noticed the artist's bio actually makes sense for once. Of course, the San Diego Comic Con is a pretty big deal...

bluetuba

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba
zekecatz wrote:Is Alice sucking her fingers?

It looks like she ate her hand actually, she's been hanging out with the Hatter too much.

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 84 Private Messages Thirdbase9

Shouldn't they have taken a left turn at Albuquerque?

I don't know.

nanaki254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nanaki254

I would have thought Curious George would be on it, based on the title, but it's an awesome shirt nevertheless

melfox86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages melfox86

This shirt's a hard sell- you have to like all of the references.
For instance, I love fairy tales, casually enjoy Dr Who, adore portal, but hate stoner flicks.
The one reference loses a sell.

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer

Why do the male characters all look so happy while the female characters are upset/sad? Maybe because the men have infiltrated the fantasy land of the women with their time-travel devices? My inner feminist is raging at the injustice portrayed by this patriarchal shirt design. Down with the time-traveling chauvinist pigs!

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

I initially thought the clock and candles were from Beauty and the Beast, but is it actually linked to something more relevant? I'm usually not too good with media references.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

leoxygen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leoxygen

It's from Portal.

Moribund

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Moribund
Assassin15 wrote:I initially thought the clock and candles were from Beauty and the Beast, but is it actually linked to something more relevant? I'm usually not too good with media references.

I just figured they were part of the "Alice falling through the rabbit hole" setting, as it's usually depicted with books and candelabras and so on lining the walls of the tunnel.

appleman976

quality posts: 0 Private Messages appleman976

Since when does a portal gun propel you through time?

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

HAHA I thought the two guys on the phone booth were Doctors.

I should probably be flogged for that mistake...

Wyld Stallyns rule!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
spilzer wrote:Why do the male characters all look so happy while the female characters are upset/sad? Maybe because the men have infiltrated the fantasy land of the women with their time-travel devices? My inner feminist is raging at the injustice portrayed by this patriarchal shirt design. Down with the time-traveling chauvinist pigs!

Most men seem ok with large holes.

Am I going to get probated for saying that? :X

travisl

quality posts: 4 Private Messages travisl

Drat. My two t-shirt drawers are full, and now you offer this. Guess I'd better start drawer three.

justing6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justing6

Down in the pit there is.... Your parents! and an escape elevator! Aaand.... a boy band! That havn't seen a woman in ages! And, well, just jump in the pit.

-Justin G.

ocianne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ocianne
spilzer wrote:Why do the male characters all look so happy while the female characters are upset/sad? Maybe because the men have infiltrated the fantasy land of the women with their time-travel devices? My inner feminist is raging at the injustice portrayed by this patriarchal shirt design. Down with the time-traveling chauvinist pigs!

When considering the source material as a whole, the expressions for the characters are pretty accurate. The Doctor tends to grin at everything until the chips are down, and I'm at a loss to find a point where Bill and Ted treat anything seriously. Chelle, on the other hand, is rather grim in all of her source material, game and tie-in comic alike (she's in a dystopian future fighting for her life against a homicidal AI, so it's rather understandable - but maybe she'll be happy now, because she finally got some cake!). Alice on the shirt seems more shocked and bewildered than sad or upset, which also seems par for the course of the canon material, let alone facing the prospect of a bunch of interlopers. Of course, with how surreal Wonderland is, you can't blame the other travelers for wanting in on the bizarre fun.

seekingtruth86

quality posts: 2 Private Messages seekingtruth86

I suppose the bunny being The White Rabbit kinda fits, but I am more inclined to suspect the rabbit doll is Mimzy: the adorable mind-enhancing, time-traveling, DNA-collecting rabbit doll from the film "The Last Mimzy."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0768212/

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis
seekingtruth86 wrote:I suppose the bunny being The White Rabbit kinda fits, but I am more inclined to suspect the rabbit doll is Mimzy: the adorable mind-enhancing, time-traveling, DNA-collecting rabbit doll from the film "The Last Mimzy."

Whoa, is that what that movie is about? Maybe I should have listened to my former roommate when she told me I ought to watch it.

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

DawaLhamo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages DawaLhamo
melfox86 wrote:This shirt's a hard sell- you have to like all of the references.
For instance, I love fairy tales, casually enjoy Dr Who, adore portal, but hate stoner flicks.
The one reference loses a sell.

Yeah, pretty much. Got them all except the portal thing which flies over my head.

Ubie

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Ubie
seekingtruth86 wrote:I suppose the bunny being The White Rabbit kinda fits, but I am more inclined to suspect the rabbit doll is Mimzy: the adorable mind-enhancing, time-traveling, DNA-collecting rabbit doll from the film "The Last Mimzy."

...which is a reference to Through the Looking Glass. The original short story was called 'Mimsy Were the Borogroves', which is a line from 'The Jabberwocky'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mimsy_Were_the_Borogoves

http://www.arthursbookshelf.com/sci-fi/kuttner/mimsy%20were%20the%20borogoves.pdf