+ Add a Comment

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: Spotless

really nice

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
coffeybean wrote:one fun bit of info (hope this doesnt get me rejected) is that the hyenas are VERY subtly in the shape of the letters L-O-L.

First rule of skirting the derby rules club
Don't talk about skirting the derby rules

move along

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
mintstacker38 wrote:Thanks, now I can't un-see that.

aahahahahaha it's just a love nibble!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: The Heart of Africa

This is cool

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
Re: The Hunt

This is... I'm just... wow. If woot can print it at anything approaching its detail level, it will be an amazing shirt. Nicely done, regardless.

melfox86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages melfox86
Re: The Hunt

Interesting fact: notice how the pupil is circular, like a human's and not oval like a domestic cat's? Lions developed circular pupils because they hunt during the day, instead of the night.

SJulian1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SJulian1
Re: Balance

How is this a practical design for a shirt? It's way too small to see any of the detail. If someone were on the other side of a room, this shirt would look like a messed up circle with some blobs in it.

coffeybean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeybean
j5 wrote:First rule of skirting the derby rules club
Don't talk about skirting the derby rules

Yeah, I know, but it's so subtle that it's almost non existent. It's just more of a fun fact now.

cwendauthi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwendauthi
SJulian1 wrote:How is this a practical design for a shirt? It's way too small to see any of the detail. If someone were on the other side of a room, this shirt would look like a messed up circle with some blobs in it.

Boy, you must hate the shirts with phrases on them. From across the room they just look like solid shirts with scribbles on them.

cwendauthi

Love the design, but I'd never wear a shirt with a design that big. If it prints, I might get one for my mom though, since giraffes are her favorite animals.

cwendauthi

Re: S is for Safari

I can honestly say I was excited about this shirt until I saw that Cookie Monster was in it. =/

cwendauthi

Re: The Circle of Hunting

..wha...wha...what did you DO?!?!

cwendauthi

Re: Whack-A-Meerkat

Your style here is fantastic.

cwendauthi

Nekkochan wrote:Then again, maybe the fact that the elephant is stalking a hunting male lion

I feel like the elephant is more trying to figure out what the heck is going on---curious stalking more than prey stalking.

jrosa1251

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrosa1251

Surfin Safari now updated with Rhino....

VOTE (Come on and Safari with me!)

djauhay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djauhay
cwendauthi wrote:Love the design, but I'd never wear a shirt with a design that big. If it prints, I might get one for my mom though, since giraffes are her favorite animals.

I love how big it is! But, then again I am all about large designs.

ariellindz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ariellindz

Nifty, indeed.

emptyplatitudes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emptyplatitudes
chumpmagic wrote:Enjoy!

definitely reminds me of the lion, the witch and the wardrobe

emptyplatitudes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emptyplatitudes
coffeybean wrote:The origin story of Whack-A-Mole!

I just felt like doing something a little less cute. Needless to say it took a bit longer.

this is my favorite in the derby so far

jrosa1251

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrosa1251
Re: Surfin' Safari

the lines in the surfboard are solid and are the same yellow that you see in the sun.

glindasgal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glindasgal

I would like it better if it wasn't on a white shirt...you know...yellow armpit stains, but I also get why it makes more sense for the design.

I ADORE the concept, especially as a psychology major!

PerpetualKid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PerpetualKid
Re: The Circle of Hunting

Largest.Meerkat.EVER.

claranorth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages claranorth
Re: Spirit of the Lioness resub

Sort of playing off the idea that all animals have a spirit. Usually seen in Native American artwork and with wolves or buffalo.

glindasgal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glindasgal
Re: Pavlov's Safari

my inner psych major is squealing with happiness! Especially since we spent WAY too much time talking about Pavlov. I hope the guy with the bell is supposed to be him! :P

mightyrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightyrain
Re: African Ink

glindasgal wrote:I would like it better if it wasn't on a white shirt...you know...yellow armpit stains, but I also get why it makes more sense for the design.

I ADORE the concept, especially as a psychology major!

I considered calling it Rorschach on Safari lol

I thought about doing it on a tan shirt, but went with white, because the rorschach ink blots are always on white.

xazothia wrote:I like it!

THANK YOU!!!

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: Impressing the Ladies

I think this is the best paigeg shirt yet. Very nice!

z64dan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages z64dan
dylia wrote:It's cute & funny, but that isn't an African tradition. It's a south-east Asian one--specifically, the Karen people of Thailand/Burma. Africa isn't without its own rich history of body modification, but this just isn't one of them.

Sorry.

Also, i think the neck rings don't actually stretch the neck as much as lower the shoulders.

baadteddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baadteddy
Re: HA-HA-HA-Hyena

If this doesn't print at woot, could you somehow make it available elsewhere??

CityVelo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CityVelo
samsdad wrote:Is there any particular reason the lion only has three legs?

My first thought was to simplify the design... if the foot was drawn in front of the rear leg, it could look a little funny (sorta like uh, the lion has some genitalia). If the foot was drawn to the right of the other leg, it would look as though the lion were flying.

Whoosh! Super lion.

Sometimes eliminating a part on a character silhouette helps. After all, I think it's safe to say that we can still assume the lion has four limbs.

olay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages olay

awesome! I want one!

CityVelo

Re: Caged

Very well done. Good luck in the derby!

CityVelo

Re: S is for Safari

Hah! Well played, indeed. From the thumbnail, I didn't really get drawn into the submission. Then I saw you post on another person's thread and you had the elongated image linking back to this.

Then I thought to myself "Why would the Cookie Monster be... Ooooohhh!"

Good job. I always enjoy your entries and your humor. You have such a unique and successful style.

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine
wesmike wrote:Does anyone else see the head and upper body of a T-Rex just above the person?

I see it, now! That totally wasn't on purpose. Thank you, everyone, for the comments!

collinvh

quality posts: 62 Private Messages collinvh
Re: The Corners of Africa

Thank you for viewing, please vote.

logicalcupcake

quality posts: 5 Private Messages logicalcupcake
samsdad wrote:no one holds a book that way

I guess he'd have to, since lions have no opposable thumbs.

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine
coffeybean wrote:Tutorial you say?! I must go find this mythical creature known as a Walmazan turtorial.

Link to the tutorial here! It rocks.

Odysseyroc has several helpful ones, too.

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku
Re: Reverse Safari

Wow, those colors really work well on the olive shirt. It looks great.

drewpac18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewpac18
Re: Maybe Back Up A Little More...

This shirt is for everyone who works with and loves animals and to the kids in all of us. Enjoy, and if so, please vote!

melfox86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages melfox86
cwendauthi wrote:Love the design, but I'd never wear a shirt with a design that big. If it prints, I might get one for my mom though, since giraffes are her favorite animals.

I thought that too, until I got reading rocket ship. After seeing one on, I love big designs!

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku
Re: Lapwing sunset

Whooooa.