drewpac18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewpac18
Re: I'm Killin' It!

Here's a quick, little idea I had. It may be a little morbid, but there's got to be at least a little joy in a successful hunt. Enjoy!

emeybee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emeybee

Uh, sorry to tell you, but neck stretching is a Southeast Asian tradition, not African. It comes from the Karen ethnic group.

emeybee

dylia wrote:That's absolutely right. The running theory is that they got started as a way to defend against tiger attacks as well as a symbol of wealth.

Which should give you a clue as to the OP's mistake, as there are no tigers in Africa.

emeybee

dylia wrote:It's cute & funny, but that isn't an African tradition. It's a south-east Asian one--specifically, the Karen people of Thailand/Burma. Africa isn't without its own rich history of body modification, but this just isn't one of them.

Sorry.

Ohhkay, so I should read the whole thread before I inadvertently repeat what someone else already said. Sorry.

bigedna

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bigedna
Re: Double Bubble

That's hilarious. I love it.

viceaverse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages viceaverse

Man, I've only voted for and bought one shirt since I joined over a year ago, and now this derby suddenly has two shirts I would buy, "The Hunt" and this one. This would actually be religious for me, relating to the Lion of the tribe of Judah. Plus, I'm a leo, so double win. Stunning, GMV.

viceaverse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages viceaverse

sorry double post

gomorrahrealestateinsurance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gomorrahrealestateinsurance
zekecatz wrote:Why are the zebras smiling?

I don't think they realize that they are dinner. They are just having a fun time dancing.

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
jab991 wrote:I like the shirt, but is the name racist?

Nope.

It was named the "Dark Continent" by 19th Century Europeans because most of the map, itself, was "dark" (unexplored).

cindihoward

quality posts: 42 Private Messages cindihoward
lyonscc wrote:Not used to designing on black shirts, but I think this worked as intended...

Great design! We have missionaries who go to Africa and I think they would love this shirt! Ido!

MissouriMomma

cymricus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cymricus
SJulian1 wrote:I'm going to have to side with those who are saying they aren't the same design. Ramyb tends to reuse general ideas over and over and over again. So yes, both designs are spherical and located on the chest of the shirt. But that doesn't mean that he just rehashed the Aztec design and slapped on a new name. Ramyb just uses the same few formats because he isn't really that creative.

There are plenty of legitimate faults to many of his designs, people can't go out of their way to make up something to complain about. Because when that happens, then all the blind Ramyb supporters can point at all the complaints, even valid ones, and say that we're just trying to bash on Ramyb.

Your points are valid. I was thinking the same thing about this terrible artist that used the same tired technique throughout different points in his life. He clearly just took every painting, copied it, and then just changed a couple things about it 'til at some point he'd actually have a creative idea and switch it up a bit. I remember something about a blue period and cubism, but the guy's name escapes me. Pretty sure no one liked his art.

Do note, though, that personal taste dictates whether or not someone wants a subtle or intricately designed shirt with high color complement vs. a shirt that says "I LOOOOOOOVE PONIES" in bold, white, two-inch letters just so someone can read it. Your legitimate faults need to be objective for anyone to take you seriously.

Nice shirt. Keep up the good work.

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
Re: The Hunt

Amazing!

flemtone

quality posts: 6 Private Messages flemtone
Re: Photobomb

This is very well designed - I'd love to see this one go higher in the voting. GMV for sure. Well done!

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

A fart joke on Woot! Lol! Gave me my Monday morning smile.

paigeg

Re: Sunset Safari

The colors and the organic way the shapes are hidden make this an A++. And +1!

paigeg

Re: Impressing the Ladies

Thanks to all for the lovely comments. I learned a LOT on this one. First, that I draw cars better than people. Though the hubby disagreed when I told him it was a '66 Impala. Well, the reference photo was; maybe my drawing didn't do it justice.
Second, that my draw-and-scan then cleanup and color process wasn't working. This time I drew, re-drew the lines I wanted, scanned, then redrew in PS on a transparent layer over the scan. Lots of work, but I'm SO much happier with my lines.
Who knows? If I ever get time to learn to use a tablet, I might hit those triple-digits in votes!

coffeybean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeybean
missmelis wrote:Aaaawww... that poor li'l meerkat is so cute and oblivious!

haha...yep. that poor little guy. who knows, maybe he gets away.

djauhay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djauhay
Re: Spotless

must wear this shirt!!

nimbulus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nimbulus
CityVelo wrote:My first thought was to simplify the design... if the foot was drawn in front of the rear leg, it could look a little funny (sorta like uh, the lion has some genitalia). If the foot was drawn to the right of the other leg, it would look as though the lion were flying.

Whoosh! Super lion.

Sometimes eliminating a part on a character silhouette helps. After all, I think it's safe to say that we can still assume the lion has four limbs.

Maybe the lion's belly just hides the leg?

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Fly to Africa

One of my favorites this derby GMV!

omarfeliciano

Re: Safari Days...

I like this, but there is a rule for this derby that specifies "Animals you would see on an African safari only".

omarfeliciano

paigeg wrote: Lots of work, but I'm SO much happier with my lines.
Who knows? If I ever get time to learn to use a tablet, I might hit those triple-digits in votes!

That's the spirit! Don't stop, do it for yourself and if the votes come. that's a plus!

Jaiyla

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jaiyla
Re: Safari Outbreak

If this one doesn't win and you post it somewhere else, let me know!

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: Silly Lion Tribal Mask

thanks everyone! just a silly design put together for fun. Glad people like the back story as well.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: The Great Hunter

thanks everyone voting for our little collab.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: A Walk In The Park

This is how a real man goes on safari. I would proudly wear this shirt, Sir!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

omarfeliciano

Re: Main Attraction

This is a good example of great design and concept.

omarfeliciano

Re: A Walk In The Park

It reminds me of "The Most Interesting Man in the World" commercials. Good work!

omarfeliciano

Re: The Corners of Africa

Great use of the negative space.

mverc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mverc

So Funny, Love it. GMV

mverc

Re: Intimidated

Love the positioning and the characters. Great design. +1

bellisperennis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellisperennis
Re: Lilac Breasted Roller

Gorgeous!

mverc

Re: Werekat

Love it, just wish it was slightly smaller on the shirt... still GMV

mverc

Re: The Great Migration

This is really awesome, I'm suprised it's not doing better. GMV

mightyrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightyrain
Re: African Ink (slate)

elmosuperman wrote:This is wild, I dig it! +1

Thank you! Thought I would try something a little different.

coffeybean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeybean
Re: Serengeti

i like this more and more every time i look at it.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Lapwing sunset

Very strong illo, hot colors, GMV. :^)

sleekhare

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sleekhare
missmelis wrote:This is awesome - I hope you follow blanked's advice and resub with a corrected thumbnail because it will definitely gmv!

test 123... I think the shirt.woot servers are acting up.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
sleekhare wrote:test 123... I think the shirt.woot servers are acting up.

Need more specifics!

I'm just hanging out, really.

sleekhare

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sleekhare
inkycatz wrote:Need more specifics!

I wrote up a post replying to missmelis and blanked. I think, perhaps, that it was too long. Is there character limit, maybe?

Edit: Or maybe it was because I hit "add comment" as opposed to "reply," since I was replying to the two of them. Is there a safeguard to prevent someone from posting too often on a shirt design?

You're quick, btw.