specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

Congrats on the print!

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats helgram!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

Hey! If they'd had that umbrella before, they might have scared that giant panda off- I wonder if there are giant eyes painted on top of it?

paulpnevada

quality posts: 26 Private Messages paulpnevada

'Helgram is the universal standard for all devil weights and measures. Just be aware they always put their thumb on the scale.'

Can't be true, they'd go to hell for cheat...oh...nevermind.

nettenboys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nettenboys

love this shirt but everyone knows true Seattle-ites (or PNW'ers) don't use umbrellas.

kazzam01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kazzam01
booksrule9 wrote:So true.

True, but only tourists go see the landmarks too. And it wouldn't look as good with a giant parka.

danjshepler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danjshepler

I love Seattle, but now that I'm living nowhere near it anymore I definitely have to have this shirt to remind me of home.

Bobthecool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bobthecool

If only the space needle was replaced the the Transamerica Pyramid building I would buy 3 of these without thinking. Amazing design!

bpshore

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bpshore

Tman2088 pushed for this shirt to be made on zkelvin's behalf. Well done sir, well done.

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884

I recently moved from Rochester, NY to Seattle. Which makes me one of the very few who moved to Seattle to get less rain. Bring it on.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

thaskaman

quality posts: 15 Private Messages thaskaman

its 4:20pm and raining in Seattle as I type this

this shirt is on topic

cclemone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cclemone
Josephus wrote:Doesn't it rain a lot in Texas, for example?

Not this year. Plus, Texas is huge... so it varies. When it takes at least 14 hours of driving to get across the state, you get a few different climates. I grew up in the Houston area and we used to frequently have thunderstorms with serious rain on most afternoons in July and August. I've been in San Antonio for 5 years now and I've missed regular rain that I used to see in Houston... it's extremely dry. Texas has been hurting for rain this whole summer. When one of the tropical storms had the potential to hit the Texas area, many people said it would be worth the damage of a category 1 or 2 hurricane just to put a dent in the drought.

booksrule9 wrote:Washington better be the bluest state on that map by the end of the day tomorrow.

Well, it looks like Washington and Oregon are doing pretty well! The thing I'm confused about is Vermont...

helgram

quality posts: 1 Private Messages helgram

Next time I'm in Vancouver, I will make a point to drive down to Seattle to see if the city picked up on the Idea... or at the very least spot someone wearing the shirt. That would be pretty epic.

samdunlap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samdunlap

As a Seattle resident, I vouch that this pretty much sums up daily life here. I wouldn't be caught dead using an umbrella, but I sure as hell would wear this shirt.

Greshmahg

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Greshmahg
larzlarzpantsonfarz wrote:whoa whoa whoa! Why does Seattle get one and Portland doesn't?!?!
This is ridiculous!

Because Portland is a worthless excuse of a city, and any shirt that identifies Portland would not only have to be covered in hippie, but made of some sort of hemp based fabric, lest the hippies get all bent out of shape and start protesting or levying a tax against Woot?

Oh, and Seattlites use umbrellas....when it actually rains. It just so happens that it only really "rains" a few times a year (today was such a day). Umbrellas are useless when it's just a mist. And yes, I'm a local.

Which is also why I can't buy this shirt. You can't live in Seattle and wear a Seattle shirt. I'm pretty sure there's some sort of law against it.

lonelypond

quality posts: 422 Private Messages lonelypond

perfect mood + coloring

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake

First day ... 2240? Nope - 2239 ... thanks, Golux!

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: fourthletter
Last purchase time: Sunday, October 02, 2011, 11:58:53 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 38.576s
Woot wage: $3,127.41
Woots sold: 2238

Last wooter to woot: rksaraf
Last purchase time: Sunday, October 02, 2011, 11:59:30 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 38.575s
Woot wage: $3,126.08
Woots sold: 2239

Last wooter to woot: johnware
Last purchase time: Monday, October 03, 2011, 12:01:37 AM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 38.615s
Woot wage: $3,121.47
Woots sold: 2240

First day - 2239

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

First day sales... er I think I missed the exact number, whew, thanks Thegolux: 2239

mrmcmac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrmcmac
Narfcake wrote:There's sunshine in Seattle? That's almost as foreign of a concept as rain is here in SoCal.

Hey! We had 9 sunny days in a row with temps over 80° this summer! That was about it for summer. Now it's late fall, heading for winter. :-(

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
mrmcmac wrote:Hey! We had 9 sunny days in a row with temps over 80° this summer! That was about it for summer.

It's raining here today in SoCal, and my morning commute took 70 minute (for 20 miles), because folks don't know how to drive when it's wet outside.

Next week, it's supposed to be 90+ again. Ugh.

emschelle

quality posts: 5 Private Messages emschelle
larzlarzpantsonfarz wrote:whoa whoa whoa! Why does Seattle get one and Portland doesn't?!?!
This is ridiculous!

Yeah! I want one with some bridges! I did send a shirt to my moving-to-Seattle-soon comrade,though.

talonsl007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages talonsl007
Revvy wrote:Only tourists use umbrellas in Seattle. The rest of us have hats, hoods, or a lack of care.

Yeah but it'd look good underneath my shell, like an ironic statement about our disdain for umbrellas. And the tacky tourists who tote them. And the duck.

bellisperennis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellisperennis
mousefinbutt wrote:I live in Seattle and today definitely embodies this. The gray of this shirt matches the gray of a stormy overcast day, as well as the melancholy I feel in my soul. I call it "lets-jump-out-the-window gray."

I find this is more effective at dissuading people from moving here than telling them it rains a lot.

So true - it's not the rain that gets us native Seattle-ites down (like others have said, it doesn't really rain like many other parts of the country), it's the soul-sucking, neverending gray skies.

That said, this shirt perfectly captures both the rain and the gray very well, and I may have to get it.

Flowbee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Flowbee
Snipes wrote:Yep, totally true. Here in Seattle you can tell if someone is either a tourist or a wimp if they use an umbrella. Love the design though!

Because Seattle is known for it's tough guys..

itsdeanna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itsdeanna

HOW DO I BUY THIS!!!!!!!!!!!..?

smallville824

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smallville824

Staff

itsdeanna wrote:HOW DO I BUY THIS!!!!!!!!!!!..?

The shirt has been reckoned and no longer in print. Try teetrade.org, wootswap.com, or the random shirt trade center in the Shirt.Woot forum. You might get lucky and find it there.

itsdeanna

smallville824 wrote:The shirt has been reckoned and no longer in print. Try teetrade.org, wootswap.com, or the random shirt trade center in the Shirt.Woot forum. You might get lucky and find it there.

thank yoooou!!!!!!!

itsdeanna

thaskaman wrote:its 4:20pm and raining in Seattle as I type this

this shirt is on topic

cheers!

nickm07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickm07

Was excited when I ordered this, but less than impressed when I received it.

Design was great, but the shirt itself was constructed poorly. Runs at least 2 sizes smaller that most brands I've worn (yes, I did check the size chart). The logo sits at a slant like a backslash; my best guess is a fault in how the body and sleeves were put together unaligned, as the whole thing feels off.

Disappointed in the American Apparel shirt, I hope future orders don't come in the same quality.

smallville824

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smallville824

Staff

nickm07 wrote:Was excited when I ordered this, but less than impressed when I received it.

Design was great, but the shirt itself was constructed poorly. Runs at least 2 sizes smaller that most brands I've worn (yes, I did check the size chart). The logo sits at a slant like a backslash; my best guess is a fault in how the body and sleeves were put together unaligned, as the whole thing feels off.

Disappointed in the American Apparel shirt, I hope future orders don't come in the same quality.

I'm sending you a private message. If you have any questions about any order, please contact us at service@woot.com.

hdao6899

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hdao6899

Is it too much to ask for this shirt to be reprinted somehow? Maybe in a 'weather' collection...? I grabbed The Umbrellas long sleeve from the Spring Has Sprung collection (http://shirt.woot.com/offers/the-umbrellas-long-sleeve-tee) and would love this shirt to add to my own personal Seattle collection. I am a devoted Seattlite and would love to own this beautiful shirt!