hoverchairstudios

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoverchairstudios

HAHA! Fantastic Dexter mash up. I've been addicted to that show since season 1. nice work.

Re: Bay Harbor Pumpkin Butcher

[Mod: Do not advertise your entry in your posts. Once you make a purchase, you may put links in your signature.]

seedsofsedition

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seedsofsedition
Re: Octopus Girl

this is freaking awesome, well done hon.

find me here: cas.lollworks.com

hoverchairstudios

Really dig the color pallet on this one! Also, great concept.

Re: Death Blows

[Mod: Do not advertise your entry in your posts. Once you make a purchase, you may put links in your signature.]

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Octopus Girl

Excellent work! +1

hoverchairstudios

Nice concept and placement. Simple and effective.

Re: Halloween Candy

walmazan

Re: Death Blows

Amazing work and I really love your perfect color choices!

+1

hoverchairstudios

Amazing collab! Great work to the both of you

Re: Candy House

hoverchairstudios

Wow! so much detail. Great execution!

Re: CARVED

juliaL719

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juliaL719
Re: Who's next?

This is probably one of the smartest, most genuinely original designs I've ever seen on Woot. May it stave off the Stale Candy imitators.

deadgoat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deadgoat
AzurePhoenix wrote:I have to agree with SeedsofSedition. I love this art without the kid...

I was thinking the same thing. I love the monsters and creepy crawlies (they are really, really great), but not the kid so much.

walmazan

walmazan

Re: Fun Sized

I want it so badly! +1

walmazan

Re: Spoiler Graveyard

This is awesome!!

naeylonsidhe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naeylonsidhe

LOVE IT!! It reminds me of some of the machines at Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum

usopp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages usopp
youcansmellit wrote:Great idea! candy corn is so gross

youcansmellit.com

dude! i love candy corn

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
Nekkochan wrote:I want this one, not for Halloween, but to wear to the shelter, where black cats always get adopted last - and we can't adopt them out in October.

That's so sad...we had a black cat growing up and I've had my current black cat for 15 years (!).

As for the design, the cat is completely adorable.

amreli

deadgoat wrote:I was thinking the same thing. I love the monsters and creepy crawlies (they are really, really great), but not the kid so much.

Hm, I think the kid adds a nice contrast of color and cuteness...not what you would expect from the rest of the design. Though I do agree that the thumbnail doesn't do it justice, I might not have clicked on it (I got here from some of the comments).

amreli

dooomcat wrote:I find I often over think the derbies too much and spend a ton of time on concepts no one is interested in... so turtles and bunnies.

Ha ha! I actually really like the concept. There's something kind of creepy about the turtle's face though....but maybe that just makes it more appropriate. I think the background pumpkin doodles are a little distracting, just because I think the candy adds enough setting/whatever, but I also tend to like minimalist backgrounds so that may just be me.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
hoverchairstudios wrote:Really dig the color pallet on this one! Also, great concept.

walmazan wrote:Amazing work and I really love your perfect color choices!

+1

thank you very much for the support and the love.

amreli

pjwulfman wrote:I guess I don't get it. I can't buy this, or vote for it, or anything? Just comment? Well, I like it. I might even buy it.

You have to buy something from any of the woot sites before you can vote. As for buying it, that would happen if it places 1st, 2nd, or 3rd next weekend.

Artfires

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Artfires

Fantastic. This deserves some glow-in-the-dark ink. What say, Woot!?

Re: The Pumpkin Patch

amreli

Re: Spoiler Graveyard

Love this concept! Although I think it really needs Beth (Chapter 40)....

amreli

Re: Bad neighborhood

I can totally see their dilemma: "Look at that huge house, I bet they have TONS of AWESOME candy!!!! Hmm....."

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
Re: Utter Disappointment

The Candy Corn Defamation League (or CCFL) will be filing papers against this egregious asault on a classic, cherished candy.

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
Re: Bay Harbor Pumpkin Butcher RESUB

RESUB! Added that little detail that was so awesomely suggested by Kophia. THANK YOU KOPHIA!!!! Normally I wouldn't do a resub like this but it was just too good. Small but just right.

Those of you that voted already, a repeat vote would be most appreciated!

Thanks.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
Re: Night of the Unwanted Candy (RESUB)

Nice upgrade, even if two of my favorite candies (corn and Peeps) made it. Voted.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Salem Witches

Meow.

cupidsrevenge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cupidsrevenge
Re: Fire Feline

Major coolness. I've got a pair of Harley flame boots that would go so good with this.

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
Re: The Pumpkin Patch

You my friend are a freaking powerhouse of awesomeness. Love the style and quality of your work. Keep this up and people may start their own COFFEYBEAN shirt collections. Goodluck!

mldgibberish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mldgibberish
Re: Fire Feline

gmv;frankly,I'd have curled the tail around the front paws,creating a more traditional "cat in front of the fire" pose both for the sake of the composition and to allay any interpretation towards "kitty flambe"...

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Drakxxx wrote:Thanks for the votes and comments so far.

I honestly didn't know about the ban on the text banners altogether here in the weekly contest. I remember something about animated GIFS, but I'd sooner figure out how to build a working time machine then manage to put one of those together.

If Travis or any of the other staff believes the text bar on either or both of my designs this week gives them an unfair advantage over their competition, then by all means I would accept the rejection.

They have been rejecting entries for putting text in the thumbnail since the new rule (which I was a big supporter of), and your Hallowoot entries getting the axe would be VERY sad..

I mean woot is inconsistent and seems to make exceptions all the time, but it still makes me feel dirty hoping they let it go this time. But IMO if ANYBODY deserves a free pass in this case, at this time, it's you man.

walmazan

Amazing work!

bluetuba

amreli wrote:Hm, I think the kid adds a nice contrast of color and cuteness...not what you would expect from the rest of the design. Though I do agree that the thumbnail doesn't do it justice, I might not have clicked on it (I got here from some of the comments).

I agree, I like the kid as the source of the monsters behind him. I think the style of the monsters is linked to him as well.

+ 1 for spooky kids

bluetuba

Re: Not NEVERmore...

I love your scary ladies!

gricomet

quality posts: 35 Private Messages gricomet
Re: Tricky Treaters

Cool shirt!

mfritz07

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mfritz07

twig3721

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twig3721
Re: The Hungry Dead

I love this shirt! This would be an instant buy for me!

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
drewpac18 wrote:I really want this shirt badly.

Thank you!

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
manikx66 wrote:well not sure if this would be considered a resub or not. i had entered this in for back to school it did really well till it got rejected for being off topic. I had ravamped it to be more school like but no one including me liked version 2.o so this is the original zombie mathematics design hope its halloween related enough to stay in this time. time shall tell I guess.

If you've submitted it before, it's a resub.

taylertot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taylertot
Re: He'll Probably Be Okay

That is hysterical. So simple, yet just great...