reganrabbit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reganrabbit
Re: Kitty Needs a Hug

"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Great Job!

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic

I hope you take over woot with concepts like this And good art too boot of course.

zwartepaard

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zwartepaard
Re: Adorable Monstrosity

Even with the shading, this design still looks very flat to me. And after a year and a half on the site, I'm going to have to agree with the consensus that there are far too many vacant-eyed rabbits that end up for sale each week. With all the other amazing work submitted each week, it's a shame that slightly different iterations of the same design keep winning because of a (apparently) quite massive fan base.

Also, I don't understand what this has to do with Halloween. I see a vague Monty Python before any idea of Halloween jumps to mindl. Skulls and a background blood spatter do not a HalloWoot shirt make...

Pjakks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pjakks
Re: Haunted Scarecrow

This is HalloWoot at its finest!

aluhx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aluhx
crazydoglady wrote:Agreed. And IMO it is disrespectful to wooters - by my calculations he earns more than the median U.S. income from wooters purchases, you'd think he could at least give us his best. He clearly has what it takes to give wooters quality but he "phones it in" because he knows his followers will get him in the fog and he has a good chance of printing. Kind of makes me think of an employee with lots of talent and skill who shows up late every day and spends most of the day on personal calls, but is so good at what he does that his 2 or 3 hours per day of actual work are better than what the average employee puts out in 8 hours, so he keeps his job.

Agreeing with this statement here. My roommate and I were very interested in the designs (including Cell Division!) until we saw they were from RamyB. History never lets us forget how we learned about him.

Please, Ramy, can we see something other than cute, beady-eyed animals? I'm sure you'll still get into the fog with something else, since you have a big fanbase. Widen your portfolio! <3

moomie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moomie

I love his shoes

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
aluhx wrote:Agreeing with this statement here. My roommate and I were very interested in the designs (including Cell Division!) until we saw they were from RamyB. History never lets us forget how we learned about him.

Please, Ramy, can we see something other than cute, beady-eyed animals? I'm sure you'll still get into the fog with something else, since you have a big fanbase. Widen your portfolio! <3

I'm not sure what to make if this comment. It starts by saying that you liked a design of mine until you found out the artist's name, then you go on to say all my designs are the same when you started with an example that doesn't fit that mold.

Take a look at my actual woot portfolio:
http://shirtwhat.com/archive_a.php?artist=ramyb

Out of all my designs this year, I would say about 30% fall into the category of "cute, beady-eyed animals." In fact, of my last 8 prints, only one really falls under that category, with the rest exhibiting a variety of different styles. People seem to have the impression that cute animals are a ticket to success, but they really are not, and are in fact no easier to complete as designs than any other style.

I design what I enjoy, and that includes many different styles. Every time I do a cute design, though, these comments come up again and make me wonder if some people have the memory of goldfish or if they simply have failed to find any of my other designs, regardless of how they have done in the derby. And on the flip side, every time I do a design that doesn't have cute animals, I receive a great deal of praise for "trying something different."

I'm sorry to jump out in response to your comment specifically, especially since you were not rude or fighting at all in your post, but it is something I have been thinking and wanted to state and you gave me the opportunity.

I also wanted to mention one other point: I'm thankful to everyone who votes on my designs, regardless of the style, but I don't have a fanbase in my pocket waiting to vote for me when I ring a bell. Unlike many other artist's on this site, I don't advertise my designs anywhere, whatsoever, nor have I ever. No social networking sites, personal portfolios, etc. I didn't ask anyone to migrate from any other sites or anything of that sort.- I don't even put a link to my designs in my signature here on woot anymore. I have several times considered expanding to use one of those resources, but have never had the interest or found the need. All my "fans" and votes come from right here on woot, and I think my sales numbers speak for themselves. All kinds of conspiracy theories have cropped up to try to explain my woot success over the years, but I have just been lucky enough to find a market that enjoys what I create.

Thanks again to everyone who voted on this design, and on the two others I have in this derby, for your continued support

manikx66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manikx66
dkalnz wrote:I LOVE this! This is so awesome!!

thanks!!

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Re: Slow Death

Perhaps it's just my eyes playing tricks on me, but something about the front half of the tortoise just feels "off" to me; he seems oddly elongated or stretched out under that cloak.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: The Shining Twinkies

I see she got the top of her head back

move along

onlinebret

quality posts: 0 Private Messages onlinebret
coffeybean wrote:This guy is all trick and no treat, but you still wanna hug the kitty!

Here is a larger version.

Hahahaha! LOVE this!

fossilgirl1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fossilgirl1

Made me laugh. GMV

dooomcat

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dooomcat

Awesome! I just wish the tongue was a different color cause that just looks so pooish. Beautifully rendered poo though.

polluxoil

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polluxoil

Holy crap. Every derby you amaze me with one of your entries. I really hope you get a print soon!

joeyliz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeyliz

nice to see you hit back Ramy!

i had a look at ur portfolio, lots of nice varying designs there, some cute some not....

i have to say i always look forward to seeing your entries each week, although can't say i always vote on them

this 1 def. has my vote!

(and yes ppl i kno the history...)

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
Re: How am I feeling today?

Without talking too much about the bunny design (my opinion of it is sort of implied), I really enjoy this design (particularly picturing the Headless Horseman "wearing" each of the faces). I probably wouldn't buy it, if only due to my hesitancy towards buying holiday-specific shirts, but it's definitely deserving of a vote for those that would want it. Well done, sir.

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

dooomcat

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dooomcat
endangeredomega wrote:Perhaps it's just my eyes playing tricks on me, but something about the front half of the tortoise just feels "off" to me; he seems oddly elongated or stretched out under that cloak.

I think it's his left front leg is too far up and is coming out of his neck.

I also don't really get Halloween out of this but I like the pun

ChaosDoctor07

Re: Devil Child

Wouldn't necessarily wear it as a shirt, bu, if nothing else, I really enjoy the character design of this. Good work.

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

joeyliz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeyliz
endangeredomega wrote:Perhaps it's just my eyes playing tricks on me, but something about the front half of the tortoise just feels "off" to me; he seems oddly elongated or stretched out under that cloak.

He could just be an 'Eastern long-neck turle'?

very cute and love the concept!

ChaosDoctor07

ChaosDoctor07 wrote:Without talking too much about the bunny design (my opinion of it is sort of implied), I really enjoy this design (particularly picturing the Headless Horseman "wearing" each of the faces). I probably wouldn't buy it, if only due to my hesitancy towards buying holiday-specific shirts, but it's definitely deserving of a vote for those that would want it. Well done, sir.

Correction: Well done, sirs.

j5

Re: A Monster Breakfast

booberry is in that outhouse with the smokestack in the background.

move along

fossilgirl1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fossilgirl1
Re: Beauty Brew

Great idea! GMV

j5

Re: Candy House

stripey tentacles trademark 2011 bootsart, LLC.

taternuggets wrote:Is there a house in there?

if you step back, you will see it's roughly house shaped.

move along

aluhx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aluhx
ramyb wrote:I'm not sure what to make if this comment. It starts by saying that you liked a design of mine until you found out the artist's name, then you go on to say all my designs are the same when you started with an example that doesn't fit that mold.

[clipped to save from page-stretching]

Haha, thank you for remaining polite in your response to me!

If there is any way to private message, I would be more willing to discuss that there (I'm still... fairly new on shirt.woot, and I can't seem to find an option for it... is there one? o.o) for the sake of creating a large conversation on top of your entry.
Anyways, my apologies if I seemed very offensive; I think you have talent, I just wish that your designs would "evolve" more, but as you said, you draw what you like!

I do have more of a response if there is a private messaging system, and if you're interested in hearing it. :D

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: Weird Sisters Brewing

Almost as popular as their "double, double toil and trouble bock."

j5

MadamAtom wrote:Well-drawn, for a Boots shirt, practically goes without saying, but there it is anyway.

was that your backhand?
(ref: eats, shoots and leaves)

move along

TomSelleck666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TomSelleck666

I shared this on my FB, hopefully that'll get it some votes. REALLY clever idea. Good luck!

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
horsedreamer wrote:I want this shirt so much whether or not its halloween.

Yay! I definitely wanted to make a shirt that wasn't *only* Halloween.

lonelypond

quality posts: 424 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Candy Cat

like it

lonelypond

Re: Beware of the Raisins

Sets a great Halloween mood

lonelypond

Re: The New Unicorn

I have a cat who gets that same worried expression (he's dark brown); nicely different Halloween angle

jovan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jovan

This design is just lovely. Great job!

lonelypond

Re: Haunted Scarecrow

coloring is gorgeous

jovan

This is really cool. Reminds me of 1960s spot illustrataions.

ittybittyx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ittybittyx

awww, sad!

lonelypond

Re: getting ready

very dressy

jovan

There's some really great detail in this design.

lonelypond

Re: Take one

now that's a haunted house

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
Re: Too Much Sugar

Yeah, this is autobiographical kinda.

jovan

With how often Woot does bunny shirts this one should do well. It's pretty cute!