colourcraze

quality posts: 1 Private Messages colourcraze
Re: the summoning

I NEEEED THIS SHIRRRRT!!!

aluhx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aluhx
joeyliz wrote:nice to see you hit back Ramy!

i had a look at ur portfolio, lots of nice varying designs there, some cute some not....

i have to say i always look forward to seeing your entries each week, although can't say i always vote on them

this 1 def. has my vote!

(and yes ppl i kno the history...)

Yes, I quite agree. Nice to see him hit back! c: I love artist responses.

ALohn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ALohn
epicfal wrote:Clever. I'm surprised that this hasn't gotten more votes.

TomSelleck666 wrote:I shared this on my FB, hopefully that'll get it some votes. REALLY clever idea. Good luck!

Thanks! This is my second ever derby submission, so I'm pretty excited that it's gotten as many votes as it has.

jovan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jovan
Nekkochan wrote:Since there's no blood in a skull, I'm assuming the blood on the bunny's mouth is from breaking his teeth on the bone?

Probably just left over blood from eating the flesh.

bughouseloco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bughouseloco
Re: Dress Up Time

the turtles face is superrr sweetly illustrated. cheers!

foxbite

quality posts: 13 Private Messages foxbite

I love the cat's physique! The rat looks sad but hopeful.

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
auroragriffon wrote:I read a story once about the trouble a shelter had adopting out their black cats. One volunteer tried giving them unusual (but cute) names people don't usually associate with black cats; Jellybean in this case, and they found homes for the cats much faster. Another shelter put bright, colorful fabric down for the kitties to sleep and sit on. Ordinarily black cats naturally fade into the shadows in a cage, and the fabric makes them stand out more when people come to look for cats. Good luck adopting the black cats after October; I personally think they are wonderful animals

We had a black cat sale - put them all in one room, put bows on the boys and colorful glittery scrunchies on the girls. Only one of them was adopted *sigh*. I think our "10 Reasons to Adopt a Black Cat" list - with reason #1 being "Because they're the least likely to get adopted" - is doing more good. I've had a few kids actually tell me they were taking a black one for that reason.

Our adoptable cats are in open rooms, so they don't fade into the shadows as much - but I like the idea of unusual names. Have to talk to the staff about that one. You can only use the name "Inky" so many times.

partimejudas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages partimejudas
zekecatz wrote:It reminds me just a little bit of World Nom-ination . Maybe it's the rabbit's pose. Maybe it's just me.

I could swear he did something like this a few years back... some kind of horrible "evil" rabbit but I am too lazy to continue caring because trying to speak reason or expose ramyb is like tying water in knots...

Now 100% chock full of little wind-up robots!

partimejudas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages partimejudas
zekecatz wrote:It reminds me just a little bit of World Nom-ination . Maybe it's the rabbit's pose. Maybe it's just me.

I could swear he did something like this a few years back... some kind of horrible "evil" rabbit but I am too lazy to continue caring because trying to speak reason or expose ramyb is like tying water in knots...

Now 100% chock full of little wind-up robots!

stogieman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stogieman
bassanimation wrote:I just want to say again, THIS is the one I need out of this derby. I love a ton of the entries, but I want this one for year-round wearage. <3

I agree. This shirt is perfect for Halloween but I could wear it year round.

pennyworth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pennyworth
Re: There's Something Weird About Timmy...

Shirt is awesome, but yeah if you could just redo the thumbnail. Maybe focus it on the kid and pull in the "cute" factor crowd. I mean this shirt needs to win........NEEDS TO, I SAY!!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Kitty Needs a Hug

Dude! You are doing your best work this week! :^)

coffeybean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeybean

Thanks everyone. I'm really glad this one is getting some good feedback. I think it's my favorite out of the two.

Spiritgreen

Re: Moonrise Surprise

Thanks! ^_^

I've been drawing and redrawing this werewolf astronaut idea for weeks and finally settled on the mid-century modern cartoon style as being the most fun. I wish it had connected with people better, but at least I can walk away happy now.

Spiritgreen

Re: The Hungry Dead

Awww, you guys.

^_^

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Ghost Grinder V.2

The fact that this extremely well done, on theme design by two of woot's most talented, is struggling to get back into the fog is criminal. Halloween is turning over in it's grave.

JustinC197

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JustinC197
Re: He'll Probably Be Okay

Were you the Artist who designed Exercise: Some Motivation Required? I wanted to know 'cause I love the design and this one mimics that, GMV

JustinC197

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JustinC197
ramyb wrote:I'm not sure what to make if this comment. It starts by saying that you liked a design of mine until you found out the artist's name, then you go on to say all my designs are the same when you started with an example that doesn't fit that mold.

Take a look at my actual woot portfolio:
http://shirtwhat.com/archive_a.php?artist=ramyb

Out of all my designs this year, I would say about 30% fall into the category of "cute, beady-eyed animals." In fact, of my last 8 prints, only one really falls under that category, with the rest exhibiting a variety of different styles. People seem to have the impression that cute animals are a ticket to success, but they really are not, and are in fact no easier to complete as designs than any other style.

I design what I enjoy, and that includes many different styles. Every time I do a cute design, though, these comments come up again and make me wonder if some people have the memory of goldfish or if they simply have failed to find any of my other designs, regardless of how they have done in the derby. And on the flip side, every time I do a design that doesn't have cute animals, I receive a great deal of praise for "trying something different."

I'm sorry to jump out in response to your comment specifically, especially since you were not rude or fighting at all in your post, but it is something I have been thinking and wanted to state and you gave me the opportunity.

I also wanted to mention one other point: I'm thankful to everyone who votes on my designs, regardless of the style, but I don't have a fanbase in my pocket waiting to vote for me when I ring a bell. Unlike many other artist's on this site, I don't advertise my designs anywhere, whatsoever, nor have I ever. No social networking sites, personal portfolios, etc. I didn't ask anyone to migrate from any other sites or anything of that sort.- I don't even put a link to my designs in my signature here on woot anymore. I have several times considered expanding to use one of those resources, but have never had the interest or found the need. All my "fans" and votes come from right here on woot, and I think my sales numbers speak for themselves. All kinds of conspiracy theories have cropped up to try to explain my woot success over the years, but I have just been lucky enough to find a market that enjoys what I create.

Thanks again to everyone who voted on this design, and on the two others I have in this derby, for your continued support

Thank you Ramy! I don't see why people are all bent out of shape because of your design. They are all great, and my Woot shirt collection has a bunch of yours. Great design, great artist, GMV.

kevito

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevito

But we need more horribly drawn bunny and penguin shirts guys!

*sigh*

drewpac18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewpac18
Re: How am I feeling today?

Great concept.

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar
coffeybean wrote:Thanks everyone. I'm really glad this one is getting some good feedback. I think it's my favorite out of the two.

so... SO good. I liked your first entry but this is so ..... what's the word.... WOOT!

lovettmann

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lovettmann
Re: Trick or Treat Chicks!

Just wondering... can you resubmit last year's?

tomandann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomandann
Re: By the Light of the Moon

This would be totally cool if the moon was printed with glow in the dark ink.

ty044

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ty044
Re: Trick Or Treat

Would love to see this printed. Awesome color choices. Very unique.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Plankenstein

Nice joke, but if it wins, I'll kill a kitten.

move along

yellowfinch87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yellowfinch87

Very nice. I, too, really like that it is a real drawing. Did you use charcoal? Anyway, again, well done.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote

This is so twisted and disturbing it definitely needs a vote.

memnoch565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages memnoch565
berona wrote:haha, now all I have to do is get about 600 more people to love it!!! Thanks for the suport!

Agreed, Fantastic.

drummer07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drummer07

Great shirt! This one should win.

Megatrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Megatrain
Re: Vamp dress up

I think its a clever idea, too (and a very sexy vamp!), just needs some tweaks.

My biggest issue is that it still seems like there is a gray "body" there, blocking your view of the stuff behind it. For example, if you can see through her neck, then you would see the entire collar in the reflection, it wouldn't be interrupted by a gray neck.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Swamp Monster

Thumbnail needs to be corrected...it has to match the comp (ie, on the black background)

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

peterstenhouse14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peterstenhouse14

brerfunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brerfunk
Re: Deadlocked

Anatomy majors: avert your eyes

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT

The organist is so cool. I love his hand and tail, such finesse. Bravissimo guys.

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

SnowQueenVT

Re: A Monster Breakfast

So cute and funny, the hysterical strawberry is so adorable.

novastarj

quality posts: 30 Private Messages novastarj
Re: Haunted Scarecrow

Outstanding work!

SnowQueenVT

Re: Not NEVERmore...

I like it!!!!!

novastarj

quality posts: 30 Private Messages novastarj

I'll admit it took me a minute to figure it out, but awesome work!

GMV

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26
Re: Slow Death

Totally thought this was a Ramby design. Not my style at all.

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26
Re: Adorable Monstrosity

/facepalm

That is all.