ccazabon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccazabon
Re: Adorable Monstrosity

meh, I'm not impressed with this design. I like your stuff when you put more effort into it.

juanoc74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juanoc74
jovan wrote:Oddly, when I saw the thumbnail of this I though it was a dove poking it's head out of an orange plush costume... but now that I've seen the full comp I really like the character design. The texter is really nice, too.

hehehe
a dove poking it's head out of an orange plush costume ....classic

ccazabon

Re: The Pumpkin Patch

This is a great design. gmv

ccazabon

j5 wrote:What is wrong with you?

He's done this to his black friends?

ccazabon

ramyb wrote:The headless horseman has a different pumpkin for every occasion :P Collab with jlegos Hope you guys like how it turned out.

this is so much better than your other submission's for this derby, I wish it was in the fog instead.

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: I Bet That House Has The Best Candy

Thanks all

It's 6B pencil, but it looks like charcoal once it gets the digital treatment.

I love using charcoal, but I hate to think of what it'd do to my scanner

ccazabon

ccazabon wrote:this is so much better than your other submission's for this derby, I wish it was in the fog instead.

Oh, the the horse eating the pumpkin with the scared(?) face in the back is hilarious

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Not NEVERmore...

I want this on a hoodie bad... mmmrrraaghhh!!!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

berona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages berona
memnoch565 wrote:Agreed, Fantastic.

well, lets make that 599! Thanks sir!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 162 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Re: Slow Death

Wow, er thanks for all the votes and comments! I was really not expecting this one to even reach the fog at all when I finished it. I just wanted something to watch this week since my poor Monotreme Frankenstein didn't seem to be doing well. Wow, I never know what will happen when I finish an image so entering the derby is always interesting and frustrating.

As to how Halloween this is... um well I don't like Halloween only shirts that much. I like to wear a shirt all year round. But I was sort of thinking a turtle wearing a Grim Reaper costume scaring a snail would be Halloween enough. I mean I tend to think those are both fun Halloween activities. On the flip side I completely understand if you'd want a more spooky Halloween season shirt.

I do have to say though woot likes to mix other fall things in with there Hallowoot contests. So the rules are fairly open for a lot of different things of the fall season not just pumpkins and black cats. For instance a part of the rules this time stated that "shirt as costume" is acceptable as on topic for Hallowoot... therefor a Santa Claus shirt as costume design would ACTUALLY be on topic for this derby. Spooky huh. =P

Anyway I'm kind of shocked and thankful to be up here even if I really don't expect to print. Thanks so much everyone.

kate1188

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kate1188
Re: Fire Feline

I think it might just be because I'm a ginger, but I can't look at this shirt and not instantly think "fire crotch". +1 because I would love to wear it!

DianaSprinkle

Re: Ghost Grinder V.2

Wooo! Go Go Drakxxx and Cresent! So close to the fog.

Je5ster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Je5ster
tgentry wrote:That was quick!

Make sure your address is up to date and we'll send you your very own flying, screaming Woot monkey!

This is freaking awesome!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: The New Unicorn

I'm so happy to see all the black cat love in here, and everyone's stories - thanks for the votes and the sharing! I kind of feel like I want everyone to post pictures of their cuties;)

Truly so sad about the superstitions against them and the trouble finding adoptive homes for black kittens/cats
Nekkochan - reading about the black cat sale and all the cute efforts - (bow ties and glittery scrunchies!) and only one adoption... aww man that is heartbreaking :'(
The idea about unusual cute names sounds like it's worth a try! Here is me brainstorming some cute but maybe unexpected black cat names: marshmellow, munchkin, cupcake, sweet pea, snowball, tinkerbell, twinkie, minnie, buttercup, snuggles... hey this is fun =)

nadine624

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nadine624
Re: Too Much Sugar

That is so adorable!
If it prints, which I hope it does, I am SO buying one for my daughter!

FullTangHalo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FullTangHalo
Re: Slow Death

Random comment about ramyb always using turtles and death in his entry....kidding

I'm kinda amazed how fast this got into the fog. I figured the haters would come out in force, cause well they're haters. I like the shirt none the less, funny take on a common phrase. Best of luck

yellowfinch87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yellowfinch87

This is cool looking, but... Doesn't it exceed the color limit?

audreymcgough

quality posts: 0 Private Messages audreymcgough
eehad wrote:aww awesome! I wan't to be little timmys friend!

i wanna be his friend too :D

yellowfinch87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yellowfinch87

I like this shirt design. A lot. And I like that it's not so "halloween only" as to be useless for 11 months of the year.

me like.

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: Kitty Needs a Hug

I love your work so much! It's so wooty, yet original and detailed. I really love this design because it's clever and cute. Your pumpkin design is more readable and obvious to the average shirt-voter though, so that's probably why it's doing way better. I hope it prints, you deserve it.

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

elmosuperman wrote:Dude!! I totally need some coloring tips from you. Another fantastic piece!

Yes! I love your colors and use of halftones. If you have time, could you maybe post on the forums about your process? That would be sweet.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
novastarj wrote:Outstanding work!

Yup, outstanding in his field.
(I know that's what you meant)

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

redheadchels

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redheadchels
Re: Bay Harbor Pumpkin Butcher RESUB

I am IN LOVE with this!!!!
GMV

awcoburn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awcoburn
Re: getting ready

Back to the fog with you! I would love to have this shirt.

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis

This is a perfect submission for this derby. I realize the theme is Halloween but seriously, how many people are going to be wearing jack-o-lantern shirts in March? This is creepy enough to be Halloween, yet comfortable enough to wear every day. I wonder if the comments directed at the artist about making more of an effort are coming from other artists, or whether they are from buyers only. I just can't see another artist criticizing the way they have here. Artists should support one another and not whine about the success of one of your own. If you want to see more of an effort, have at it. Be the change you want to see in the world. I don't vote for any particular artist every week and it is insulting to the public to insinuate they have no opinion. This design definitely gets my vote and I have no problem sharing it on my facebook page.

stephanyerwin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stephanyerwin
Re: Fire Feline

It's just beautiful. Birdeaux

greymav

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greymav
Re: Owloween

I would love one of these! Perfect for the season.

DianaSprinkle

Re: A Night in the Life of Dracula

LOLOL I really like this one! Nooo get out of the sun! GMV!

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Re: A Night in the Life of Dracula

hahahahaha! amazingm!!!!!! +5

bdubs8807

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bdubs8807
amreli wrote:Love this concept! Although I think it really needs Beth (Chapter 40)....

What book is it you're talking about? I feel like I ought to know it...

Does anybody have a http://shirt.woot.com/offers/cloak-of-visibility-lightweight-hoodie and/or http://shirt.woot.com/offers/who-needs-gravity-zip-up-hoodie in MXL that they don't want and/or need to sell? I would LOVE to buy it from you! I am currently offering $40+S&H for either one new, and $20-30+S&H for either one used! Please contact me ASAP, thanks!
B. D. Walton
P.S.: Reckon Nevermore!

ranchosgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ranchosgirl
Re: The Body Shop

I love the expression on the guys face who's holding his head at the back of the line.

scruz78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scruz78
BootsBoots wrote:They all gonna DIE.

Love this! And look at you taking an initiative to educate others about the importance of reading. Although, you can spoil some plots that way as well for those that haven't read them yet.

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard

I honestly wouldnt care if I saw this shirt in the fog, except that I want to have some of rogerrogerroger's shirts.

He submitted 3, and I can't get any of them and I am now furrowing my brow at this design that i expected to be in the fog.
This site is the epitome of a cruel world stomping out any kind of optimistic hope for change.

The demand for cuteness is insatiable.
:D

Happy Halloween!

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Re: getting ready

darn, i wouldve bought this in a heartbeat.

The only shirts with my votes on them are yours because that is how much i wanted one.

This is a hard fight.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow
lonelypond wrote:party

I've always felt that New Year's parties are fun, but Halloween parties are the best.

redheadchels

Re: Pumpkin Patch

If the pumpkin were a bit lower that would be awesome! Love the idea

c0rr0s10n

quality posts: 0 Private Messages c0rr0s10n
Re: Too soon?

I would've bought one. its just too funny. the tagline and the reason for rejection make this comedy gold.

redheadchels

Re: Friends Even After The End

are these supposed to be ghosts? they look a bit like they're looking for a female egg to impregnate

surfergirl7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages surfergirl7
RenjiKenpachi wrote:This is such an Awesome shirt!

Thank you

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis
Narfcake wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

GMV!!!

+1... I'm not 100% sure I would wear this, but it gets my vote purely on principle!! (Not to mention by virtue of giving me a good giggle :-D)

ochopika wrote:Collin! I had no idea you were so opposed to turtles and bunnies! I saw the thumbnail and giggled, but when I clicked and saw it was your work I lol'ed for real. +1! (even though I've printed a turtle+bunny shirt recently)

Your turtle & bunny design (which printed amazingly, btw) was unique and sophisticated in its style, not bland chibi junk. (Not that I know anything about art or design... just my humble opinion as a woot shirt customer!)

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe