Re: Take one

All of your entries are fantastic!

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza

qetza

Re: The Pumpkin Patch

Awesome! One of ny faves in the derby.
The drawing, colors and lighting are excellent!

qetza

Re: I Bet That House Has The Best Candy

Nice perspective and drawing!

qetza

qetza

Re: Midnight snacks

Great character, illo and colors!

qetza

icspots

quality posts: 3 Private Messages icspots
ambergreen wrote:I love the owls, but you may want to resubmit and fix the tree so it's not so harshly cut off on the trunk and branches. I will vote if so.

I was going to say the same thing. The sharp cutoff just looks a little odd. I mean obviously you were wanting to print to the edge and have it stop there, but even then on a real person it would still look odd. Not bad for a first entry to be at the top of the new hotness. Nice work.

palookaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages palookaboy
missmelis wrote:this Derby entry from last year.

This, to me, is reason enough for rejection. If that one was too similar to an existing shirt, how could this possibly be different enough?

chemelf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chemelf
Re: skully

Oh man, you totally stole my Halloween costume for this year. Get out of my head, Parrotworks!!!

Great design :-)

lucasm06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lucasm06
Re: Devilish Eggs

I absolutely LOVE this! Why it's not received more points I just can't comprehend, because this is one of those tees that I'd buy two of, since I know I'd wear the first one out.

usopp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages usopp
Re: The Claaaaaaw!

does this have anything to do with halloween? i'll give you the benefit of the doubt

dsbradley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsbradley

No hating here, I own a closet full of your shirts, but someone's comment earlier just made me wonder.

Care to share a ballpark figure of how much you've made in the last year off of shirt.woot?

If not I understand

thebloodiedgentleman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebloodiedgentleman
Re: There's Something Weird About Timmy...

This shirt is so rocking. I love all the attention to little details & the style. Timmy is so cute in his monster suit. Want!

Bwah if this shirt is not voted in, monsters will rebel from under all beds and bridges. :D But seriously, I need this shirt. bwah. mau.
*lip quiver*

Smoke. Bomb. Smokebomb.
Doodly doot de doot.

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
BootsBoots wrote:Little Women. I almost put her in there!

Thanks, everyone.

Yeah, there are so many you can do, hard to decide on which are the most well-known...

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
qetza wrote:Those flames are awesome!

Thank you!

berona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages berona
epicfal wrote:Personally, I really like this concept. And her expression is just great!

much appreciated!

windmaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages windmaker
Re: Who's next?

If this doesn't make it on woot if you can get it somewhere else let me know and I will still get it I love the concept and design

holothuria

quality posts: 4 Private Messages holothuria
Re: How am I feeling today?

This design is proof that Ramyb designs don't succeed simply because of his fanbase or name recognition. Despite sharing an artist, this is performing well behind the far inferior (but cuter) bunny-bites-skull design.

Bad ideas free; brilliant ideas by derangement.

fluxzx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fluxzx
Re: There's Something Weird About Timmy...

I'd buy it in a heartbeat. GMV

lonelypond

quality posts: 424 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: 13 ghosts

very clever + also v amusing; think the Australian ghost is my favorite, although any of them w/ ears is a winner

zwartepaard

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zwartepaard
Re: How am I feeling today?

I much prefer this design to the other two you've submitted. It seems more expertly executed and more well planned out, as well as being a fresh, new idea (and character). The right hand of the horseman appears a bit awkward as he's reaching toward the pumpkin and the horse seems a little disproportionately long in the body, but I appreciate the amount of detail applied elsewhere in the artwork.

zwartepaard

Re: 13 ghosts

Love this! I would love to have it as a festive piece of wall art...or a shirt. Either way +1

zwartepaard

Re: The Hungry Dead

This reminds me of the scene from Casper the Friendly Ghost, only that was kind of revolting and not worthy of a +1.

zwartepaard

rogerrogerroger wrote:i dont know much about baking. i assume this is how its done.

The longer I look at this, the more I like it and the funnier it gets. I think it's the cupcake's face.

And, as someone who has dabbled with baking before, I can say that only the tastiest baked goods are made this way. Inferior bakers use ovens. So primitive...

LaurenLycanthropy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages LaurenLycanthropy

bob12345swn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bob12345swn
Re: Adorable Monstrosity

Probably won't be picking this one up... it's just a tad bit TOO cute for my liking. Did get my +1, though.

blueberry5568

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blueberry5568
Re: In The Witch's Pantry

i really like this one!! wish it would get more votes, because id totally wear this!

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Plankenstein

Ha, awesome work! +1

ittybittyx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ittybittyx
crazydoglady wrote: And IMO it is disrespectful to wooters - by my calculations he earns more than the median U.S. income from wooters purchases, you'd think he could at least give us his best.

1. I can't believe you took the time to figure out how much this guy makes
2. Disrespectful to wooters? Are you kidding? Even if he spent 30 seconds on a design and submitted it, how is that disrespectful????
3. The dude isn't an elected official, he owes you nothing

------

I am totally perplexed why all you haters are whining about designs YOU don't like being printed. If YOU don't like something, don't vote for it. Don't buy it. But railing on someone for creating stuff YOU don't like is just ridiculous. There is a difference between giving a critique and being a jerk.

And, so what if its a reworked design? Have none of you ever gone back to something to try and improve it? Or try and figure out how to make it work?

I vote for what I like, what I'd wear. I don't vote for any artist based on their name. I vote for the design. Most of the time, what I like doesn't print. Bummer? Yeah. Social injustice? Um, no.

Sigh. I know my response is pointless, as "Haters gonna Hate", but I had to say something.

akayeh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akayeh
jasneko wrote:I'm so happy to see all the black cat love in here, and everyone's stories - thanks for the votes and the sharing! I kind of feel like I want everyone to post pictures of their cuties;)

Truly so sad about the superstitions against them and the trouble finding adoptive homes for black kittens/cats
Nekkochan - reading about the black cat sale and all the cute efforts - (bow ties and glittery scrunchies!) and only one adoption... aww man that is heartbreaking :'(
The idea about unusual cute names sounds like it's worth a try! Here is me brainstorming some cute but maybe unexpected black cat names: marshmellow, munchkin, cupcake, sweet pea, snowball, tinkerbell, twinkie, minnie, buttercup, snuggles... hey this is fun =)

<<<

I would suggest a thesaurus for your shelter. "Ebony" would be a beautiful name for a long lanky cat. Teak or Mahagony might be fun too. All those fun dark colors. We too had a shelter cat that was black. She came unnamed but my Dad ended up calling her Inky. She was American Shirthair mixed with Burmese. Technically black on black stripes but they were only visible in the sun. And she liked to do summersaults. Sixteen years later and the new kitten we have now, Neko, well she makes Inky look like a loafer in comparison! Ink was never this bad a kitten! Beware of the dilute calico. They know they're cute and with get away with murder!

PS I want to send this shirt to my sis who has a rescued Bombay.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: I Want Candy

Haha, nice!

joeyliz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeyliz
ittybittyx wrote:1. I can't believe you took the time to figure out how much this guy makes
2. Disrespectful to wooters? Are you kidding? Even if he spent 30 seconds on a design and submitted it, how is that disrespectful????
3. The dude isn't an elected official, he owes you nothing

------

I am totally perplexed why all you haters are whining about designs YOU don't like being printed. If YOU don't like something, don't vote for it. Don't buy it. But railing on someone for creating stuff YOU don't like is just ridiculous. There is a difference between giving a critique and being a jerk.

And, so what if its a reworked design? Have none of you ever gone back to something to try and improve it? Or try and figure out how to make it work?

I vote for what I like, what I'd wear. I don't vote for any artist based on their name. I vote for the design. Most of the time, what I like doesn't print. Bummer? Yeah. Social injustice? Um, no.

Sigh. I know my response is pointless, as "Haters gonna Hate", but I had to say something.

well said ittybittyx

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange

At first I thought he was looking for his head but finding pumpkins instead. Whoopsies.

Love the horsie.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
epicfal wrote:This is so very creepy. +1

I can't tell it it's in the color limit. I see two shades of grey, two shades of blue, white, and two or three shades of red - but I can't tell if the different shades are actually different colors or if they're done with halftones.

Agreed, on all counts. Super creepy. And I do get eight colors. But without a closeup you're right - can't tell if they're halftoned shades.

paigeg

Re: Deadlocked

What a wonderfully strange idea.

paigeg

Re: Trick or Squeak

A little too simple for me - it would be nice to see some background, some place for the cat and rat to 'be'. Love the expression on the rat, and that cat is just rangy/mangy - very cool.

paigeg

Re: Kitty Needs a Hug

I'll admit to preferring the more 'obvious' of your subs - that jack o lantern is just wicked. But this is more subtle and twisted, and the colors are awesome. So, in for both if they print!

paigeg

Re: Beauty Brew

I do love your illo style. Good luck!