berona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages berona
etbrandes wrote:I would vote for it if the text was using the correct "it's." Since this one is not, I don't really want to wear a spelling error.

That font didnt have the apostrophe. But I definitely dont want you to go embarrassing yourself...

spazzyhilo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spazzyhilo

I really really hope this goes up! I'm absolutely in for at least one for myself, but I'm sensing a bday present for my cat loving mom also. We both have two black cats and they are just the sweetest things!

You definitely have my vote

berona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages berona
paigeg wrote:I get that she's Franky's bride. I get that she stepped too far from the outlet. I don't get why she's dressed up (down!) like Toni Basil. I think that's where Chump was going - we're a little disconnected from your thought process, I guess. The toon itself is just wonderful - you have a great style.

I was thinking he had an issue with the concept, not the outfit. But hey...who to be more of a Franky's Bride if not "Toni Basil!" haha

cristina6934

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cristina6934
Re: Howling at the.... TOTALLY SCARED OF THE DARK NOW!?!

love it! definitely made me smile..vote!

sondt1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sondt1
Re: There's Something Weird About Timmy...

Epic epic its the little kid with the creepy scary imagination!!

sondt1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sondt1
Re: Pandalloween

Super Adorable

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Plankenstein

this is my favorite! +1

Kronos1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kronos1
ochopika wrote:...what? He was already wearing a tuxedo, half the costume was done for me!

Want!!!!!

bebba

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bebba

Nice.

madalice

quality posts: 1 Private Messages madalice
Re: Trick...

"I don't know, seems legit to me - go on and open the door..."

cruelnv

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cruelnv
tico0001 wrote:If Adorable Monstrosity is too similar to Harmless;
and Harmless is too similar to an existing shirt.
Then Adorable Monstrosity is too similar to existing shirt. QED.

~T

I love the logic here. Using that same logic, if I assumed that milk is similar to curdled milk, and curdled milk is similar to cottage cheese, then pouring a bit of cottage cheese into my coffee should have the same results as using milk, right?

This design *is* similar to Harmless, but that doesn't mean that this shirt should be rejected on account of that. It also doesn't mean it shouldn't. BUT this is a different shirt, and it's up to woot to decide if it's "too similar."

(Side note: There are certain things I like about this shirt more than other, similar shirts... but I'm not so crazy about the "noms.")

My own 2¢ and a candycorn...

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other user(s). Please keep in mind that these are only opinions and should not be inherently considered as factual statements. Thank you.

cruelnv

Re: commitment

Just the right level of disturbing. Nice execution. GMV

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other user(s). Please keep in mind that these are only opinions and should not be inherently considered as factual statements. Thank you.

kahly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kahly
redheadchels wrote:are these supposed to be ghosts? they look a bit like they're looking for a female egg to impregnate

LOL!!!So true

cruelnv

Re: Not NEVERmore...

I'm not a huge fan of the placement (I prefer to wear something a bit asymmetrical with shirt designs), but this is well done. Nice work. =)

cruelnv

Re: Spoiler Graveyard

This is great (in a horrible sort of way). I saw a few that I knew, but I had to look away in fear that I'd ruin something I didn't know; a very scary shirt indeed. ;)

(I'm I allowed to vote on a shirt that I wouldn't be able to look at if I bought it??)

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
walmazan wrote:HAHAHA! That is funny!

Thank you, Wences!

tico0001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tico0001
cruelnv wrote:I love the logic here. Using that same logic, if I assumed that milk is similar to curdled milk, and curdled milk is similar to cottage cheese, then pouring a bit of cottage cheese into my coffee should have the same results as using milk, right?

ummh... no. Your logic is very flawed (mine is fine). You start with an assumption: "if I assumed that milk is similar to curdled milk". I didn't start with an assumption, I started with a fact: Woot rejected "Harmless" for being too similar to an existing shirt.

So in the end your result is just an assumption... mine is a logical fact.

AND, in the end you swapped "similar" to "same". So I can fix your statement by changing it to
"pouring a bit of cottage cheese into my coffee should have SIMILAR results as using milk" and that, fellow wooter, is a fact.

~T

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

Thanks again for the continued support everyone.

I know a lot of you guys liked the Carved design, as I received a good amount of emails and woot/facebook messages about it's return to the Halloween contest. I really appreciate the interest, as always, but the design was flopping around vote wise even before it's rejection, and we ultimately decided not to bother re-subbing it again just to watch it meet the same fate. Anything an artist may submit to one of these contests is a toss up, I totally understand that, but combined with the rejection, we felt the concept behind the Carved design was most likley lost to most of the voters, and just decided not to bother.

We are going to print out some poster sized prints of Carved so Tony and I can get it on our walls next to our other horror film posters though, so it's not a total loss.

Again, thank you guys, and Happy Halloween!

jspaziante

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jspaziante
Re: The Body Shop

This is phenomenal. Love the "Peanuts" reference with the "The doctor is in" sign.

ibeehachi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ibeehachi
Re: Dress Up Time

This is my favorite shirt design of yours! I really hope you win

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64
Re: Haunted Scarecrow

I really like your choices for colors, they suit Halloween very well.

cobaltgrl

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cobaltgrl

Love the character, the font and the position of the text is lacking though. It could have really made this design.

joelongbow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joelongbow
brerfunk wrote:I'm loving the lighting on this

Thanks, I like the way it turned out too.

joelongbow

paigeg wrote:Niiiice. I need to buy one for my friend, who never, EVER puts her damned phone down.

Haha yeah I know a few people like that too. Only several hundred more votes and it'll be available to buy

scullyjones

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scullyjones
Re: Owl O'Lantern

Oh this is fantastic! I really hope it gets printed!!!!

joelongbow

Re: The Body Shop

This one is fantastic - I cant stop laughing about that nurse.

camkendell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages camkendell
Re: Stale Candy Haul

well, I liked it anyway... haha

wasdexdee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wasdexdee
Re: The New Unicorn

This is something I would really like to have year round! A lot of the shirts are way too time-sensitive. This one is just about kitties being discriminated against.

gardengnomes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gardengnomes
Re: Slow Death

Absolutely love this shirt. I'm going to like beg for this. xD

Also, how do you do that like shading thing with all those dots? Could someone explain? :S

jules72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jules72
Re: Owl O'Lantern

I want to say clever, so I will. However, clever doesn't quite cover it, so I will also say beautiful. I really want this shirt. You have my vote!

SJulian1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SJulian1
ittybittyx wrote:Snip

Voting for something you like and want to buy is fine. But there is a substantial amount of Ramyb voters that only give him support to watch people flip out over his designs being printed, and they do so with no intention of actually purchasing the shirt. I don't think as many of Ramyb's shirts would be printed, if such people weren't voting.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
gardengnomes wrote:Absolutely love this shirt. I'm going to like beg for this. xD

Also, how do you do that like shading thing with all those dots? Could someone explain? :S

Like, Google "halftones in photoshop", and like, click around.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
SJulian1 wrote:Voting for something you like and want to buy is fine. But there is a substantial amount of Ramyb voters that only give him support to watch people flip out over his designs being printed, and they do so with no intention of actually purchasing the shirt. I don't think as many of Ramyb's shirts would be printed, if such people weren't voting.

citation needed.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: Night of the Unwanted Candy (RESUB)

Aww, I love those little strawberry hard candies!

emptyplatitudes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emptyplatitudes
Re: The Unusual Suspects

oh, i think that is what they say when they show this movie on USA: "give me the keys, you frankensteinmonster"

emptyplatitudes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emptyplatitudes
Re: Ghost Grinder V.2

a halloween derby with a turtle, bunny, penguin, and a kitty cat in the fog. at least you're still making shirts drakxxx.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
SJulian1 wrote:Voting for something you like and want to buy is fine. But there is a substantial amount of Ramyb voters that only give him support to watch people flip out over his designs being printed, and they do so with no intention of actually purchasing the shirt. I don't think as many of Ramyb's shirts would be printed, if such people weren't voting.

Considering my sales record versus that of many other artists, I think your argument is pretty weak. If you are concerned about people voting but not purchasing, you should be looking elsewhere.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
bebba wrote:Nice.

I would hope you think it's nice since it's your submission. Nice, however, does not equal original.

claranorth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages claranorth
Re: Demons' Coming

She picked the wrong hallway to walk down.

Westlyftw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Westlyftw
emptyplatitudes wrote:a halloween derby with a turtle, bunny, penguin, and a kitty cat in the fog. at least you're still making shirts drakxxx.

Well, he's making art for potential shirts still, but thats about it. Another drakxxless Halloween here at woot it seems, unless we get surprised by a Hallowoot daily from him.