Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Westlyftw wrote:Well, he's making art for potential shirts still, but thats about it. Another drakxxless Halloween here at woot it seems, unless we get surprised by a Hallowoot daily from him.

This is actually the design we submitted for consideration as a Halloween daily print, so sorry, no surprises from me this year. Thanks though!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: MONSTRotreme

I really thought this would be up top this week. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Super fun.

innuendopanda

quality posts: 22 Private Messages innuendopanda
Re: Beware of the Raisins

I don't know what's worse. The house that gave out raises, or the ones that gave you a few pennies.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: The Unusual Suspects

You need to pull this down and re-sub on a shirt template. It will be rejected. Also, is the text part of the design, or no?

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
collinvh wrote:Not really striking me as a halloween shirt.

I think it's cool that it references Halloween (and why pets bite people!), but is also wearable all year. I like it.

mdoyle1268

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdoyle1268
Re: Demons' Coming

If it was just her walking towards the door with the spider above it I would be all about it. Maybe change the top left to just some glowing eyes.

anniem2975

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anniem2975

Love everything about this shirt the red POPS against the Black.. Is this the same designer that did the Red Heart Queen looking in the Mirror? The demon could be less childish maybe just a pair of glowing eyes behind a picture ..

nicstx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nicstx
Re: Hipster Pumpkin

this would have been perfect for my mustache party last week!

anniem2975

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anniem2975

Awesome This one gets my Vote My daughter would Love it.. I Vote YES!! & I would Buy it :D

jnorah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnorah
Re: That's My Boy v.1

Not puppy love. Dad or MOM loves the Pup.

catcatattack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catcatattack
Re: There's Something Weird About Timmy...

This is awesome. I just registered in the hopes I can figure out how to vote for it!

jnorah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnorah
Re: a Step in the WRONG direction

I voted for you because I like your art. Yes it is true especially here that you have be able to covey a meaning or purpose for the work.

I will vote for art for the sake of art meaning or no meaning if I like it. Besides you cannot please every body.

However I think I got it. She is moving in the wrong direction in more than one way. I am not sure but the way she is dressed could also be a step in the wrong direction for a recently revived monster.She is actually to young to be dressed like that. For shame on her creator for allowing that. Also yeah to far from plug. LOL

Really Like your style.

stacyw1220

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stacyw1220

I also have a dachshund who hates her hot dog costume! I <3 this shirt! So cute!

slappyalk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slappyalk
Re: Spoiler Graveyard

Extremely clever. Love it. If it wins I'll probably buy more than one. Well done.

oddlyjen

quality posts: 25 Private Messages oddlyjen
thumperchick wrote:Also, if this prints, I think it means that I will officially have more patrickspens shirts than any other artist in my woot collection...

You're not the only one with that problem.

tico0001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tico0001
rogerrogerroger wrote:i dont know much about baking. i assume this is how its done.

This is fantastic! I think it's the funniest of the derby. I'm quickly becoming an RRR fan.

~T

slappyalk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slappyalk
Re: Spoiler Graveyard

What I love about this is that I keep coming back to it in my head. Adding more characters. Imagining a film graveyard, theater graveyard.

One criticism: Women die, too. I like the suggestion of Beth. I'd add Melanie, Ruth and Leslie.

wlknlight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wlknlight
Re: Haunted Scarecrow

This is amazing. Some of your best work. Can't wait for your Alloy of Law shirt.

propertyofstp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages propertyofstp
baconnorntx wrote:Love it and my black kitty too!

I need two of this shirt.

Love it!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
yellowfinch87 wrote:Hmm, I am new to the whole world of t-shirt design. I get the idea of using same color at less dpi to give the illusion of a different color but... how? Sorry if that's a silly question.

Google 'half tones'.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

naeylonsidhe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naeylonsidhe
anniem2975 wrote:Love everything about this shirt the red POPS against the Black.. Is this the same designer that did the Red Heart Queen looking in the Mirror? The demon could be less childish maybe just a pair of glowing eyes behind a picture ..

The Two Queens was Patrickspen. He is an amazing artist and had he done this one it would have an entirely different feel to it.

I do like this one though. and I agree the red really pops and looks fantastic.

RufusRG

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RufusRG

Excellent design! I hope it makes it. I would wear this shirt all year round.

bmscurlock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmscurlock
Re: He'll Probably Be Okay

I'm not into Halloween but I would definitely wear this one.

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
Jalepenos wrote:I see what you did thar.

Thanks, Jalepenos!

mldgibberish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mldgibberish
Re: Fire Feline

Quick! Get all your friends to vote!I want this shirt!

mldgibberish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mldgibberish
Re: Who's next?

Quick! Get your friends to vote.I want one!

jjkehoe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jjkehoe

Re: The Reaper

Surprised this isn't ranked higher -- I wonder if it's because the thumbnail isn't very clear?

LOVE this! Want one!

atlanticavenue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atlanticavenue

Beautiful... reminds me of the owl in the beginning of 'Labyrinth.'

theyatemypig

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theyatemypig
Re: Trick or Squeak

Reminds me of "Le Chat Noir" - in a good way.

atlanticavenue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atlanticavenue

I LOVE your characters! Unfortunately I think the background takes over the design. I wish it were a bit less busy.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: MONSTRotreme

This is a great idea! It makes perfect sense.

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Re: I Want Candy

i logged in just to vote for this

icymallard

Re: Mirror, Mirror

That is pretty awesome.

icymallard

Haha, these debates are quite inevitable. I remember when I first discovered shirt.woot and I saw a ramyb shirt I was like WOO! PUMPKINS! THATS CUTE and looks really good.

I bought a couple of them and i thought they were cute and wore them and sometimes people would comment and tell me they think the shirt is cute.

A couple months in, i started seeing a cute ramyb shirt just about every other week in the fog. I stopped buying them because I already owned shirts of similar style and cuteness. There really is no substance to these shirts beyond their extremely quick-to-please cutesy style. So i voted for other shirts i thought were clever and good looking in hopes that other wooters would like them too.

About 100-150 weeks in, I realized that if Ramyb submits a cute shirt.. the battle is over.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with liking cute shirts and there certainly isn't anything wrong with submitting cute shirts for money; but it's just not the type of community i would like to be in.

I think the frustration for me isn't really with the money or the cutesy shirts, its just that when competing against a shirt of Ramyb's cutesy caliber, there is no chance. It feels as if we are discouraging artists' creativity with the popularity of such shirts.

Again, I think Rogerrogerroger is more of the type of design I'd like to wear at the moment, but in no way do I expect most wooters to agree with me.

But I think there is a lot of evidence to say this shirt required little thought of concept and I like my shirts and artists to have cleverness/depth.

I hope maybe my perspective is something I conveyed accurately. I am not going on the offensive here.

xlinder

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xlinder
Re: Trick or Treat!.... Nope, just a trick.

Best one BY FAR. I'd buy this in a heartbeat.

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
anniem2975 wrote:Awesome This one gets my Vote My daughter would Love it.. I Vote YES!! & I would Buy it :D

RufusRG wrote:Excellent design! I hope it makes it. I would wear this shirt all year round.

mldgibberish wrote:Quick! Get all your friends to vote!I want this shirt!

Thanks! It was so nice to be able to work on an entry again, I've really missed it, so I'm glad people actually like it.

rkenimer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rkenimer
Re: The Pumpkin Patch

OK, it dropped out of the fog. This is not good, we need a surprise comeback so we can have a Drakxxx and Coffeybean hallowoot, not a bunch of bunnies.

Coffeybean, please consider submitting this as a hallowoot daily, in case it doesn't win (assuming you haven't already).

Apparently it's fashionable to have a signature.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
rkenimer wrote:Coffeybean, please consider submitting this as a hallowoot daily, in case it doesn't win (assuming you haven't already).

The Hallowoot dailies were choosen awhile ago but I'd heartfully recomened submitting some dailies as well to woot. With the quality of your recent entries it's a shame they aren't get the votes needed to print. =D

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
icspots wrote:I was going to say the same thing. The sharp cutoff just looks a little odd. I mean obviously you were wanting to print to the edge and have it stop there, but even then on a real person it would still look odd. Not bad for a first entry to be at the top of the new hotness. Nice work.

I agree, sharp cutoffs and very rectangular designs often don't look as good on a shirt where the canvas extends significantly beyond the design. I was trying to find some good examples of how other artists handle the tree on the side issue, the closest to your current layout (at least, recently) would be this one. Honestly, my first entry had very similar problems. But I love the concept and the owls are beautiful!