chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
coffeybean wrote:yeah, i understand what you are saying. I usually try to just take it design by design. My first few entries were definitely more simple. These last few, including "whack-a-meerkat" from the safari derby, are the only ones that I've really gone off the deep end with detail and shading. I love doing a simple cartoon style as well. It just depends on what fits the design best. I try to hit both sides of the fence as much as possible. I'll definitely try a simple one next derby.

No worries. Just trying to be helpful and possibly comforting Regardless, of what you choose to do in the future, know that kick butt designs like the two you have in this derby will always have my full support.

dragonvt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragonvt
Re: Haunted Scarecrow

I NEED to be wearing this to give out candy on Halloween! Please print!

dragonvt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragonvt
Re: The New Unicorn

I have a black cat, and I still think this is cheesy.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
coffeybean wrote:yeah, i understand what you are saying. I usually try to just take it design by design. My first few entries were definitely more simple. These last few, including "whack-a-meerkat" from the safari derby, are the only ones that I've really gone off the deep end with detail and shading. I love doing a simple cartoon style as well. It just depends on what fits the design best. I try to hit both sides of the fence as much as possible. I'll definitely try a simple one next derby.

Just wanted to say that I too am really loving your work :D. It can be very tricky to grasp the right cartoon style to do well here, and I think you've done it! I especially like your shading work and composition. Cant wait to see more!

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza
thumperchick wrote:Why not throw in a coning joke too?

Sketched one late, but did not complete...

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza
j5 wrote:Nice joke, but if it wins, I'll kill a kitten.

If this design saved at least one kitten, then it was all worth it.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: The New Unicorn

@akayeh - I will try to remember to beware the dilute calico!
PS. I'm pretty sure my black kitty (rescued) is a Bombay based on her looks and personality.

@rikasmom - Yes they do!:D

@spazzyhilo - Thanks! And they are the sweetest - though sometimes hard to see in low light;)

@wasdexdee - That's what I was going for - I'm not really a fan of shirts that only can be worn a short amount of time. Thanks!

@runnerfrog13 - It is so sad, makes me want to go adopt more kitties! hehe Midnight and Midnight 2.

@baconnorntx - thanks fellow black kittyer!

@propertyofstp - Glad to hear it, thanks!

Vote!

phillygurl1025

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phillygurl1025
Re: Over it

Ah I want it so bad! I say meh all the time!!! :D +1!!!!

nabesmer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nabesmer
Re: Night of the Txting Ded

I gotta say I'm not getting why this isn't higher in the ranks. The art work alone should place it higher but add that it makes a great shirt and is clever to boot. I almost missed this one, maybe a more eye catching thumbnail would have helped this one along.

caravaggio52

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caravaggio52

Well it certainly scares me.

/Diabetic

nabesmer

fossilgirl1 wrote:Love the horse's face! GMV

Personally it's the expression on the decapitated head that had me laughing my butt off! Love it! Wish it was on black but it's still gmv!

nabesmer

Re: Plankenstein

I don't really "get" planking (apparently I'm just that far behind the times) but puns are always a good time. I found this wildly amusing, well done!

dooomcat

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dooomcat

I haven't been keen on a lot of your stuff but I love this, the atmosphere is great and the lighting rocks and I thought for sure this would print considering the theme... I wish you luck though, it's not over yet.

lilygrapetree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilygrapetree
nabesmer wrote:I gotta say I'm not getting why this isn't higher in the ranks. The art work alone should place it higher but add that it makes a great shirt and is clever to boot. I almost missed this one, maybe a more eye catching thumbnail would have helped this one along.

Yeah. I agree. Having said that I only noticed it now, through your comment on the forum. Cool shirt though.

omninull

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omninull

Oh, another ramyb design featuring a carnivorous bunny. This isn't even ironic anymore.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Plankenstein

Kinda looks like franken Stein-Henge!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Soulmates

interesting idea!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

psluck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psluck
rglee129 wrote:Lots of fun! Great Halloween shirt, very well done.

I LOVE THIS!! I'm a middle school math teacher and would definitely want one...vote people, vote!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Slow Death

I wonder if the death of fast things is a cheetah or a hummingbird?

Cool design D! :^)

tonythai1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonythai1981
cowboyphil wrote:They are disgruntled because they went to Wall Street and Congress and didn't find any brains.

Haha good one!

chumpmagic

Re: Howling at the.... TOTALLY SCARED OF THE DARK NOW!?!

Thanks everyone. Glad to hear that you enjoyed this design!

chumpmagic

Re: Graveyard Smash

Thanks everyone! Almost time to start dusting off that Monster Mash record, huh?

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
dooomcat wrote:I find I often over think the derbies too much and spend a ton of time on concepts no one is interested in... so turtles and bunnies.

Hah! I see what you did there.

It's missing the chubbiness and beady eyed face like a baby.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
bebba wrote:The "nice" was a reply to the first comment. Second, don't be a hater.

Don't be a jerkface. It's not my fault you can't quote or search google images.

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
Re: Ghost Grinder V.2

Drakxx, after not voting on anything in a derby for probably over a year, this one is great. I hope it prints...

Westlyftw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Westlyftw
Drakxxx wrote:This is actually the design we submitted for consideration as a Halloween daily print, so sorry, no surprises from me this year. Thanks though!

berona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages berona
yankeebird wrote:Don't be a jerkface. It's not my fault you can't quote or search google images.

Those that can, do. Those that can't, complain.

I know thats not original either...just appropriate.
great work on the Shirt. GMV

dooomcat

catcatattack wrote:This is awesome. I just registered in the hopes I can figure out how to vote for it!

Awww! Thanks cat! Love the name by the way.

aerin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aerin
Re: The Pumpkin Patch

I can't believe this fell out of the fog! I love this design, dang it!

dooomcat

ChronoSquall14 wrote:This shirt is the best representation of cuteness and just the right amount of holiday creepiness without being over the top or even the slightest bit morbid. The shadow reminds me almost of the opening credits to My Neighbor Totoro, but, you know, spooky.

Crossing my fingers for a miracle. My favorite derby entry, I'd love to buy it for my son.

Thanks Chrono, I drew it with my sons in mind

jessierahl

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jessierahl
Re: He'll Probably Be Okay

Francis is the red zombie.

Just sayin'.

Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire. Deserve victory. Tagla vassternich.

reganrabbit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reganrabbit
Re: Nice Mask!

didn't expect this one to do this poorly. I know there's a lot of stiff competition out there this week and I'm happy with how my other ones did, but in the spirit of betterment (it's a word), would any wooters like to offer thoughts?

Do people really hate gingers this much not to vote?!

Is it the blue shirt?

Too square a composition?

Thanks, each derby I think I get closer to figuring the voters out.

aar0n5150

quality posts: 3 Private Messages aar0n5150
manikx66 wrote:and as for a 5th i was a total loss. any suggestions :P

Shaving cream? Silly string?

Great shirt btw.

reganrabbit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reganrabbit
Re: Support the ACPA!

there's also the dreaded banana suit for my other dog... oh the shame...

collinvh

quality posts: 63 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Night of the Txting Ded

I really like your concept and execution. +1

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
akayeh wrote:<<<

I would suggest a thesaurus for your shelter. "Ebony" would be a beautiful name for a long lanky cat. Teak or Mahagony might be fun too. All those fun dark colors.

I believe we've done nearly all the synonyms of black out there, multiple times, in various spellings! Ebony, Midnight, Sharpie, Inky, Coal... Nobody will let me name a black one Rorschach, evidently it's too hard to spell... We don't name 'em all on colors, though - Basil, Bear, Isis & Armani are some of our other black cats.

prt19657

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prt19657

so cute.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Nekkochan wrote:I believe we've done nearly all the synonyms of black out there, multiple times, in various spellings! Ebony, Midnight, Sharpie, Inky, Coal... Nobody will let me name a black one Rorschach, evidently it's too hard to spell... We don't name 'em all on colors, though - Basil, Bear, Isis & Armani are some of our other black cats.

I was naming non-black synonym names on purpose, in case that adds another odd 'cuteness' factor... like I wouldn't imagine a black cat being named jellybean, but it definitely adds the cute!

Vote!

lepyan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lepyan
peterstenhouse14 wrote:excellent!

Thanks

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
BootsBoots wrote:They all gonna DIE.

BOOTS IS TRYING TO KILL ME. HALP!

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.