chadhuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chadhuck
Re: Ghost Grinder V.2

Voted for this 'cause it's great, but you NEED to get Carved going again - that one is awesome!

rizukamper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rizukamper
Re: Quoth

It kinda looks like Quoth *ate* the Death of Rats...

hoverchairstudios

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoverchairstudios

Wow! Thanks Robert! I'll wear my "best loser" badge with honor

thatrobert wrote:

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • Look there's James Lipton discussing the oeuvre of Mr. Rob Schneider.

joelongbow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joelongbow
Re: Night of the Txting Ded

Hey thanks for the kudos everyone, I'll try to come up with something more eye catching thumbnail-wise for the next one

jeremyjenk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeremyjenk
aerin wrote:I can't believe this fell out of the fog! I love this design, dang it!

Same here, easily one of my favorites.

vzfamily

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vzfamily

I love, love, love this one!! Really hope it prints - I love when there's one I really want for me instead of just the hubby all of the time!

mattnv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattnv
Re: The Pumpkin Patch

I can't believe this shirt fell out of the fog

I really hope it benefits from a surge of late votes because it deserves to be printed. The colouring is wonderful - art, shirt, everything. I love it.

Good luck, coffeybean!

vzfamily

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vzfamily
Re: Dress Up Time

How adorable - I'll be in for 3 if it would print - one for me and one for each of my daughters - they'd love it!

rachy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachy
manikx66 wrote:yeah i was trying to think of a couple more. a friend suggested a flaming bag of poo but i couldnt think of a good way to convey that. and as for a 5th i was a total loss. any suggestions :P

The flaming brown bag would have been great! There is also the shaving cream (or even spray paint if you want to get really mean). Saran wrap is always a classic to use on cars. It would have been great to see the lawn flamingo too. Those are just a few ideas if you ever want to modify and try again. I give you massive awesome points for the concept though. Love it!

dewitch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dewitch
Re: Deja Vu?

This is really cute - I would wear one of these

*~* The moon is my silver - The sun is my gold *~*

dewitch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dewitch
Re: Haunted Scarecrow

This is totally awesome! I want one!

*~* The moon is my silver - The sun is my gold *~*

kiriana86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiriana86
Re:Stay dead Get back in your grave

I definitely agree, the final change I say it should have it death actually saying "Stay dead!" and maybe make the motion of the scythe a little more obvious. Then I'd love to have this shirt. Awesome idea!

Pheline

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pheline
Re: Who's in there?

I can't get the full design to load. :-(

Pheline

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pheline
brockart wrote:I don't know about innocent... That cat is clearly up to something sneaky

The cat is a cat is a cat. Doesn't an ulterior motive go without saying? My cat, OTOH, is lying at my feet innocent, sweet. Lazy.

mspace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mspace

PLEASE let me know if this prints ANYWHERE. Thanks . . .

Re: Owl O'Lantern

samalamalove

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samalamalove

Oh gosh this is amazing. ;A;

(SHUT UP AND) TAKE MY MONEY!!

Jessara

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Jessara
Re: Owl O'Lantern

VERY nice, good fresh concept and beautifully done. I want it! -also want an OwlOLantern, Woot, so how about adding one to your Shirtoberfest?

ty044

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ty044
mattnv wrote:I can't believe this shirt fell out of the fog

I really hope it benefits from a surge of late votes because it deserves to be printed. The colouring is wonderful - art, shirt, everything. I love it.

Good luck, coffeybean!

If this shirt doesn't print, humanity fails.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: Moonrise Surprise

The style is great and I love the colors! I'm really surprised this didn't do better...

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Fire Feline

I love how expressive your lines are here. The heat of the flames and the void of the cat's shape.

Great work! GMV.

erina7262

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erina7262
Re: Adorable Monstrosity

Among many reasons why I would never wear this shirt...
The mouth is a full on camel toe. I can't un-see it.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
erina7262 wrote:
The mouth is a full on camel toe. I can't un-see it.

Now I can't unsee this. Anyone know where the bucket of brain bleach is hiding?

I'm just hanging out, really.

LoreHera

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LoreHera
Re: The Angels Have the Phonebook

This was one of the first two shirts I voted for this derby, and may well be my favorite. It is hilarious! S.M. Writes the best episodes, and the Angels are my fave race! I really really hope this gets made!!!!!

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
Re: The Hungry Dead

I love the expression on the ghost's face, however I'm not big on the (unintentional?) poop allusion...oh well, I might be excessively picky from that standpoint.

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
Spiritgreen wrote:I love how expressive your lines are here. The heat of the flames and the void of the cat's shape.

Great work! GMV.

Thank you! Means a lot from a seasoned and talented artist.

manikx66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manikx66
rachy wrote:The flaming brown bag would have been great! There is also the shaving cream (or even spray paint if you want to get really mean). Saran wrap is always a classic to use on cars. It would have been great to see the lawn flamingo too. Those are just a few ideas if you ever want to modify and try again. I give you massive awesome points for the concept though. Love it!

ok i will take those into consideration if nothing happens with this and redo it. what do you do with a lawn flamingo though????

enesvy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enesvy
Re: There's Something Weird About Timmy...

I clicked on this one because the title with the thumbnail made me curious. And then who should it be, but dooomcat! This is a great one!

You're messin' with my zen thing, man.

JBen42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JBen42
Re: The Angels Have the Phonebook

This makes me happier than anything should on a Thursday.

enesvy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enesvy
Re: The Body Shop

LOVE the nurse! :D

You're messin' with my zen thing, man.

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
jasneko wrote:I was naming non-black synonym names on purpose, in case that adds another odd 'cuteness' factor... like I wouldn't imagine a black cat being named jellybean, but it definitely adds the cute!

I mentioned the idea to one of the other volunteers yesterday, and she was all for it. Now I need to get the staff on board! We got a passel of 3-week-old black kittens the other day & they're Wishful, Willful, Whisper, and some other W names.

mattnv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattnv

This is a definite purchase. Absolutely love the style and colouring.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Nekkochan wrote:I mentioned the idea to one of the other volunteers yesterday, and she was all for it. Now I need to get the staff on board! We got a passel of 3-week-old black kittens the other day & they're Wishful, Willful, Whisper, and some other W names.

Those are sweet names too. Though willfull might make me think twice;)
That's great the volunteer was all for it... hope the staff goes for it and the cute naming helps the black kitties find good homes! I keep thinking about what you wrote about them getting adopted last...really sad!

PS. Not that I advise these as names, but my black kitten in the shelter was named 'Cairo' (since changed), her black and white sister was named 'Barcelona' (also changed), and another sister 'Prague'(adopted by someone else).

cruelnv

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cruelnv
joelongbow wrote:Nice nice, is this what happens if you leave milk and cookies out too long?

No, this is what happens to any cookies that Santa didn't finish the year before.

...maybe this is what you're supposed to leave out for Jack Skellington?

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other user(s). Please keep in mind that these are only opinions and should not be inherently considered as factual statements. Thank you.

brerfunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brerfunk
Re: Deadlocked

Thanks for the votes!

crapface

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crapface
Re: Spoiler Graveyard

+1 just for the Dark Tower reference.

neinahpets

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neinahpets
cherylfrancis wrote:This is a perfect submission for this derby. I realize the theme is Halloween but seriously, how many people are going to be wearing jack-o-lantern shirts in March? This is creepy enough to be Halloween, yet comfortable enough to wear every day.

Exactly the reason I hope it makes it up top or at least near enough it becomes a daily woot.

☆ In ars veritas ☆

chaosxkitten

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chaosxkitten
Re: Spoiler Graveyard

AH! I haven't gotten that far in GoT !!!!! FRAK

crazydoglady

quality posts: 4 Private Messages crazydoglady
ittybittyx wrote:1. I can't believe you took the time to figure out how much this guy makes

Ummm…. It didn’t really take a lot of time… Believe me, I am not a math nerd (more of a math nerd groupie) but I can handle simple addition, multiplication by 2, and “guessing”. So current numbers (thanks Narkcake):

Narfcake wrote:In the current reckoning ...
- Couldn’t Care Less Bear, 2nd place in the derby, 1002 votes, 4097 sales and counting.
- Cell Division, 30th place in the DT derby, 306 votes, 5090 sales and counting.
- Morning Powerup, 2nd place in the derby, 690 votes, 6778 sales and counting.

Recently reckoned ...
- I’m Just Doing My Job, 3rd place in the derby, 963 votes, 2078 sold.
- Substitute Teacher, 2nd place in the derby, 803 votes, 4268 sold.
- Red Revenge, 3rd place in the derby, 823 votes, 3847 sold.
- Funny Things are Everywhere, 1st place in the derby, 1149 votes, 5720 sold.
- Seasons, 1st place in the derby, 942 votes, 4591 sold.
- Aztec Sunset, 1st place in the derby, 854 votes, 6013 sold.

Those are the numbers.

If I remember Narfcakes calculations for Binge correctly, an artist gets $1000 commission for every derby win and $2 per shirt except for shirts sold on the day it premiers and during woot-offs. As previously stated, I’m not a math nerd but even doing this in the laziest possible way... Let’s just assume that each shirt sold a total of 1000 on the day it premiered and subsequent woot-offs combined (reasonable because none of the shirts listed has really huge sales). So subtract 1000 from each of the total sales numbers and add the result. I got 33,482 shirts x $2 = $66,964. And that’s not counting the commission for each of the 9 shirts listed or whatever is earned during a woot-off, so that is probably a conservative number. And that’s for shirts appearing in the last 6 months (8 months?) reckonings. Nope, that didn’t take long at all 

And don’t lump me with the haters – I have consistently said that I believe that Ramy is incredibly talented, that he knows what will sell… I even called him a marketing genius once. And yes, I’ve seen some pretty nit-picky complaints about his designs (someone didn’t like that Cell Divisions arms are coming out of where the ears would be - it’s a cell!!!) But let’s look at Red Revenge – on an otherwise anatomically correct drawing of a woman, one foot is turned out to the side at a 90 degree angle but the knee of that same leg is facing forward. That’s as lazy as my math!!

I was trying to make the point that, even though the commodity is “artistic talent”, Ramy is a professional. If I hire a professional to install new cupboards in my kitchen I expect a polished, professional looking finished product; if I hire the guy next door because I like him and he’s giving me a good deal, I will accept a little less. I don’t own any Ramy shirts because (personally) I don’t think he is putting out professional level work.

Full disclosure: I’m in one of those social services field and I tend to look at things from that perspective. Ramy is young and incredibly talented and making some pretty good money, but if his derby submissions are any indication he is not feeling any incentive to grow and learn. I don’t presume to know what he is capable of and maybe Woot is just a pass-time to him while he pursues greater goals (hell, Renee Zellweger waited tables in a topless bar while she was attending UT) but I think it’s a shame that his flock of voters “enables” him so that he stalls out at just “really good”.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
cherylfrancis wrote:This is a perfect submission for this derby. I realize the theme is Halloween but seriously, how many people are going to be wearing jack-o-lantern shirts in March?

Totally, I mean why should the Halloween derby be about Halloween? I should be able to buy a cute bunny shirt in every derby no matter what. I know that Halloween comes only once a year, but it's just too much.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

katewestrich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katewestrich
Nekkochan wrote:I want this one, not for Halloween, but to wear to the shelter, where black cats always get adopted last - and we can't adopt them out in October.

I was thinking the same thing! This shirt would be great to sell to animal rescues. I know several people at mine would wear this!