mavkato

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mavkato
jasneko wrote:purrr.

I love the design. We have a black cat named Edgar that has green eyes just like the picture. He is the friendliest cat I have ever seen. Every Halloween my wife gets excited about all the stuff with "Edgars" on it, and wants to buy them all. She also wants to adopt all of the little black kitties out there, and would if we had the space.

sacrerouge

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sacrerouge
Re: Candy Cat

I didn't see this until after the derby was done, but I just wanted to tell you that it's really neat

rivetheart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rivetheart
Re: getting ready

NOOOOOOO! how did this not make it to the fog?!!?!!?!? im so sad

CVBrennan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CVBrennan
Re: He'll Probably Be Okay

am i the only one who keeps thinking masturbate when glancing at the tee?

CVBrennan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CVBrennan
Re: Beware of the Raisins

i hate raisins so much i could never wear this shirt... which in a way proves that this shirt is awesome...

bsrickman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsrickman
Re: Beetle-Juice

Seriously, made me laugh!!!

ratacate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ratacate
ressamac wrote:Thank you, Wences!

i realllly hope this makes it. Its so cute, there are not enough rat/mice shirts out there.

jokerqueenhq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jokerqueenhq
Re: Halloween. Do the math.

I love this! It's very creative and accurate. =)

jokerqueenhq

Re: Halloween. Do the math.

I love this! It's very creative and accurate. =)

jokerqueenhq

Re: Deja Vu?

This is adorable, I would wear it as well.

jokerqueenhq

Re: Trick or Tree!

Haha, I like your concept. The "Et, tu, Brute" really amplifies your message.

tdziekan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tdziekan
Re: The Usual Pumpkins

best one

mldgibberish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mldgibberish
Re: Fire Feline

I'm so sorry;obviously many of the brain dead have been let loose and allowed to vote....

aerin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aerin
Re: The Pumpkin Patch

Woo hoo, back in the fog! Now lets just hope it's in the top 3!!

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
erina7262 wrote:Among many reasons why I would never wear this shirt...
The mouth is a full on camel toe. I can't un-see it.

Cameltoe...and it is bleeding....Oh dear.

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

melfox86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages melfox86
Re: The New Unicorn

I'm in the midst of adopting a kitten right now- and this shirt makes me drift toward the black ones! Regardless of what color cat, or even if you have a cat, this is wonderful. I would wear this all the time.

aunteah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aunteah
reganrabbit wrote:didn't expect this one to do this poorly. I know there's a lot of stiff competition out there this week and I'm happy with how my other ones did, but in the spirit of betterment (it's a word), would any wooters like to offer thoughts?

Do people really hate gingers this much not to vote?!

Is it the blue shirt?

Too square a composition?

Thanks, each derby I think I get closer to figuring the voters out.

For me it was too much blue. Now typically I'm not a hater of blue, but somehow blue doesn't seem to be very Halloweeny to me.

kassr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kassr

Love Jan Leppert's design!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jenihana

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jenihana
Re: The New Unicorn

This looks just like my kitty, Peanut! I'm glad that this shirt can be worn year-round, though as a Halloween baby, I feel like I can wear Halloween shirts whenever, right? :P

queenmob

quality posts: 8 Private Messages queenmob
thatrobert wrote:

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • Look there's James Lipton discussing the oeuvre of Mr. Rob Schneider.

YAY!!!!

illustration: www.jung-comics.com
shirts: www.jung-shirts.com

laureneshapiro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laureneshapiro
manikx66 wrote:ok i will take those into consideration if nothing happens with this and redo it. what do you do with a lawn flamingo though????

i was wondering the same thing! i'd like to see the silly string / shaving cream in there too. your designs are great btw. thanks!

Thealmightypengy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Thealmightypengy
Re: Vampenguin

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

gcoy8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gcoy8

classic horror look ftw!

nyenna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nyenna
Re: Vampenguin

Editor's choice? It's so epic. :C

Not buying any more shirts until they bring back AA.

thumperchick

quality posts: 241 Private Messages thumperchick

Adelas

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas
chrixie wrote:AAAAAAAH I LOVE IT

Would love to see this on redbubble....!

kidwhitney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kidwhitney
Re: Devil Child

I like it. It's cute and halloween enough

kidwhitney

kidwhitney

Re: I Want Candy

I think this design will looks great on T-shirt. Very colorful~very cute!

kidwhitney

kidwhitney

Re: The Usual Pumpkins

So cozy...I will wear it as a sleeping tee~

kidwhitney

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
melfox86 wrote:I'm in the midst of adopting a kitten right now- and this shirt makes me drift toward the black ones! Regardless of what color cat, or even if you have a cat, this is wonderful. I would wear this all the time.

Black cats have the best personalities! And remember, the world's best cat toy is another cat - take two, they're small!

Best black cat name ever, "Hoschech Mizraim," Hebrew for "the blackness of Egypt."

Witz42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Witz42
tgentry wrote:That was quick!

Make sure your address is up to date and we'll send you your very own flying, screaming Woot monkey!

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
Nekkochan wrote:
Best black cat name ever, "Hoschech Mizraim," Hebrew for "the blackness of Egypt."

Replying to myself to clarify, this phrase refers to the plague of darkness, and is not any kind of racial comment.

kenziepie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenziepie
Re: He'll Probably Be Okay

HAHA. the best!

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
icymallard wrote:Haha, these debates are quite inevitable. I remember when I first discovered shirt.woot and I saw a ramyb shirt I was like WOO! PUMPKINS! THATS CUTE and looks really good.

I bought a couple of them and i thought they were cute and wore them and sometimes people would comment and tell me they think the shirt is cute.

A couple months in, i started seeing a cute ramyb shirt just about every other week in the fog. I stopped buying them because I already owned shirts of similar style and cuteness. There really is no substance to these shirts beyond their extremely quick-to-please cutesy style. So i voted for other shirts i thought were clever and good looking in hopes that other wooters would like them too.

About 100-150 weeks in, I realized that if Ramyb submits a cute shirt.. the battle is over.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with liking cute shirts and there certainly isn't anything wrong with submitting cute shirts for money; but it's just not the type of community i would like to be in.

I think the frustration for me isn't really with the money or the cutesy shirts, its just that when competing against a shirt of Ramyb's cutesy caliber, there is no chance. It feels as if we are discouraging artists' creativity with the popularity of such shirts.

Again, I think Rogerrogerroger is more of the type of design I'd like to wear at the moment, but in no way do I expect most wooters to agree with me.

But I think there is a lot of evidence to say this shirt required little thought of concept and I like my shirts and artists to have cleverness/depth.

I hope maybe my perspective is something I conveyed accurately. I am not going on the offensive here.

*thumbs up*

that was fun while it lasted!

draigun

quality posts: 22 Private Messages draigun
Re: Adorable Monstrosity

hahahahahaha! That bunny has his mouth on a skull.. and it says "OM NOM NOM" underneath!! That's so clever and original that this clearly needs a vote.

deltax20a

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deltax20a
SJulian1 wrote:Voting for something you like and want to buy is fine. But there is a substantial amount of Ramyb voters that only give him support to watch people flip out over his designs being printed, and they do so with no intention of actually purchasing the shirt. I don't think as many of Ramyb's shirts would be printed, if such people weren't voting.

My opinion is two-fold, being a veteran shirt.woot member with a very /large/ collection of shirts from probably a dozen artists, I can understand those who are frustrated by Ramy's success and how they perceive shirt.woot members to be small-minded when it comes to simply voting up cute designs to sell, but that's simply not true. Ramy isn't the only artist to sell "cute" designs, and actually I can think of at least five or six artists that draw similar styles and sell very well. But there are also other artists that draw different styles that also sell well, and the rules change each week to give these folks a level field and a chance to make a good design. My presence here is simply a vote and ten bucks, I'm not an artist, I have no talent for what these people do, unless the next derby is "Photoshop Creations" you won't see my name in there, so cut these folks a little bit of slack when it comes to putting out designs you might like and you might want to buy.

That said though, I really would have liked to see something else come from your entry this week Ramy.It's not the style for me here, it's that we've all seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail a hundred times, you could have dug deeper after that rejection. (which I'm not sure why that was rejected?) Plenty of other Haloween-related material to choose from.

katreenz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katreenz
ramyb wrote:Out of all my designs this year, I would say about 30% fall into the category of "cute, beady-eyed animals."

62%, actually. And that's just going from the thumbnails.

kazen117

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kazen117

this is brilliant. a perfect send-up of old movie posters. classic and witty. I really want this shirt. like... REALLY want it.

whonation

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whonation
Re: Candy in a Flash.

So sad this didn't do better, as it really was a wonderfully drawn interesting tee.

I hope the "Best Loser Award!" means that you might get this printed somewhere else- when you're legally allowed to by Woot!

whonation

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whonation
MadamAtom wrote:Bwahahaha!

... what's with the bridge in the background? Anyway, GMV. That's too hilarious.

*I* thought the 'bridge' was a gate to the local Cemetery.