+ Add a Comment

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2

This design is the love-child of Walmazan and I. Walmazan did his amazing character work and I shaded/colored it. Then he halftoned the hell out of it.

I hope you guys like it.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: A Monster Breakfast

Where's Booberry?!? I just ate some Booberry this morning. True story.

amhi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amhi
Re: The New Unicorn

I'm British, and when I was growing up, black cats were always regarded as good luck. We had a black cat, and my friends would come over and pet her just before exams. Good luck cards often showed black cats and four leaf clovers.

Sadly, I think the superstition is changing, probably due to TV, and now they're starting to be regarded as unlucky instead. Which is a shame.

Wapapaya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wapapaya
Re: Once Upon A Midnight Dreary...

Looks great, love the blood splatter used.

monkeybusiness4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeybusiness4
Re: One of the Pack

A child's imagination only tends to amplified when he puts on a costume for halloween...he feels like one of the monsters!

Thanks for the view, hope you enjoy!

coffeegrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeegrace
Re: Zombie Latte

I love it! I neeeed it! I always feel like a coffee zombie in the morning. :-)

eehad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eehad
Re: There's Something Weird About Timmy...

aww awesome! I wan't to be little timmys friend!

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
tgentry wrote:Where's Booberry?!? I just ate some Booberry this morning. True story.

I'll add him if we can have the color limit raised to 8!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

cmdixon2 wrote:I'll add him if we can have the color limit raised to 8!

Eh... Booberry tastes kind of gross anyway.

melfox86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages melfox86
Re: Spoiler Graveyard

I got 5 of them- anyone got a list of the books? This was a great idea- I'd wear this year round :-)

coffeegrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeegrace
Re: Misunderstood

I totally had a similar idea. Glad I didn't go for it because yours is awesome! :-)

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SeedUvPain
Re: Soulmates

A zombie runs into the ghost of his former self. I didn't even know the dead could split off like that

Thanks for looking!

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Re: Take one

I have waited so long for a T.S. shirt.
Pls vote for this one!!!

dijay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijay
missmelis wrote:Apropos, too, as Halloween falls on a Monday this year.

Yes!!!

DJTweekNYC

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJTweekNYC
Re: Night of the Unwanted Candy (RESUB)

After some helpful comments from friends, I decided to desaturate the color pallet and to add some typography to sort of bring the idea home. If you voted before, please vote again!

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis
Re: deadman's tree

Creepy and awesome.

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis
Leahbh wrote:This will be a great addition to my i hate raisins tshirt collection

I assume that includes the woot "raisins ruin everything" shirt... apparently shirt.wooters REALLY don't like raisins, eh?!

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
crapstick wrote:This one is over my head, I just don't get it. But you get a vote for the artwork.

The rooster startled/scared the hens, who laid their eggs! (layed?)

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
Re: Misunderstood

This makes me think of: http://youtu.be/MZjAantupsA

Now I won't be able to get that song out of my head....

hoverchairstudios

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoverchairstudios

nyxnox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nyxnox

Ned (Game of Thrones - and that was a lot of counting for unnumbered chapters); Albus (Harry Potter); Theo (no idea, but I am sure I will kick myself when someone posts it); Lenny (Of Mice and Men); Jake and Eddie (both from The Dark Tower); Boxer (Animal Farm); Earth (I thought this had to be Hitchhiker's Guide, but Earth dies in chapter 3, so someone else will have to enlighten on this one); Gatsby (The Great Gatsby); and Piggy (Lord of the Flies)

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

Thanks for the votes and comments so far.

DianaSprinkle wrote:An interesting note about text in the thumbnail encase you guys missed it.

I honestly didn't know about the ban on the text banners altogether here in the weekly contest. I remember something about animated GIFS, but I'd sooner figure out how to build a working time machine then manage to put one of those together.

If Travis or any of the other staff believes the text bar on either or both of my designs this week gives them an unfair advantage over their competition, then by all means I would accept the rejection.

igo2cairo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages igo2cairo
Re: Midnight snacks

Great work my friend!

epicfal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epicfal
Re: Beware of the Raisins

I WANT THIS SO BAD. It's a funny idea to begin with, but the old horror movie poster design makes it amazing.

nyxnox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nyxnox

Theo - is this Theoden from The Return of the King (LOTR) tsk, tsk, tsk for shortening the king's name and stumping me for a few minutes
Nice work though.

epicfal

Re: getting ready

I love your style, especially your characters' expressions. Cute lil ghosties!

epicfal

Re: The New Unicorn

This would definitely make an excellent year-round shirt. The sweetest cat I've ever met is a pure black old boy. It's sad that people are actually superstitious enough to avoid them. Makes me want to run out to a shelter and adopt a few black kitties. If only I could afford them...

epicfal

Re: I Bet That House Has The Best Candy

I love the pencil texture! And the perspective, and well, everything.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Drakxxx wrote:I honestly didn't know about the ban on the text banners altogether here in the weekly contest. I remember something about animated GIFS, but I'd sooner figure out how to build a working time machine then manage to put one of those together.

If Travis or any of the other staff believes the text bar on either or both of my designs this week gives them an unfair advantage over their competition, then by all means I would accept the rejection.

I figured you guys might not have been around for that rule. It'll be a shame to have your entries get rejected for this.

cupidsrevenge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cupidsrevenge
Re: Demon Spider

Love this! Really cool how the body of the spider looks like a mask of some type.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
DJTweekNYC wrote:After some helpful comments from friends, I decided to desaturate the color pallet and to add some typography to sort of bring the idea home. If you voted before, please vote again!

This is amazing!! +1

hoverchairstudios

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoverchairstudios

Great stuff.

Re: Midnight snacks

epicfal

ChaosDoctor07 wrote:My two complaints would be these:

1. Not sure I like the speech bubble thing (as it seems awfully small / the font, I guess?).

2.The handle end of the scythe looks, for lack of better words, off? I looks particular thick at the base, then thins out, then thickens again at the top, albeit not to the same degree as at the base.

Cannot be unseen!

cupidsrevenge

Re: The Working Dead

Reminds me of a sign I saw one time. "If you think the dead don't come back to life, you should see this place at quitting time." Very inventive. Hope it makes it.

jfsiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfsiv
cupidsrevenge wrote:Love this! Really cool how the body of the spider looks like a mask of some type.

Thank I try to make it look kick butt awesome

cupidsrevenge

Re: legalize me !

Maybe the right to die ala Kevorikian?

cupidsrevenge

labety

quality posts: 0 Private Messages labety
Re: A Monster Breakfast

Amazing work!