elmosuperman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elmosuperman
Re: Bunny Slopes

Love the slopes!

elmosuperman

Re: The Road to My Heart is Paved with Ugly Cats

This is definitely my favorite this week. Nice work!

elmosuperman

Re: Ukraine is Strong!

There are few words to describe how much this shirt makes me smile. An instant classic in my book.

Kelsium

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Kelsium
Re: Milk Milk Lemonade...

took me a second to get it, but then i started to sing the song. This is great!

needs more votes!!

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11
Re: Pirates of the QRibbean

Awesome. Made better by what it links to. I was just going to ask, but I sent it through an online decoder, and decided it was too good to share openly.

elmosuperman

megsdaisee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megsdaisee
swedishchef1 wrote:I have a fabric up for sale at Spoonflower.com that features a very similar repeating version of this design - I never got an answer on if that meant I couldn't submit it as a tee shirt, so I thought I'd throw it out there - reject away if necessary.

I have some of the fabric and am making it the back side of a doctor who pillow. LOVE IT!

berona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages berona
molslagel wrote:I love this shirt. I makes me think of my childhood because it is all true. I wish more people would vote for it. GMV.

Man, I really appreciate it. I dont know what it is but it makes me warm and fuzzy too! Thanks for the vote.

berona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages berona
jrhunter wrote:very nostalgic. And sure, I remember.. That was like.. yesterday.

truly brings meaning to the good ol days huh? Thanks for your support everyone.

jfenchel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfenchel
Re: Blueprint to Success

dope design, so old school, maybe better horizontal rather than vertical, but that probably wouldn't have fit well

ariellindz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ariellindz
Re: Hard, but not impossible

I think it would make a better wall poster than a shirt.
I don't really think a wad of scribbles is too flattering on someone's person. Plus I can't imagine how many weird stares you would get when walking past because it's not too easy to notice the little Google Maps tacks, if you will. I think this could work as a shirt if it was executed differently.
Meh, I don't know. It's in the fog so it's obvious it's really standing up here.

rachina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachina

Oh my goodness, I absolutely love this shirt. Everything about it. Except one :-(. It's still getting my vote, but I can't like the realistic-ness of the permanent marker. Don't get me wrong please though, I still love it.

jfenchel

artistofapathy wrote:Hmm, I wasn't thinking Link when I was making the Rogue, but I do see the similarities lol. I do much more digital art, which isn't very t-shirt friendly, so the Dragon head was a weak attempt at halftones. I also had a problem coloring the rogue because of this, so I just used solid colors for shading. I really have no expectations in winning, but I would like to continue to join the Derby in hopes of gaining experience in halftone t-shirt design. Thanks for the friendly comment!

It's a great design, the dragon could definitely use a little touching up but I'm sure it's far better than anything I could do. The rogue is awesome.

jfenchel

mrwednesday wrote:I'm really disappointed that this isn't doing better.

I think the problem is not too many people get it and the reference is really far down. That's what happened for me but luckily I have too much time on my hands

elliotdanko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elliotdanko
epicfal wrote:Other people have gotten the joke, and other people have voted for it. I can see it just fine.

I don't get it. What's the joke? Where is the Monster a-go-go?

dancingirl834

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dancingirl834
mitchelly wrote:The design is great, but i think it could do without the text

I second the text removal. Gorgeous design, though!

jtweetyone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jtweetyone
Re: All Too Common Road

the thumbnail doesnt do this shirt justice (by completely failing to convey the idea of the shirt).... I almost passed it by without clicking to see the full shirt.

halonoid1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages halonoid1
Re: IM THE MAP

There are quite a few rejections for maps of fictional worlds that the artist didn't create that don't even break that rule. At least Woot is being relatively consistent here, but they seem to be banning shirts for using pop culture references, despite not specifying that rule. This is a pretty generic map, as was the one in the original Waldo shirt. I've seen Dora before, and this map is not that map. Some of the rejections make sense, others, not at all. This is in the latter category.

halonoid1

Re: Not in Kansas anymore

How is this off topic? She's looking at a map.

halonoid1

Re: So Lost

If you wind up getting this printed anywhere else, let me know. I'll totally buy this.

akayeh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akayeh
Re: Four Color Theorem!

Or Idaho becomes yellow and Montana becomes green since Washington and Idaho never touch. This allows Oregon to claim red. You could let Alaska and Hawaii be stripes.

Eriebadfish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Eriebadfish
Re: Star Map

First shirt voted on in forever. Woot's average age of there users must be 17. Hey, lets have a joke on our shirt! Sorry, I'm half kidding. This is soft and elegant and still classy and modern... Love it!

apsutter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apsutter

This one is awesome and my favorite. Which makes me nervous because the shirts I like never win

apsutter

So, I've never played Risk before and am confused. Is Ukraine some infamous stronghold that if you control you win the game?

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
elliotdanko wrote:I don't get it. What's the joke? Where is the Monster a-go-go?

That's a filter. Click on "reply" on bd3d's comment and you can see his original word choice.

By the way, I can see it fine (especially when you click the big version in the link, provided for precisely that purpose) and I like it. Its clever and I love that the artist used the kelly green.

apsutter

I am out 10 bucks if this baby prints! I loved almost everything listed as I read it and then I got to "being right" and it became a perfect match. Also, who doesnt love a good dinosaur in a hat? Also, your dino drawing is awesome!!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: So Lost

Thanks halonoid1, will do!

Cheers blinddog3d. :^)

ty044

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ty044
Re: IM THE MAP

Just less sales, from me at least. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

There's 2 rejects I'd have likely bought. There's nothing in the fog that interests me in the slightest.

tonythai1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonythai1981
collinvh wrote:I know it's late but I couldn't leave this idea alone. Thanks for viewing, please vote.

Great idea! If only you got it in sooner. I'm voting for it anyway.

Dolemite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dolemite

Message bottles you!

Re: In Soviet Russia...

DownEast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DownEast
omarfeliciano wrote:I wanted to say it but I didn't wanted to sound like and A**H***.

Don't get me wrong, I like the concept behind your design, but... it's not a map.

Websters defines 'map' as:
a : a representation usually on a flat surface of the whole or a part of an area
b : a representation of the celestial sphere or a part of it

This is a flat surface that represents(states a boundary) of an area....so it IS a map.

Dolemite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dolemite

The fact that you don't get the joke totally bretrays your age, kiddo.

blinddog3d wrote:I don't know how, I can't see Monster A-Go Go (1965)! I don't get it because its 2small! Don't think anyone else would either. If you can't get the joke from this size, you can't get the joke, ...Dig? Microscope not included.

Not voting.
BlindDog3D

schroddie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schroddie

Very well done!

golanta00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages golanta00
xxchange wrote:The other one was soooo much better. This one is cool too, but I wouldn't buy it, sorry. It's a shame because I was looking forward to finally spending my money here

You get my vote for this version but I did like the other much better. The other one made it very clear what you were trying to say, this one unfortunately, will not be clear to some folks. Two thumbs up for the design either way and I will buy it, if it gets a print.

Moonstaff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Moonstaff
KAZVorpal wrote:
Moonstaff: Dammit, you've climbed so far...the top ten, but how long do you have to make it to third?

Voting closes tonight, I believe.

Moonstaff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Moonstaff
collinvh wrote:Dangerously close to the "No Text Only Designs" rule. Also, the rejector has been quite cruel this week. It's just my opinion, hopefully you avoid the rejection and congrats on your first entry being so successful.

Yeah, that was a consideration for me. But this is very specifically meant to represent a minimalist attitude/graphics style used for things like mall maps, etc. I felt that anything more would be overkill. Still, I am grateful that the idea was not rejected.

ZandersZa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ZandersZa
apsutter wrote:So, I've never played Risk before and am confused. Is Ukraine some infamous stronghold that if you control you win the game?

Not really. It's got a lot of borders, which means it's very hard to control. This is only noteworthy because of the Seinfeld episode (which is linked to above).

But GREENLAND? Gotta have Greenland.

kevlar51

quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51
ZandersZa wrote:Not really. It's got a lot of borders, which means it's very hard to control. This is only noteworthy because of the Seinfeld episode (which is linked to above).

But GREENLAND? Gotta have Greenland.

Ukraine is nice to own if you can somehow manage to control Asia--fewer spots to build up your army. But trying to hold Asia is usually a fool's errand. Personally, I think the same about Europe--way too many spots to defend.

My personal strategy (if practical) is to capture Australia as soon as possible. If you can build up there early enough, people tend to ignore you since you're out of the way. But it's a nice way to get an extra two armies every turn and it's easy to defend since there's only one way in.

yellowfinch87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yellowfinch87
Re: In Soviet Russia...

I really wanted this to be on a bright red shirt but I don't think Woot does bright red? Not sure.

Anyway, I had fun with this design, so let me know what you think!

Nimis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nimis

I guess I just don't get it. Are you people telling me you would actually wear this shirt? Yes, I think it is clever, but ultimately hideous....