cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: iso soul

I lived in Korea for 4 1/2 years. This is an instant buy.

jenihana

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jenihana
Re: The Road to My Heart is Paved with Ugly Cats

I love the simplicity! I also like all cats though, not just the ugly ones! ^__^

rachy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachy
Re: Geek Brain Mind Map

I love this shirt so much!!! I'm a girl and I would wear it. I will say that it is still early and this shirt is so awesome that I agree you should replace girlfriends with relationships. I will vote either way but I want your shirt to get as many votes as possible. It is epic and needs to print! :D

acsguitar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acsguitar

rachy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachy
rachy wrote:I love this shirt so much!!! I'm a girl and I would wear it. I will say that it is still early and this shirt is so awesome that I agree you should replace girlfriends with relationships. I will vote either way but I want your shirt to get as many votes as possible. It is epic and needs to print! :D

Oh, and if you do decide to adjust, consider seeing if you can use "pwn" in there somewhere, probably under games.

polluxoil

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polluxoil
Re: Ukraine is Strong!

Board game trilogy for the win! :D

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Re: Patcha the Explorer

I wondered how long it'd take for a Dora/Diego reference on here :P

Cute illustration.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Ahhh! :D

gamingguru05

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gamingguru05
bluejester wrote:I know that the rules say no maps of worlds that you didn't create, and I know that you (Ramyb) have clearly marked Missouri on the map.

However, that being said, underneath Dorothy and Toto you have clearly laid out the yellow brick road from OZ. I'm not tryin to be a jerk here, but this skates way too close to the line for me.

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk here. I actually think this is one of the cleaner designs you've submitted. Also, I got a chuckle out of the GPS car in the water design you did. But, I honestly feel like this design should be pulled or rejected.

Woot regular prints shirts with much less parody. As you pointed out the map is clearly not of a mythical place. I don't see the problem.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Re: Careful Planning

No maps of fictional worlds you didn't create.

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh

polluxoil

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polluxoil
Re: GPS Fail

Reminds me of an older derby entry:

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=44686

It wasn't a finalist and didn't turn into a shirt, so I'm not sure if shirt.woot would rule on it. I really like this design, though. It's not bad, obviously taken the concept and refined it more.

higgyce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages higgyce
Re: A World Away

over the Fields of Patience, across the River of Sorrow that flows past the Cliffs of Wisdom from the Waterfall of Woe, is the Forest of tranquility (a place any stressed mom needs to go every now n then for some peace and quiet!), to the south is the Desert of Despair which you must survive to obtain the smarts from the Cave of Knowledge, further southwest you'll find the Beach of Solitude where the Ocean of Anger roars.

I hope everyone likes it! I created this world in high school to help deal with all the emotions that were difficult back then...though I still "visit" the Forest of Tranquility and the Fields of Patience now and then when the stress starts kickin in!

WierdBMD

quality posts: 4 Private Messages WierdBMD

Yay, I already have the other 2 game shirts.. hope this one makes it so I can have my trilogy! GMV

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
Re: Heisenburgia

Yes, I'm a geek

camkendell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages camkendell
xazothia wrote:I wondered how long it'd take for a Dora/Diego reference on here :P

Cute illustration.

+20 Pirate Points! You found it!

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
missmissa07 wrote:Rodents Revenge!

Thank you.

Nothing follows.

darianwiccan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages darianwiccan
Re: Map of Daily Pet Routes

SO MUCH RAGE! I was working on pretty much the same design. Kudos for you speed!

reganrabbit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reganrabbit
Re: I love USA the Purplest

Thanks so much for the votes, I'd love to have a contender in a derby, any derby, just so I can do the Marlon Brando quote.

For fun here are the failed titles for my entry:

"Purple Do-Over"

"Harold's Purple Bipartisan Nation"

and finally...

"Douching of a Nation" (sorta sad I passed on that one)

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
polluxoil wrote:

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=44686

yup... another one to add to the list

darianwiccan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages darianwiccan
Re: Heisenburgia

This shirt makes me feel principally uncertain. *uber geek*

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
bluejester wrote:I know that the rules say no maps of worlds that you didn't create, and I know that you (Ramyb) have clearly marked Missouri on the map.

However, that being said, underneath Dorothy and Toto you have clearly laid out the yellow brick road from OZ. I'm not tryin to be a jerk here, but this skates way too close to the line for me.

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk here. I actually think this is one of the cleaner designs you've submitted. Also, I got a chuckle out of the GPS car in the water design you did. But, I honestly feel like this design should be pulled or rejected.

The rules state no maps of fictional worlds you didn't create- the map here is of the United States, which I sincerely hope is not a fictional world ;) The rest of the design is there to create context, but I don't think this is skating any lines.

missmissa07

quality posts: 12 Private Messages missmissa07
Re: Patcha the Explorer

This made me giggle, and I really love your style! I just wish the text wasn't so cutesy/girly--otherwise, the shirt is wonderful!

thecip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thecip
Re: Love is a Battlefield

Love is a (civil war) Battlefield

While singing 'Hit Me with your Best Shot' near a Delorian, Pat Benatar is thrown back in time to 1864, near Spotsylvania Courthouse, and forced to take a job in a brothel. Seeing her preform her hit song about heartache “Love is a Battlefield,” a drunken General Ulysses S. Grant is inspired, and uses her powerful dance moves in a bold attack on General Lee's entrenched line. Unfortunately for the Union that day, bullets cut through the line of shimmying, dancing, finger popping soldiers easily, killing most of Grant's courageous men.

This shirt stands as a testament to their bravery, and to the many widows made that fateful day.

On the yellow shirt. What do they call it? Lemon or something.

Enlarge, to see texture:

WE ARE YOUNG!

ramyb

Johndis5 wrote:No maps of fictional worlds you didn't create.

I thought about this issue, but I don't really see this as a world- it is a maze, and what is shown is a map of the maze. Although it is clearly a reference to a game, the map itself is my own design and isn't taken from any of the levels in the game- ultimately it is up to woot to decide what they think, but that was my reasoning. If the map were drawn in different colors, it wouldn't even be a question, so from a map standpoint, I don't think it is a fictional world I didn't create.

jjkehoe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jjkehoe
Re: Star Map

Wow, this is beautiful.

Tanapangarap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tanapangarap

This shirt makes me think of those animated RSA lectures.

Also, mm, waffles.

Get with The Program.

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76
ramyb wrote:The rules state no maps of fictional worlds you didn't create- the map here is of the United States, which I sincerely hope is not a fictional world ;) The rest of the design is there to create context, but I don't think this is skating any lines.

Gotta agree with R. here. . . the background is of a fictional world, but they're looking at a map of the U.S. I'm not totally sure what message he's going for here, (is she stuck in Oz, or is she stuck in Missouri?), but I think he's working within the rules.

If it was a GPS of the Yellow Brick Road, that'd be different. That'd be against the rules (although I think it'd be pretty cool).

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76

I'm out $10 if this prints, easily.

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
Re: Map to the Holy Grail NI!

Something tells me this one could run afoul of copyright issues, but you GMV until the banninator hits.

ALohn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ALohn
Re: In case you were wondering...

Sometimes people need to know where they are.
Sometimes they need to know where they stand.

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
curli76 wrote:If it was a GPS of the Yellow Brick Road, that'd be different. That'd be against the rules (although I think it'd be pretty cool).

Yellow Brick Road does exist in real life, so even that could be within the rules.

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
Re: So Lost

Hope this isn't a copyright violation or anything, because it's definitely the best sub so far.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

ramyb

Narfcake wrote:Yellow Brick Road does exist in real life, so even that could be within the rules.

For the record, I believe there is also one in Missouri

palookaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages palookaboy
bluejester wrote:However, that being said, underneath Dorothy and Toto you have clearly laid out the yellow brick road from OZ. I'm not tryin to be a jerk here, but this skates way too close to the line for me.

Nah, that's being a bit picky. I not a Ramy guy, but I don't see a problem with the road any more than I think the girl is a "celebrity likeness" of Judy Garland.

fungusamongus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fungusamongus
Re: The Original Treasure Map

Just tell the leprechaun O'Leary sent you and you'll be fine. Enjoy

ravensdreams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ravensdreams
Re: So Lost

I really love this shirt and hope it ends up printing because I will buy this for my hubby.

bottlehed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottlehed
Re: Star Map

The water and reflection effects are brillaint!

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8
Johndis5 wrote:No maps of fictional worlds you didn't create.

Every week there will be doubts on his thread. Every week he'll give reasons. It's like playing COD, do the same thing again and again and expect different results :P

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07

If nothing else, I'm just amused by the "I'm not trying to be/sound like a jerk here" in two consecutive sentences.

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."