Patman1209

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patman1209
Re: The Realm of Every Game

Of course, per convention, the spikes are next to the ice cavern of death... I wasn't sure if you could have an icy death cavern without spikes.

hankescu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hankescu
Re: Heart of the City

Very cool. Creepy but cool.
You've got my vote.

hankescu

Re: Accelerator Metro

Can I see a larger version?

hankescu

Re: All Too Common Road

Ooh, so sad.

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat
dcroe05 wrote:Is there a particular reason that you put Las Vegas in South East Oregon?

Oh, good point. Geography fail. I don't know that I could wear this shirt if it's that way.

collinvh

quality posts: 62 Private Messages collinvh
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=57491]

GMV. I imagine this took a while to create. I like the use of textures in the head.

ridicumeticulous

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ridicumeticulous
dmaz wrote:I really hope that this prints. More random awesomeness and less ubiquitous, fluffy animals please?

Nooo! Don't take away from the cutesy animals! Walmazan's one of the few who pulls it off just right. Just more of everything!!! :D

mverc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mverc
Re: Subject to Change

Great design. This is very wearable. It's to bad it got into the Derby so late. +1

reganrabbit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reganrabbit
DianaSprinkle wrote:I don't think your thumbnail is showcasing how nice this design is. =/

I agree, when I saw the best loser award I realized I had somehow missed it. GMV now, though Hope others take a second look!

lonelypond

quality posts: 426 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Star Map

pretty + such a still, calm feeling

lonelypond

Re: Ukraine is Strong!

One of my favorite games + a fun design. My Clue shirt may need a partner. I like the South America, sneak your way up to North American, double down on Kamchathka strategy myself

lonelypond

Re: Left at Albuquerque

like the style.

unionboggle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unionboggle
hankescu wrote:Can I see a larger version?

see if this link works:

Click Here

"taste the beast"

smklung

quality posts: 9 Private Messages smklung
Re: GPS Fail

Nice job ripping this from The Office. I can't say I'm surprised, because it's what I've come to expect from you Ramby

jab991

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jab991
Re: Pirates Welcome

I actually like the X should go here idea and have it point to an X. It's marking a spot to be marked.

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi

Thanks for the BLA! I feel as if I have unlocked a woot achievement...

ronzalone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ronzalone

I'm just a bit confused why the shirt says "You have reached your destination" while the GPS says "Recalculating..."
If the GPS has to recalculate, you're still on your way to your destination, not at it.

megan1978

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megan1978

Really gorgeous, the colors are so rich and it's a lovely design.

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
Re: Going Nowhere

Nice, I laughed out loud, didn't even need the title!

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

madidude04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madidude04

Totally loving this design. I'm getting a lovely Monkey Island feel from this that makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside

jeighsen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeighsen

If this shirt wins I'm going to take a sharpie and add a couple of my own personal items to the road to my heart in the empty circles. Great Shirt.

Re: The Road to My Heart is Paved with Ugly Cats

firefly1912

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firefly1912
Re: failing at succeeding

Also, it's secede not succeed. If it was supposed to be a pun... it isn't.

samanthadrake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samanthadrake

Like everyone else, I pulled out the smartphone to see where it went.

I LOVE IT! I will be sad if this doesn't make it to print.

cmcdeac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmcdeac
Re: sock 815

I love it! Poor little lost sock-guy

cmcdeac

Re: Milk Milk Lemonade...

Took me back to grade school! GMV

cmcdeac

epicfal wrote:This is great. I laughed so hard at the four coffees and a Red Bull on Monday.

That's what really made the shirt for me.

JoeDeth

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JoeDeth
Re: Can you see me now? - 2

This is win. GMV!

WalterK01

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WalterK01

Even though the shirt design is really smart, the underwear is way more funny. If your going after funny of course.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Global Thermonuclear War

FYI, it seems a remake is on the horizon. Makes me sad, because it just won't be the same.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Stellar Cartographer

Though it's completely different, my first thought on seeing this was of the Yamato.
For some reason, they re-made that in live-action. Now available on DVD and Blu-ray, but I think you need to understand Japanese.

Creeper1313

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Creeper1313

I didn't know they had GPS back in Ted Kennedy's day...

tonythai1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonythai1981
WalterK01 wrote:Even though the shirt design is really smart, the underwear is way more funny. If your going after funny of course.

"Where no man has gone before."

gaia18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gaia18
mrwednesday wrote:Of the pop culture ones that have been axed, I think your previous design was probably the best. But the tiny little fix is no different than ramy's in my opinion. I don't see how this is any less rejectable.

Woot may let it pass but with how strict they've been (finally), I doubt it. And from a design level I think you've really detracted from the piece by allowing a few too many cooks into the process.

I'm aware that I'm just one more voice but the design is much too small and if it did print woot makes the women's designs much smaller as well. I also think removing the word bubble was probably a mistake. It gave the shirt some character and added to the joke. In it's absence I doubt anyone would look close enough to see the map is upside-down.

Sometimes it's good to listen to critiques, but I think in this case you should have stuck with your intuition.

I didn't see the previous one but I like this one. One of the first things I noticed was the upside down map. Very cool design. Waldo is perfect for a map themed derby. Now I just wonder if Carmen is around. Definitely got my vote.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
endangeredomega wrote:As a queer geek-guy, adding my voice to those for whom the "girlfriend" bit is a deal-breaker. If it had been something more inclusive, I'd likely have voted, but as it stands, this one's just not for me.

As a nerd-lady who likes gentlemen, I agree on this one.

It's a cute graph and you chose very nice colors, but it really only includes a certain few.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: sock 815

Nice, parrotworks. A cute idea.

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
jonnylaw37 wrote:NC's is the Longleaf Pine if I'm not mistaken, but 'Pine' should suffice

According to NCPedia (managed by the NC Department of Cultural Resources), they list just "Pine", along with the act that created this:

Session Laws, 1963, c. 41:

H. B. 10 CHAPTER 41

AN ACT TO ADOPT AN OFFICIAL STATE TREE FOR THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA.

WHEREAS, the Pine is prevalent, in one of its eight species, in all parts of this State, and is truly representative of the State's historic dependence upon and concern for its timber and forest resources; and

WHEREAS, there is great demand from all parts of the State that this Legislature adopt an official State tree; and

WHEREAS, the Garden Clubs of North Carolina have conducted a State-wide survey for preference for a State tree, and the Pine was selected by a decided majority of the votes; Now, therefore,

The General Assembly of North Carolina do enact:

Section 1. The Pine is hereby adopted as the official State tree of the State of North Carolina.

Sec. 2. All laws and clauses of laws in conflict with this Act are hereby repealed.

Sec. 3. This Act shall be in full force and effect from and after its ratification.

In the General Assembly read three times and ratified, this the 12th day of March, 1963.

With some Googling, I find both listed, but it seems like "Pine" is the official tree.

lyonscc

dcroe05 wrote:I know it's just dumb luck the way it worked out, but Florida SR-27 is one of the most dangerous roads in the country.

IN-19, near where I used to live, is no piece of cake, either.

lyonscc

madidude04 wrote:Totally loving this design. I'm getting a lovely Monkey Island feel from this that makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside

Exactly! All that's missing is a zombie pirate or a three-headed monkey :-)

RobertB

quality posts: 10 Private Messages RobertB
Re: Signs of the Times V2

Oddly enough, in a state with well over 3000 numbered routes, there is not an actual Texas State Highway 28. However, there is a Park Road 28 in a state park near Mexia, Farm-To-Market Road 28 outside of Lubbock, and State Spur 28, a one-mile spur to a small town near Houston.

You could make an argument for using the Farm-To-Market Road shield to represent Texas, because it includes the iconic state silhouette. But it would be too "busy" for a shirt like this. Also, the numbers on those signs have to be tiny -- the state doesn't even use the FM shield on highway BGS's (Big Green Signs), because you'd never be able to read the number.

I'm a total mapgeek, so if this shirt makes the cut, I'm on it like a Mack truck on an armadillo.

Cr@p-free no more as of 5/26/2010!
(Previous B-to-the-OC: 11/17/2006)
i can haz quality post? zomg!

firedancer731

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firedancer731
reganrabbit wrote:Seriously? What do you call the thing getting wet? Or, did you only see the thumbnail version?

Now, I've seen others pushing the envelope on what a map is, but, I'm sorry, fifty states divided by lines and color coded red and blue is a map on multiple levels (geographical/political).

I'll agree the purple part is a puddle. That was the point.

Yes, seriously. I'm not saying that the others aren't pushing the envelope too. But a map usually guides a person from point A to point B, C, D, E. I LIKE the shirt. It's just not very map like. More political statement.