BenLensch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BenLensch

I'm very font of this design.

jiniebell

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jiniebell

ok but do I get a discount for working for Dan Gilbert?

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov

I believe the image is far too large for the text.

jslsnowboarder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jslsnowboarder

This reminds me of my comic sans monster shirt i made a long time ago for the derby. Check it out

Comic Sans Monster

dkalnz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dkalnz

*insert generic MY NAME IS DANIEL TOO OMGOMG!!!!11 comment here*

pharmacide

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pharmacide

Maybe there should have been two Daniels back to back?

1=Daniel San
2=Daniel Sans

Also, if you have Greasemonkey, you can install this userscript to make all text on your browser Comic Sans!

cannedheat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cannedheat

Probably the most obscure, meaningless, and irrelevant t-shirt woots ever offered.

... ever

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen

If sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, surely font humor is the nerdiest.

:^)

greenmonkey125

quality posts: 10 Private Messages greenmonkey125

Hilarious; I had to get one!

jjkehoe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jjkehoe

Ah, you THINK the red is just plain red, but really it is super-undercover-stealth red, like Daniel himself.

Mr3dPHD

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mr3dPHD
missmelis wrote:Clearly that's the bottom hem of his tunic...

It's a gi, not a tunic. I'm just sayin'.

Woots: 26
Wine.Woots: 3
Kids.Woots: 4
Shirt.Woots: 1
Sellout.Woots: 1
Craps: 6

jimbrady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimbrady
cannedheat wrote:...
Probably the most obscure, meaningless, and irrelevant t-shirt woots ever offered.

... ever

No, the one I just received in my Random Shirt bag beats it by a mile--The building that turns into a robot from Big beats it by a mile. By the way--I love the abject obscurity of the robot shirt AND the status that goes with wearing the worst-selling Woot shirt ever.

edz321

quality posts: 5 Private Messages edz321

It looks like it could be the logo of a bad hibachi joint.

perone14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perone14

What do we study here?

THE WAY OF THE FIST SIR.

And what is that way?

STRIKE FIRST. STRIKE HARD. NO MERCY SIR.

I can't hear you.

STRIKE FIRST. STRIKE HARD. NO MERCY SIR.

Pepperonitaco

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Pepperonitaco
missmelis wrote:Hey, wait... why no witty color description? Just "Red"? That's boring. How about "Mr. Miyagi Came From the Land of the Red Rising Sun"? Or "In Most Styles of Karate, Only a Grandmaster Can Wear a Red Belt"?

Okay, I admit that neither of those are particularly witty, but at least I tried to be creative. As an added bonus, I just proved to myself that I spend waaay too much time on shirt.woot...

This design is all about text/font. What is text's primary purpose? To be "read".

TheDesi

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TheDesi

For my $money$, despair.com has the best Karate Kid Crane Technique t-shirt I've ever seen. Actually found it through a deals.woot a year ago.

Now that shirt had me laughing my but off.

[url]http://www.despair.com/cranetechnique.html[url]

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

Classic. Congratulations on the print!

WriteWay

quality posts: 9 Private Messages WriteWay
missmelis wrote:Hey, wait... why no witty color description? Just "Red"? That's boring. How about "Mr. Miyagi Came From the Land of the Red Rising Sun"? Or "In Most Styles of Karate, Only a Grandmaster Can Wear a Red Belt"?

Okay, I admit that neither of those are particularly witty, but at least I tried to be creative. As an added bonus, I just proved to myself that I spend waaay too much time on shirt.woot...

As in "red all over."

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

hahaha! Its so funny!

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Now we shall teach you to breathe under water, little grasshopper. You shall be "Daniel Gill Sans".

eholling

quality posts: 10 Private Messages eholling

The writeup hurts me inside a little bit. But of course, that's exactly what you were going for. I believe I've just been nerd sniped. Well done Woot. You win again. You always do.

Bouts of Consternation:
8/17/11; 9/14/11; 10/12/11; 11/09/11, 12/06/11; 4/26/12

And right now.

rrot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rrot

Bringin' the hatin':

Awful concept.

Not really a pun.

The form of expression in Karate Kid would have been Daniel-san.

Sans (as in the font) means "without." The ordinary usage of "sans" requires mentioning the missing thing (as in sans serif, sans pants, or as an actual witty person pointed out up-thread sans hands and feet [which would have been funny, punny and subtle]).

Reference to the missing serifs is omitted by convention in "Comic Sans," but what is Daniel missing here???

"Sans" used as a combining-form supposed pun on the Japanese familiar term "san?" Well, it doesn't work. At all.

To make things worse, there is a real live person named Daniel Sans. But he's not relevant.

Mega fail.

allrealelements

quality posts: 1 Private Messages allrealelements
disturbed0ne wrote:
That said, this shirt bugs me too much to buy--I pronounce sans as rhyming with cans, and Daniel-San would rhyme with pawn.

Pretty sure "sans" is a French word meaning without - in this case, referring to the lack of serifs on the font - and would thus be pronounced correctly for the joke to work.

Also, since it's French, you wouldn't really pronounce the s anyway, so Daniel-san and Daniel Sans would be pretty much the same thing, albeit the former would be said with a Japanese accent and the latter with a French accent.

Either way, I'm not planning on buying the shirt, but the joke is glorious.

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76

I'm guessing this doesn't bode well for the chances my "Drag Me To Helvetica" shirt will print any time soon.

loaba

quality posts: 31 Private Messages loaba

Pfft, if that's the Karate Kid (Danielsan-style), then where's the blood dripping from his face? Everybody knows that, like Rocky before him, Daniel preferred to block with his face.

NTICompass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NTICompass
allrealelements wrote:Pretty sure "sans" is a French word meaning without - in this case, referring to the lack of serifs on the font - and would thus be pronounced correctly for the joke to work.

Also, since it's French, you wouldn't really pronounce the s anyway, so Daniel-san and Daniel Sans would be pretty much the same thing, albeit the former would be said with a Japanese accent and the latter with a French accent.

Either way, I'm not planning on buying the shirt, but the joke is glorious.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sans

Says the pronunciation is "sanz".

This is my signature.

stickynotes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stickynotes

Must buy. My husband calls our son Daniel-san. And I complain about comic sans every chance I get. But can I handle seeing it on my kid's chest? Hmm...

Syndil

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Syndil

+1 to all the font puns. I'm tempted to buy it just for its obscurity. The last shirt.woot I purchased that was not random was:

And no one gets that one either.

kayrayhtx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kayrayhtx

I guess I'll have to speak up for stuffy old pedants everywhere: Comic Sans is not a font, it is a typeface. Comic Sans bold is a font within the typeface family of Comic Sans. There, I said it!

azmojoman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages azmojoman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Karate_kid.jpg

basfiji

quality posts: 9 Private Messages basfiji

By displaying comic sans with one of the greatest moves in a motion picture since the Road House Heart Scene, makes me want to not only wear this shirt but write everything I can in this font style.

meepee

quality posts: 33 Private Messages meepee

Wait... Miyagi was Papyrus? Ugh. I hate that font too.

Medicfrost

quality posts: 51 Private Messages Medicfrost

When I was a kid, I used to think that the Karate Kid was the best movie ever, but now that I'm grown up, I now know that Police Academy 4, Citizens on Patrol is the best movie ever.

krie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krie

Combining my hate for the improper use of comic sans and my name being Daniel.. I had to get this.

The sarcasm contained in this post may not be appropriate for all audiences. Reader discretion is advised.

krie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krie
NTICompass wrote:http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sans

Says the pronunciation is "sanz".

More importantly, the former is pronounced more like "son"

The sarcasm contained in this post may not be appropriate for all audiences. Reader discretion is advised.

rrot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rrot
krie wrote:More importantly, the former is pronounced more like "son"

Exactly! They AREN'T pronounced the same.

Which is hardly a fatal flaw for a pun, but I ask again:

* We know what's "sans" in Comic Sans -- serifs.
* What is Daniel missing here to complete the pun?

I'd say what's missing is something comic.

nickjh85

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nickjh85
lesmana wrote:I'd totally buy this if Daniel didn't have hands or feet.

I mean, sans serif DOES mean without feet. I'm glad someone else was vexed.

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
DianaSprinkle wrote:Comic Sans... the combo of two jokes. But that font that large still hurts me.

Name the jokes that are combined.

vicali

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vicali

I saw, I chuckled, I want..
First shirt.woot completed.

ZeBopDeluxe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZeBopDeluxe

I merely bought one for my son because his name is Daniel and I thought he'd like the shirt...