inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Spiritgreen wrote:Time to bust out the recipe for Rum Pie (start your week right :p)

Congrats Seed!!

I find this relevant to my interests! Thanks, Spiritgreen!

I'm just hanging out, really.

iamjs

quality posts: 5 Private Messages iamjs
skatimmy737 wrote:When's the last time you used a knife to enjoy a slice of pie?

You need a knife to enjoy pie?

Random crap: x7 (Most recent: 7.24.14)

christinak5689

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christinak5689
youjustdie wrote:Johnny Cupcakes much? (large image trimmed)

I saw this shirt and it actually made me a little sad. I love woot shirts but this is a total ripoff of johnny cupcakes and as woot is a site that recognizes the genius in entrepeneurial t-shirt efforts, this is clearly (perhaps unintentionally) very similar to a well-known copyrighted logo! =(

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Put an eyepatch on it and we're golden.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737
iamjs wrote:You need a knife to enjoy pie?

Nice.

Sheneron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sheneron

This pos blatant copy gets through yet my shirts get rejected. Good call woot.

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov
SuperNinja wrote:[Image of Pyrite]

You took the words right out of my mouth; in a manner of speaking.

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov
christinak5689 wrote:I saw this shirt and it actually made me a little sad. I love woot shirts but this is a total ripoff of johnny cupcakes and as woot is a site that recognizes the genius in entrepeneurial t-shirt efforts, this is clearly (perhaps unintentionally) very similar to a well-known copyrighted logo! =(

In the first place, the Johnny Cupcakes logo is a parody of the Jolly Rodger, and not entirely original. If we suppose this image is either a parallel parody of the Jolly Rodger or a parody of the Johnny Cupcakes logo, then we either have a parody created with every right to do so as the other, or one created upon the parody itself in what I believe is fair-play, and if I recall, so does the Supreme Court.

NinthMaeglin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NinthMaeglin

Wait, we need an obligatory reference:

The pie is a lie!

sowellfan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sowellfan
Narfcake wrote:Pie right ... pirate. Get it?

I see the pie on the t-shirt, and I understand how "pie right goes towards 'pirate' ", but I don't see how one gets the phrase "pie right" from looking at the t-shirt.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
odysseyroc wrote:Congrats, Brett! Score one for the good guys!

The force is strong with this one. Congrats, Brett!!

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote
christinak5689 wrote:I saw this shirt and it actually made me a little sad. I love woot shirts but this is a total ripoff of johnny cupcakes and as woot is a site that recognizes the genius in entrepeneurial t-shirt efforts, this is clearly (perhaps unintentionally) very similar to a well-known copyrighted logo! =(

You want me to pull up all the Jolly Roger parodies I've seen in the last 52 years and post them?!? Thanks for bringing attention to Johnny Cupcakes for all those Wooters that didn't know they exist, but this is a case of similar ideas and not plagarism. If folks could sue over things that are clearly parallel ideas, but NOT THAT SIMILAR, we'd be chest deep in stupid lawsuits and there'd be a lot of graphic artists out of work. I wish somebdy from Johnny Cupcakes would actually weigh in on this!

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote
vladistov wrote:In the first place, the Johnny Cupcakes logo is a parody of the Jolly Rodger, and not entirely original. If we suppose this image is either a parallel parody of the Jolly Rodger or a parody of the Johnny Cupcakes logo, then we either have a parody created with every right to do so as the other, or one created upon the parody itself in what I believe is fair-play, and if I recall, so does the Supreme Court.

YEP!

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SeedUvPain

Thank you to Woot and all those people buying shirts today. I'm not even referring to JUST my design...I'm a fan of commerce and a strong, working economy

azture

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azture

This shirt will go perfectly with a long day at the pie shop. Because I needed one more tee to prove how much of a dorky baker I am. THANK YOU WOOT. (Seriously, cupcakes are SO 2008.)

kevins87

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevins87

Johnny Pie Cakes? I would like to meet this impersonator!

eatingjuice

quality posts: 7 Private Messages eatingjuice

Something about panties.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

First Day Sales: 1141

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: zorqie
Last purchase time: Monday, October 24, 2011, 11:56:32 PM Central Time
Order pace: 1m 15.540s
Woot wage: $2,088.40
Woots sold: 1141

Looks like a clear 1141

bioniclebuildingmama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bioniclebuildingmama

Can you please please please make an apron out of this for Pie Day? I don't need to tell you when Pie Day is: I'm sure you know.