thatquietgir1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thatquietgir1

i had a dream about this shirt...lol. cute

artgirl929

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artgirl929
Re: K.O.ala-ed

Am not happy this has fallen out of the fog...so incredibly wearable, my husband already said he would definitely buy that if it prints. +1

firefrogh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages firefrogh
Re: Australian Red-eyed Tree Frog

Thanks. I wish I had the idea at the start too, but if people like it there is plenty of time. This is my first real effort at using halftones. I still have a lot to figure out with them, but I like how it turned out.

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku
Re: Drop Bears

Hmm. This one's fogged and the other one is climbing towards the fog. I'm kinda wondering what Woot would do if there's ever an instance where a shirt and a resub both hit the top 3. Print as they normally do? Print only one of them? Print both on the same day like truffleshuffle's two winners?

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
Re: Running Down under

FYI, the plus and equals signs do count as text and may get you rejected.

firefrogh

brerfunk wrote:This is my favorite of the aboriginal designs... It's kind of mesmerizing.

Thank you.

firefrogh

fossilgirl1 wrote:The only shirt that made me chuckle. GMV

Thank you. Glad it made you laugh.

firefrogh

Re: Buried Treasure

This is on the list from my kids that is a must buy.

firefrogh

Re: The outback

This is my favorite.

firefrogh

Re: The McEucalyptis is back!

I love your simple, well done ideas.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Blu-Ringed Death

Josephus is trolling, the detail shows a game of Tic-Tac-Toe

move along

nabesmer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nabesmer
arienb wrote:Beautiful work! It reminds me of a children's book, Art and Max, where similar detail is put into the coloring and really makes the lizards stand out.

I love David Wiesner's books, I agree totally agree the color choices in this really make this one pop! My love lizards! If Blue Tongue was up in the fog with this one and the Pointalizard and all three printed I'd have a perfect week, three new t-shirts and be out a solid chunk of change, lol!

sombrillo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sombrillo
Re: Quaint Koala

Cute!

lloyd2002

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lloyd2002
Re: Drop Bears

How on earth are dropbears not considered pop culture? Seriously.

orevvero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orevvero
Re: PLAITypus

If this doesn't get printed I'm gonna be a very very sad girl!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
ChaosDoctor07 wrote:1) I feel like the octopodes (or whatever the heck the proper plural form of octopus is) are just going to look like yellow spiders from a distance.

2) Wasting blue-ringed octopodes on a pocket shirt is....disappointing, to be honest.

and yet, they are essentially life sized.

Josephus

j5 wrote:Josephus is trolling, the detail shows a game of Tic-Tac-Toe

'trolling'? how so? virtually every entry at woot has some sort of stupid (or clever) joke on it. Whenever I submit something without such a 'hook' (to use the trolling metaphor) in the current atmosphere, not only does my design not get votes, it gets completely ignored.

I really like this design. I wanted to see if I could make a decent pocket, and I also think the blue ringed octiplurals turned out really well. IRL, I actually have an eraser with a leetle octopus on it, too.

Jaypaulo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jaypaulo

I didn't know the reference and think this is pretty funny. Great work!

nabesmer

Re: Blue Tongue

Stinkin' adorable! My son (who is 9)and I get the giggles every time we look at this one....which is often as he is as completely taken with your design as I am!

tdziekan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tdziekan
nowacz11 wrote:This is a great shirt design. I, for one, have been waiting for an awesome white woot shirt for weeks upon weeks.

This is the best shirt I have seen in a while

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Australian Sun

Why place this so high and create that boxy silhouette?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

kmayernik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmayernik
Re: Blue Tongue

I totally dig this one, two weeks in a row that you get my vote.

Josephus

Re: Lost (not the Show)

*penguins are not life sized.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Buried Treasure

Lovely work rads.

mikm1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikm1
Mavyn wrote:Why place this so high and create that boxy silhouette?

I never did one before. Maybe it is a little high. I'll center better next time. The box is on the template.

j5

Josephus wrote:'trolling'? how so?

By submitting a design that clearly violates the rules, and highlighting that fact in the thumbnail image, you are trolling the rejectionator.

move along

Josephus

j5 wrote:By submitting a design that clearly violates the rules, and highlighting that fact in the thumbnail image, you are trolling the rejectionator.

My argument, which I brought up in my submission text; more info to show I wasn't baiting the rejector; is that the 'O's in the game are markers, and further, the natural coloring of the octopus. The other markers are NOT 'X's at all, but markers to distinguish from the 'O's which happen to be similar to a tilted divide symbol, and not at all 'X'-like.

j5

Josephus wrote:My argument, which I brought up in my submission text; more info to show I wasn't baiting the rejector; is that the 'O's in the game are markers, and further, the natural coloring of the octopus. The other markers are NOT 'X's at all, but markers to distinguish from the 'O's which happen to be similar to a tilted divide symbol, and not at all 'X'-like.

Then I wish you well in your quest for votes, and may the rejectionator be ever lenient.

move along

tdziekan

Re: Budgie

this is the greatest one

gagethompson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gagethompson
Re: Born to be an Aussie

It is a kangaroo drinking a beer! How cute!

tdziekan

meepee wrote:This is amazing!

i love this

collinvh

quality posts: 57 Private Messages collinvh
Re: K-Bears New Kicks

Hope you enjoy the design. Nothing quite like a pair of new kicks. Thanks and please vote.

magyargirl

quality posts: 14 Private Messages magyargirl
Re: Australian Sun

I agree: I like the design a lot, but I don't like that the sun's cut off. It makes it look odd, and including the box is distracting. Fix it, and I'd vote for it!

nabesmer

Re: Pointillizard

There is, quite simply, nothing I don't love about this design. If it prints I just might buy two so I still have it to wear after I wear out the first one.

kalee11

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kalee11
Re: The outback

I love this shirt so much!!! I've been to Australia and this is definitely my favorite in the Derby! I hope this one prints!

adumb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adumb
Re: The Last Stand

wish this wasn't rejected...awesome idea!

j5

collinvh wrote:Hope you enjoy the design. Nothing quite like a pair of new kicks. Thanks and please vote.

Are they pumped up?

move along

dreadwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreadwood

Thanks for all the kind words guys.

seacore wrote:If this became a daily tshirt, I'd buy it, but I'd rather the invading army be a different colour, just to avoid the racist interpretation.

I see the possible confusion with the color of the invading army, but I honestly did not even think of this. I had already used 6 colors, so it needed to be one of the ones I had already used, and I thought this one looked the best. Sorry for any confusion.

greenmrt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greenmrt
Re: Australian Army Knife

Hilarious! Will definitely buy!

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 21 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
kinzoku wrote:Hmm. This one's fogged and the other one is climbing towards the fog. I'm kinda wondering what Woot would do if there's ever an instance where a shirt and a resub both hit the top 3. Print as they normally do? Print only one of them? Print both on the same day like truffleshuffle's two winners?

In this case, probably offer both colors.

lloyd2002 wrote:How on earth are dropbears not considered pop culture? Seriously.

It's -culture-, yes? But it's not -popular- culture. It's a common local myth buy many people outside Austrailia haven't heard of it. Like me.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -