kerrdog8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kerrdog8

It's in between a Fosters reference and a Crocodile Dundee reference, but I think it toes the acceptable line perfectly.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 34 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Buried Treasure

I am buying this on Friday!

eneh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eneh
sombrillo wrote:Thanks Radscoolian - it would be nice if you got a chance to wear this shirt. Listening to this song helped inspire me for this derby

http://youtu.be/XrkThaBWa5c

We love singing that song, our Girl Scout troop loves it too! We are really hoping it makes the top 3 so we can wear it! Very clever, especially if you know the song.

grayehound

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grayehound
KaylaJ wrote:I agree. Would have been interesting if they added some background of leaves like one was going through the brush.

Oooooooooooo....where are you people when I have an hour to do these things and needed an idea for a background?? That would have been perfect! Oh well, maybe next time.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
sefjwm wrote:Ooh ooh can I be "that guy" and post links to this shirt being done on other sites already?

http://www.amazon.com/Koala-False-Pocket-Print-T-Shirt/dp/B004B5Y2M2

http://www.zazzle.com/aj_koala_in_a_pocket_shirt-235039273354829650

http://www.cafepress.com/kiniart/4028138

It's not really that I think he stole the design or whatever it's just that the concept is so boring and common that cafepress and zazzle both have full pages of shirts dedicated to "animal in pocket" designs.

That would make this a "similar shirts exist" violation.
Now taking bets on if the rejectionator cares.

move along

j5

Re: PLAITypus

I like this design from several angles (color, pattern, easter eggs) Sad that it's not getting much love, but I almost overlooked it also, so maybe a thumbnail issue?

move along

j5

captainassassin wrote:Do you have an actual POINT to make? Or are you just trying to be funny?

I believe the point being that Ninja's were, at least in part, assassins. Oh! the irony.

move along

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: K.O.ala-ed

There are times I get really surprised and then sad that certain entries aren't in the fog.

This is one of those times.

The movement implied in this is just fantastic. It's so engaging and colorful.

captainassassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captainassassin

Not all assassins are ninjas, and not all ninjas are assassins. This is just how they're commonly represented thru [finger quotes] POPULAR CULTURE.

Just because something is "popular" doesn't make it accurate.

Just because I have "assassin" in my username, doesn't mean I have an insatiable love for black pajamas and smoke pellets.

llamassassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llamassassin
papatzu101 wrote:
I'm using...my drawing...paint...and business card composer. I am not really sure what halftones mean...but if you could edit the halftones stuff...
Rejected because: Appears to be gradients in preview images, see submission page for guidelines on gradients/halftones

so can you edit my preview image? Thank you so much!!!!

papatzu101, I'm sending you a PM.

llamassassin

Re: K-Bears New Kicks

Love the coloring style on this. Could definitely see it on a shirt.

llamassassin

I can just imagine the thought processes of the duck and beaver. "Ok...just act natural..."

Or maybe their secret is that they are the parents of all those platypuses. o_O

captainassassin

Wow...

This is difference between "drawing" and "graphic design"

A design that was MADE for a shirt, not just PUT ON a shirt. Effective and PLANNED use of negative space, and a complex usage of limited colors with halftones.

This submission reminds me of some of those great designs from 50-100 derbies past. Well done indeed.

llamassassin

Re: Multitasking

I'm a believer that ALL parents need a built-in pouch. Kangaroos have it easy.

llamassassin

captainassassin

Re: Sugar glider

I really like use of color. Aboriginal art has a very distinct and appealing graphical style.

However, as I look at the overall composition, it seems rather disconnected or randomly thrown onto a shirt template. There's too much empty space separating the different components, so I'd suggest thinking of ways to centralize, or add focus to the design.

llamassassin

Re: Australian Red-eyed Tree Frog

Aw. Happy little guys, aren't they?

llamassassin

Re: Blue Tongue

I want this lizard as a pet. This exact lizard. ;)

llamassassin

Re: Blue Ringed Death revised

I think I would have a heart attack if I found one of those in my pocket.

llamassassin

Re: Blue Ring Love

He looks all warm and snuggly...which strikes me as an odd thing to say about an octopus...

llamassassin

Re: The McEucalyptis is back!

And thus began the awareness of koala obesity.

llamassassin

Re: Flight of the Sugar Gliders

Love the buggy eyes. My sister has one and her eyes are SO BUGGY!

artgirl929

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artgirl929
Re: Outback Puppet Show

Love this, GMV.

gement

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gement
Re: Indigenous Pride

As I'm not indigenous, I'd be unlikely to wear this (it's a matter of appropriation and respect), but it's a gorgeous and respectful design, so GMV.

captainassassin

Re: Pointillizard

Very nice homage to Aboriginal art. But it seems more like a stand-alone piece, not a shirt design. As I look at the overall composition, it seems rather unfinished (as a t-shirt design). The lizard is just kind of floating in space, at an angle that may not wear well on a person, given their sex or build.

You could add some additional nebulous dot art leading and/or trailing the lizard (the grey foot print elements). Or change the lizard's body position entirely, make it climb more vertically down one side of the shirt, or across the chest area.

There just seems to be something missing (again, as a t-shirt design).

gement

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gement
Re: Walkin' About

It's a lovely design, but I'm always wary of designs that show minority cultures as exotic. Most aborigines wear clothes these days.

neven

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neven
Re: AFC (The Australian Fighting Championship)

haha this cracks me up, be so funny if this guy was mexican but that would make no sense!!

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Bang-a-roo!

Thanks fable and guppy808!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Afrilled of a little rain?

Disappointed to see this drop out of the fog. It's my favorite in the derby by far. Such great work, kinzoku! I will hope for it to get an HM and make a 2nd appearance!

xepherys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xepherys
Re: to the sun

rasabi,

Honestly, it's not really my style, but you get my vote anyhow for having one of the most amazing designs I've ever seen in a derby. I'll mirror a sentiment from above - it's amazing this is only four colors. Your use of negative space is fantastic. If this was a print, I'd probably buy it. Regardless of my personal taste in tees, you have a great style and I hope to see (a lot) more of your designs in the derby down the road.

captainassassin

Re: Aussie Grunge

Good choice of colors. Nice graphical style. If the image were about 50% smaller, it'd fit much nicer on the shirt.

unionboggle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unionboggle
captainassassin wrote:Good choice of colors. Nice graphical style. If the image were about 50% smaller, it'd fit much nicer on the shirt.

yeah, now that you say that it could be smaller. Doh!

Thanks for the input.

"taste the beast"

happywater

quality posts: 0 Private Messages happywater
omarfeliciano wrote:I am buying this on Friday!

Me too!!!

david72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages david72
fablefire wrote:Alright. It's on green. Let's see if you're right:

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=58295

I voted for both yellow and green.

Has anyone got two shirts in the top 3 with the same design?

jenihana

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jenihana

If this were to print, I'd definitely have to mention it to my Australian knife/stick fighting grand master. He'd appreciate it.

kajira

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kajira
Re: Psykoala!

It gave me a smile, then I saw the votes. I'd want one. I'm voting for it. It's a perfect shirt for me to wear. Now you figure that out!

kajira

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kajira
Re: BROALA

Love this shirt!

hellodali

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hellodali

Great shirt! I hope it wins!!!

landsnark

quality posts: 10 Private Messages landsnark

Yes--thumbnail problem. I didn't even click through from the thumbnail when I saw it--thought "plait" was a nice pun--didn't see the design until I was clicking through the entries by rank and now it's one of my favorite two shirts in this derby. Please find a way to get more people to look at this design so they can love on it and it will be printed.

ellegee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellegee
Re: Outback Puppet Show

I love this so much! I don't understand why it's not winning, I'd buy it in a heartbeat