midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: Sydney the Turtle

definitely looks great on the tee. lovely design. very imaginative.

8foot2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 8foot2
Re: Great White Opera House

soooo good.

midgerock

Re: Australian Army Knife

glad it has a bottle beer opener!

captainassassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captainassassin

Good color choices, the design fits the shirt well, and the theme is well presented.

Nice work!

midgerock

Re: We are NOT cuddly!

even when mad they look cute, amirite?

fungusamongus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fungusamongus
Re: Knucks

The blue ringed octopus and box jellyfish share a mutual bro fist of respect. Enjoy

kevlar51

quality posts: 44 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: Danger down under

Great work Adrian and Walmazan!!!

captainassassin

Re: Not the Sharpest Boomerang

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and suggest that "ninjas" (considering how overused their common depiction is) are part of pop-culture, and therefor objectively should not be allowed in this derby.

On the other hand... subjectively, I'm just sick of seeing them.

llamassassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llamassassin
midgerock wrote:lovely design and color choices. My mind think of umbrellas all the time when I see those lizards.

Now I keep imagining insects and small creatures running under frilled lizards in the rain...

captainassassin

I'm pretty sure this is a "Crocodile Dundee" reference, which falls under pop-culture.

But let's sit back and see if the rejection fairy pays you a visit...

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
Re: Laugh, Kookaburra, Laugh

Up and ATOM! I look forward to wearing this!

captainassassin

::shakes head::

dabiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dabiz
Re: Damn Gravity

My first job here. jeje

novastarj

quality posts: 30 Private Messages novastarj
Re: Sydney the Turtle

I like the design a lot, but it looks a little weird/excessive to me the green shirt. I feel like there needs to be more contrast between the turtle and the landscape.

novastarj

quality posts: 30 Private Messages novastarj
Re: Down Under Mutation

You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have kangaroos with frickin' shark fins attached to their backs! Now evidently my cycloptic colleague informs me that that can't be done. Can you remind me what I pay you people for? Honestly, throw me a bone here.

captainassassin

Ok,

Australia does NOT look like a mutant-conjoined-Lhino-baby. You simply squished familiar lion & rhino features into the Australian landmass.

If I were an alien, I'd be offended.
If I were an Australian, I'd be livid, mate.

xultz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xultz

I love this one, great job! +1

microburst54

quality posts: 0 Private Messages microburst54
Re: E-Koalaty

It is amazing how well you depict movements! I really, really like this entry.

higgyce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages higgyce
Re: It's Nicer Here

A fairy penguin basking in the warmth of an Australian beach enjoying the fact he's not in the south pole like his larger cousins resting his feet on a snow globe of the south pole, with the Sydney Opera House in the background. I hope you like...I realize some people are gettin sick of penguins, I just couldnt resist

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian

@ambergreen:
Cool! I haven't seen it. Is it any good?

@microburst54:
Glad you like it! Most of the time you can imply movement by tilting things sideways. Your brain does the rest!

joelongbow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joelongbow
shikausstan wrote:(oops Double post)
I like the aborigine feel to this.

Thanks! That's the feel that I was aiming for.

I did the dots all by hand - I can think of a couple of ways to do it easier but I think that would have spoiled the look.

My eyes wanted to fall out of my head by the time I was done though >.<

reganrabbit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reganrabbit
Re: Sugar glider

EEEEEEEE!

I have 5 of these guys (mom and dad and 3 joeys!). I really want this to win now even though I'm submitting a design later. There's room at the top!

Do you have them as pets, too? They're like no other pet I've ever had. Like mini psycho jungle cats!

joelongbow

llamassassin wrote:Great textured look. Almost like you could reach out and touch it.

Thanks much - I've never done an art style like this before and I'm thinking about trying my hand at more.

joelongbow

Re: Afrilled of a little rain?

Lizards unite!

Gmv - this is awesome

joelongbow

Niiiice I have a few friends that would buy one of these...the shirt and the knife

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

I do not understand the appeal of this shirt AT ALL. It's not creative. It has no joke, no story, no silliness, no anything but "cute."

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
Re: Blue Ring Love

A blue-ringed octopus shirt!? My pre-Derby prayers have been answered. Good stuff, indeed. Just have a few suggestions:

1) Might just be me, but the head seems just a little bit off on the top portion of the octopus (that is, the part that is coming from the left side to the back).

2) Those jellyfish look rather phallic, to the point of being pretty noticeable. Once you see it (look at the "head" of the jellyfish, you won't be able to unsee it.

That being said, once again, very good job, particularly as your first shot at this kind of thing. I am also particularly pleased that you tied in the "Australia" bit of the theme, rather than just an octopus itself. I highly look forward to seeing any future work you submit to future Derbies.

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

Narfcake

quality posts: 281 Private Messages Narfcake
kylemittskus wrote:... no anything but "cute."

Sometimes, that's all that some folks want ...

Back to the shirt ... fake pockets are not my thing, so no vote from me. Still, thank you for NOT doing another turbunguin.

chellopuddin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chellopuddin
Re: Deep Down Under

I want this shirt so badly!

dreweyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreweyes
Re: It Always Returns

Aw man I just finished designing something similar! Yours came out great! Nicely done!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Re: Down Under Mutation

Subtle, wearable - GMV

I'm just hanging out, really.

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
captainassassin wrote:I'm pretty sure this is a "Crocodile Dundee" reference, which falls under pop-culture.

But let's sit back and see if the rejection fairy pays you a visit...

Yeah, I'd have to agree. It's nearly as overt as the other "knife" shirt that was rejected earlier, but it's still relying on the same source. I'd be surprised to not see this one rejected.

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

anemality

quality posts: 12 Private Messages anemality
ChaosDoctor07 wrote:
1) Might just be me, but the head seems just a little bit off on the top portion of the octopus (that is, the part that is coming from the left side to the back).

Probably. I looked up a bunch of references but I will admit, this is the first time I've ever drawn an octopus anyway. It's hard to figure out positioning/perspective on the little buggers. D:

ChaosDoctor07 wrote:
2) Those jellyfish look rather phallic, to the point of being pretty noticeable. Once you see it (look at the "head" of the jellyfish, you won't be able to unsee it.

OH GOD. *deletedeletedeletedelete-- no jk, no delete* I'll have to keep that in mind for the next time I draw jellies (another subject I am unfamiliar with) but my intention was definitely NOT to make them look...weiny-y.

ChaosDoctor07 wrote:
That being said, once again, very good job, particularly as your first shot at this kind of thing. I am also particularly pleased that you tied in the "Australia" bit of the theme, rather than just an octopus itself. I highly look forward to seeing any future work you submit to future Derbies.

Thank you much for the suggestions and compliment! :D

justplainme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justplainme
Re: this is an Australian crocodile

(chuckle) What makes this shirt is its silliness. GMV

justplainme

It's the silly ones that are appealing to me today. GMV

justplainme

kylemittskus wrote:I do not understand the appeal of this shirt AT ALL. It's not creative. It has no joke, no story, no silliness, no anything but "cute."

I second that.

dreadwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreadwood

Link to an enlarged version.

Thanks for looking.

(And thanks to WierdBMD for the idea )

Proxgotsthafia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Proxgotsthafia
kylemittskus wrote:I do not understand the appeal of this shirt AT ALL. It's not creative. It has no joke, no story, no silliness, no anything but "cute."

With you 100%.

pawpoints

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pawpoints

i like it.

dreweyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreweyes

My first t-shirt submission at shirt.woot!
Go easy on me! :D