+ Add a Comment

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Re: Aussie Grunge

Love the colors and the paint splatters.

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku
Re: Knucks

I really love the style of this.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Please remember to focus your comments on the design itself. Comments that are not about the design or that are deemed as trolling will be deleted and the poster may be probated.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

fossilgirl1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fossilgirl1
ramyb wrote:I had this design pretty much finished at the start of the derby, but wanted to keep it to do a few more minor edits. Hope you guys like how it turned out

Great design. I love it! GMV!

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
Cormano wrote:So sorry this got rejected

But am I just dumb or what's the landmass all the little yellow guys are standing on

Looks like Siam/Southeast Asia to me.

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Re: Trouble in Oz

tasmanian devils want to make a shark into sushi? the outback is on fire?

the illustration is really sharp and interesting, I just can't tell what's going on.

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
Re: The outback

this is so different than most of your designs. why don't you do more like this? i get tired of all the animal designs

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64
reganrabbit wrote:EEEEEEEE!

I have 5 of these guys (mom and dad and 3 joeys!). I really want this to win now even though I'm submitting a design later. There's room at the top!

Do you have them as pets, too? They're like no other pet I've ever had. Like mini psycho jungle cats!

Thank you! I don't have any of my own but I know people who do have them as pets.

frogfreak wrote:Nice! As an Australian I find most of these images uninteresting/unappealing, but this one sings! I hope I get a chance to buy it!

Oh wow, thanks for the kind words I'm glad you liked it!

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
Re: to the sun

The colors have so much "pop" to it that it's hard to believe you're only using 4.

Beautiful work - GMV!

nowacz11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nowacz11
Re: Rainbow Serpent

This is a great shirt design. I, for one, have been waiting for an awesome white woot shirt for weeks upon weeks.

meepee

quality posts: 33 Private Messages meepee
Re: Animals of Australia...

This is amazing!

geneotype

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geneotype
CaptainReginald wrote:Love the design, but one thing irks me about it.

The one green foot...

This is the first chance I've had to see the comments on the design since I submitted it on Friday. I have to admit I completely missed that the foot's coloring was missed in the transfer from the Illustrator file to the Photoshop presentation file. I had unlocked all art, but that small color area was on a locked layer and got missed. Here is a screenshot from the separated file sent to woot:

I apologize for the confusion and really really thank everyone for the great comments!!!

csl312

quality posts: 4 Private Messages csl312
Leahbh wrote:this is so different than most of your designs. why don't you do more like this? i get tired of all the animal designs

I'll second that. Ramyb, when you do non-cutsy animal designs they are almost always great. However I also understand this is a money making venture, and the woot audience seems to crave more cartoon animals. If more people would buy more artistic stuff, then these type of designs would probably be more common.

meepee

Re: Danger down under

Someone is doomed...
Love it!

grayehound

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grayehound
captainassassin wrote:I'm pretty sure this is a "Crocodile Dundee" reference, which falls under pop-culture.

But let's sit back and see if the rejection fairy pays you a visit...

Wow, I had to go back to see what that reference was about and now that I've found that seen on YouTube I see that there could be a concern. It's close, I admit. I'm just glad I added in the bottle opener because that's the two things I was thinking about about the Aussies I know...tough blokes and never without a beer in hand.

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
Re: Marsupial in my pocket

I think it's wrong to set up art and t-shirts as mutually exclusive things. The people that ride Ramy aren't suggesting that t-shirts should be a medium for museum quality art.

But the other issue is the fact that there isn't any reason why t-shirts CAN'T be a medium for that kind of art. I think it is HIGHLY disingenuous to reduce the criticism that those posters are making to the absurd suggestion that it's just a t-shirt, so their criticisms are invalid. After all, there are almost ALWAYS derby entries that fog or hang out around the fog that could qualify as art.

Specifically about the design, I'm not a fan of fake pocket shirts either, but in terms of what we usually get from Ramy, I think this is a step in the right direction. It's still his style and a cute, fluffy animal, but I have to give Ramy credit for the koala actually being recognizable and free of any of the typical deformities or issues that his style usually gives to the fluffy critters he likes. I think he also pulled off the pocket illusion well, even if I don't know how good it will look on a shirt on a person.

I'm also curious how the placement on a female will look.

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
axphw1 wrote:disagree- an individual who hadn't seen that movie could appreciate this

I disagree. If you haven't seen the movie, why is the fact that it's a bigger knife funny? That's a pretty crucial step in the logic for this shirt to be humorous. Without that experience or at least knowledge of it, it really fails to be funny or make sense.

I haven't SEEN the movie, but I'm aware of the reference, so I understand it.

Although I wouldn't exactly fault the rejectionator for passing over this.

fossilgirl1

Re: Stacked

Great idea! GMV

meepee

Re: Big Dugong, Little Dugong

I'm considering getting rid of the halftones...

meepee

Re: Not a Duck!

Bread...?

fossilgirl1

Re: Blue Tongue

Adorable! GMV

mom2kate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mom2kate
cfdunbar wrote:I had to post the entry quickly and leave so I didn't get to leave a comment...

I was trying a spin on the aboriginal (sp?) tribal art, though without so many dots, more of a modern take. Hope you all like it.

6 colors on Royal Blue.

After seeing the entries so far, I am glad you decided to go with something other than a koala!!

jgolando

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgolando
Re: Australian Army Knife

I've never seen the movie, and I thought it was hilarious. And I'm female. Not that that's pertinent.

logicalcupcake

quality posts: 5 Private Messages logicalcupcake
DianaSprinkle wrote:I like this one, though I wish the shirt color had been Grass Green or Kelly Green instead of Slate.
You use a lot of grey shirt's for your designs Ramyb.

I've actually noticed that he's been using green for his shirt colors pretty much every Derby recently. Usually with green-on-green-on-green color palettes as well.

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote
Re: AUSTRALIAN SHEPHERDS, BEST IN BREED.

Jesus and 2 non-Aussies? Please explain?!?

fossilgirl1

Re: Outback Puppet Show

The only shirt that made me chuckle. GMV

asmadasrabbits

quality posts: 3 Private Messages asmadasrabbits
Re: Advanced Sheep Shearing

I want this so bad.

nabesmer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nabesmer
Re: Emo Emu

One More Gimlet! I NEED this shirt for my niece! Clever and beautifully rendered!
LOVE! +1

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza
Re: Blue Ring Love

Nice colors and the design looks great on the shirt!

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
Re: Afrilled of a little rain?

Aw, love his expression! So dismayed! And lovely design as well, great color combos.

mhatter106

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhatter106
Re: Marsupial in my pocket

"Don't just slap a koala on a t-shirt and call it a day."

frigorific

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frigorific
Re: Blue Tongue

This made me giggle.

hmk2025

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hmk2025
Re: Not a Duck!

Maybe instead of the words in the speech balloon have a picture of a duck in a circle with the line through it? Just a thought I thought I'd share. :-)

Cormano

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Cormano
Re: Super-mom

Octomom

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Re: K.O.ala-ed

Really dynamic - I love the sense of movement + energy captured here.

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
Re: Drop Bears

"Drop Bears"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drop_bear

After last week, I got clearance to do minimal work! YAY! *happydance*

UPDATE: Now on green: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=58295

IMO I'd like either one. I hope this doesn't split the votes. >.<

avbaby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avbaby
Re: Rainbow Serpent

wish this was on antthing but a white shirt. love it.

meepee

Re: Drop Bears

That guy's EYE is coming out....?
GMV!

sombrillo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sombrillo
Re: Buried Treasure

Totally awesome design!

nancyzas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nancyzas
Re: Stacked