dcroe05

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dcroe05
thatrobert wrote:Thanks Woot for printing yet another Pi shirt of mine. I need to find some other mathematical constants...

There's always phi... and c...

vladistov

quality posts: 50 Private Messages vladistov

Wait a second . . . how did we get a three-dimensional pie from a two-dimensional pumpkin?

And more importantly: who's your fairy-godmother?

Bulnes

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bulnes
kadsworld wrote:Frothy cows.

ahhh... The Horrtle Truth behind whipped cream...

http://dreamwevagypsy.tumblr.com/post/5288252465/the-horrible-truth-behind-whipped-cream

Woots: twelve
Shirts: fifty five...wow.. I gotta get another hobby

calebmitchell

quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell

My mother's a math teacher, and I still didn't get this...I feel dumb.

dmaz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dmaz

AWESOME! Probably one of the best holiday shirts I've seen from this site! AND it's definitely wearable any day of the year.

Shirts like this are great because they help you find other intelligent friends by simply wearing it

alanmedhurst

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alanmedhurst

Next math puzzle could be the volume of a pizza with radius 'z' and thickness 'a'

Nicky33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nicky33
alanmedhurst wrote:Next math puzzle could be the volume of a pizza with radius 'z' and thickness 'a'

Plain genius.

mattryan

quality posts: 41 Private Messages mattryan

Blech, the worst part about fall/winter. Pumpkin in everything.

dishatoid01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dishatoid01

Must...resist...just bought 3 randoms yesterday!!

What are the odds of having a random day then a math shirt the next?? This math teacher just doesn't know what to do!

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch

Pie? I like pie!

ArtWorksMetal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ArtWorksMetal

Great shirt. But am forced to pay the $5 extra to make sure I have it in time for Thanksgiving. Oh, well, it's worth it just for the joy of having my BIL figure it out.

Now come up with a Christmas one!

Asceticism is for those that can't afford Hedonism.

holly2978

quality posts: 1 Private Messages holly2978

In for one- My math geek Middle schooler will think this is HIlarious!

bck9900

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bck9900

thatsrobert maybe try something with e or you could always divide by 0

jksn17

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jksn17

Love it!

It ranks up there with my sparrow coconut shirt.

First Ever "Baggy of Cheer" - 6/15/11
Second "Biscuits Over Cherries" - 1/19/12
Overall Woot! Count: 16

therationalpi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages therationalpi

This brings my inventory of π shirts up to 6, almost have one for every day of the week!

pik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pik
DavidHart wrote:This is a cute shirt and my father loves pumpkin pie. But I'll pass because it is way too geeky for him.

It's too bad we can't have a plain shirt with just the pumpkin pie slice on it. Then again, that's just too simple, we can't stop ourselves from trying to be clever.

Here is a suggestion for shirt.woot, lets have some derbies where the designs have to be simple. No math, no Sci-Fi references, no video game references, just some cool every day shirts...

They have that...... It's called TJ Max

paulpnevada

quality posts: 26 Private Messages paulpnevada
gideonfrost wrote:3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971 93993751058209749445923078164062862089986280348253421170679

Neat. A slice of pi.

highwyre237

quality posts: 6 Private Messages highwyre237

maybe its all the studying I've been doing for the GMAT... but this shirt made me laugh out loud. Nothing like a morning where woot reconfirms just how big of a nerd I am.

bamaster

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bamaster

Let's see here. Four of the last five shirts... Mario Brothers, Star Wars, Portal 2, and now math.

Let's just go ahead and rename this place to nerd.woot.com.

kthx!

lcdrrn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lcdrrn

I hope I am home when this shirt arrives before my wife sees it. She forbade me to get anymore Woot shirts until I deleted some from my drawer. I just can't bear to part with any of them ... I love her but she has no sense of style.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Amazing tee ThatRobert! congrats!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

< pedantic linguist>
Except that π isn't pronounced "pie"
It's pronounced "pee"
< /pedantic linguist>
but I certainly wouldn't want THAT on a shirt.

move along

jemrkr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jemrkr
alanmedhurst wrote:Next math puzzle could be the volume of a pizza with radius 'z' and thickness 'a'

Love it!

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

Brilliant! How can I move on to other constants with ideas like this still undrawn?

Zalfrin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zalfrin
spilzer wrote:Am I the only one who was trying to figure out which cooking methods "/" and "=" could possibly refer to?

Roll the pumpkin up the wall?

Cut the pumpkin in half with an oreo?

This recipe makes no sense!

I did something similar, had to come to the comments to figure it out. In my defense, I haven't finished my first cup of coffee yet this morning.

My brain was like, "rolling pumpkin divided by spinning pumpkin equals pumpkin pie...huh???"

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Part of me wants faces on the pumpkins. I've got the 2012 Halloween Crawl already!

cook30

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cook30

It is the Wrong Pumpkin for Making Pumpkin Pie. You use a Neck Pumpkin to make Pumpkin Pie.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 151 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

missmelis wrote:Does that mean the pie on this shirt is also gluten-free?

I doubt there is any situation in any universe in which anyone could possibly be thankful for alcohol-free beer. But that could be my inner beer snob talking.

basfiji

quality posts: 9 Private Messages basfiji

Damn You Woot!!! My wife is going to kill me for buying this many shirts in a row.

5april2063

quality posts: 4 Private Messages 5april2063

That's amazing! I'd seriously consider buying one if someone designed it! (Hint, hint... I may steal that for the next applicable derby. )

**math geek**

aeson25

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aeson25

Technically, wouldn't (Pumpkin circumference)/ (Pumpkin diameter) result in a unitless number pi since "pumpkin" is in the numerator and denominator and thus cancelling out?

Denimbear

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Denimbear
qztv wrote:where does the whip cream come from

Out of the Whipped Cream can LOL>

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

BlenderMagician

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BlenderMagician

Can anyone help me? I want two shirts, but I want them sent different places. I got the first ordered fine. It won't let me order the second shirt. It says "your account has already purchased this sale."

graywh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages graywh
j5 wrote:< pedantic linguist>
Except that π isn't pronounced "pie"
It's pronounced "pee"
< /pedantic linguist>
but I certainly wouldn't want THAT on a shirt.

You're confusing the Greek letter and the geometric ratio.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 151 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

BlenderMagician wrote:Can anyone help me? I want two shirts, but I want them sent different places. I got the first ordered fine. It won't let me order the second shirt. It says "your account has already purchased this sale."

Link:Order Limit Per Account is 3
If you wish to purchase more shirts, we recommend you create an alternate account.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

Denimbear

Nicky33 wrote:Plain genius.

You could Do like them guys do on TV every year. Build a Punkin Chunkin Flinger Thinger. aka A Tribuchet (a catapult) And See who can Fling the Halloween Punkins the Farthest LOL. They Make it look Fun LOL. Just A thought . That way you can get rid of them . Pay back your Neighbors for their Dogs Messing on your Lawn ......;) .... Eh just a thought is all ;) lol

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

silentben

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silentben
thatrobert wrote:Brilliant! How can I move on to other constants with ideas like this still undrawn?

How about an image of a board, a man laying on his stomach, and the letter h stacked vertically (stack of planks)?

dsanders460

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsanders460
aeson25 wrote:Technically, wouldn't (Pumpkin circumference)/ (Pumpkin diameter) result in a unitless number pi since "pumpkin" is in the numerator and denominator and thus cancelling out?

Well we do not specifically know that is "pumpkin" pie. It might be like some of those frozen variety of pies, that while orange, I am not really sure are pumpkin at all... So while the pumpkins WOULD cancel each other out, you are still left with pi/pie

Denimbear

BlenderMagician wrote:Can anyone help me? I want two shirts, but I want them sent different places. I got the first ordered fine. It won't let me order the second shirt. It says "your account has already purchased this sale."

Contact them Thru Customer Support and they will be more than Happy to help you out there. The Customer Support ROCKS!!! They are the Greatest. Some of the others Can Attest to that. They have Help Me out aLot on Several occasions Trust me the Woot Monkeys In Customer Support Dont Bite they Just Squeal LOL> ;)

BlenderMagician

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BlenderMagician
ROGETRAY wrote:Link:Order Limit Per Account is 3
If you wish to purchase more shirts, we recommend you create an alternate account.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

But, I only purchased ONE. How can I tell if the second purchase (also of ONE) went through? I did not receive email confirmation of it, (I did for the first shirt.) Even the first shirt does not show up in the information on "my account", so I cannot tell that way either.