ruthjhodsoll

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ruthjhodsoll

Not effing fair! I rescue rabbits! I had a chem exam today because I'm effing 34 trying to go back to school to be a vet and now I find out the singularly best woot shirt I've had the privilege to see is sold out? Oh what a cruel world! Please someone out there, let me buy a large women's shirt of this! And I really didn't do as well as I should have on the exam, so I need this... please, os sweet gods!

alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo
ruthjhodsoll wrote:Not effing fair! I rescue rabbits! I had a chem exam today because I'm effing 34 trying to go back to school to be a vet and now I find out the singularly best woot shirt I've had the privilege to see is sold out? Oh what a cruel world! Please someone out there, let me buy a large women's shirt of this! And I really didn't do as well as I should have on the exam, so I need this... please, os sweet gods!

Good news: you can buy the shirt tomorrow!

Bad news: it will now cost you $15 (but the artist gets more $ so it's a win for him!)

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

ruthjhodsoll

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ruthjhodsoll

Oh please, oh please, oh please make more available! You have no idea! I rescue rabbits and had a chemistry exam not go so well today on my long road to becoming a wildlife vet (i.e. I didn't get to log on until after you sold out and my spirit really could use the boost). Please make more shirts available!

nanner93

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nanner93

this would be a great present for my rabbit loving friend. I just wouldn't tell her about the whole glow in the dark part.

ugotwhacked

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ugotwhacked

Woot, please make more of these, this has got to be the coolest shirt ive seen on here yet, monty python ftw

mattryan

quality posts: 42 Private Messages mattryan
JadenKale wrote:Could you imagine the trippy reenactment video that would make?

Think of the absolute awesomeness... *drools* We MUST ensure this comes to pass!!!

mattryan

quality posts: 42 Private Messages mattryan
nanner93 wrote:this would be a great present for my rabbit loving friend. I just wouldn't tell her about the whole glow in the dark part.

You must post the video of when you turn the lights out I see you and her in a bathroom with the lights on, get her to say Monty Python three times, then turn the lights off suddenly as she screams in terror!!!

colonelpuffpuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages colonelpuffpuff

I think we need to call for esuperchicken's head on a platter, as woot says that this is the person responsible for the sellout.

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis
ruthjhodsoll wrote:Oh please, oh please, oh please make more available! You have no idea! I rescue rabbits and had a chemistry exam not go so well today on my long road to becoming a wildlife vet (i.e. I didn't get to log on until after you sold out and my spirit really could use the boost). Please make more shirts available!

Don't worry, more will be available tomorrow! Shirts cost $15 after the first day, but it sounds like it would be worth it to you. Just check this link starting around midnight central time: http://shirt.woot.com/shirts/run-away-run-away

ETA: Sorry, I know this isn't as good as it would be if goldenthorn had done it... my mspaint skills are pretty much nonexistent.

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

Katbird1188

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Katbird1188

Why was this already sold out by mid-day? This might actually be the 1st shirt I buy for $15.

kissman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kissman

In a way, I'm glad it sold out because I would have spent the rest of the night contemplating if I could ever see myself wearing a shirt with a cute fluffy bunny on the front or not.

The shirt was totally awesome, though.

drturriff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drturriff

is it the rabbit from monty python and the holy grail..... friggin awesome, should be one of reckoning

jreed30

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jreed30

Ok, the first shirt I actually would have bought for myself, and it's sold out. That's just cruel.

TheFaz

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheFaz
lagomorphette wrote:Dude...rabbits aren't rodents, they're lagomorphs!

Did you create an account just to say that?

nkoelsch

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nkoelsch
Katbird1188 wrote:Why was this already sold out by mid-day? This might actually be the 1st shirt I buy for $15.

Got my order in when the button was bouncing...confirmation email is 3:20 EST

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

Narfcake

quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
jaellehanako wrote:you have to lift the bunny ban! This one is too awesome not to!

missmelis wrote:That's no ordinary rabbit! That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!

... That means it should be excluded from the bunny ban, right?

If you're still having trouble deciding... flip a coin!

I KNOW, I KNOW!

Now if someone could only put up a very nice graphical representation on where I need to click in a little over 3 hours, my night would be complete ...

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

Out of curiosity I just read the contracts to find out how much woot! shirt artists get paid. The contract states $500 or $1000 for shirts sold on the first day 3000 or less. I'm curious what happens if they sell 6000 like today? It didn't seem to be covered in the contract.

EDIT: Ah, I think I figured it out. "OR" on the day artwork is first made available. So basically $1000 whether it is a sellout or not, then $2 for each shirt sold at normal price (over $13) after that day.

missmelis

theguruguys wrote:Out of curiosity I just read the contracts to find out how much woot! shirt artists get paid. The contract states $500 or $1000 for shirts sold on the first day 3000 or less. I'm curious what happens if they sell 6000 like today? It didn't seem to be covered in the contract.

EDIT: Ah, I think I figured it out. "OR" on the day artwork is first made available. So basically $1000 whether it is a sellout or not, then $2 for each shirt sold at normal price (over $13) after that day.

Yeah, they haven't updated the contract (at least not the version that's publicly available through the FAQ) since well before they raised the first-day limit to 5000 last spring. Unfortunately, they haven't increased the first-day payout to the artist, either. If you want to see what some fellow shirt.wooters think about that, check out this thread.

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire

Grats on the 6000 sellout Lucky! Awesome shirt.

Narfcake

I flipped ... oh, does it even matter?

Last wooter to woot: Narfcake
Last purchase time: Friday, November 18, 2011, 12:07:37 AM Central Time
Woots sold: 6013

akayeh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akayeh
alfbo wrote:ZOMG IT'S BOUNCING!!!! Run and click the shiny yellow button now if you want it for $10!!!!

If you're on a mobile device, the button doesn't bounce. Nor is the ridiculously large gold button very big. So is there a way to add a mobile flag of some sort? I totally missed the shirt because I stopped to read the description. I see a flaw in the woot system!

missmelis

Narfcake wrote:I flipped ... oh, does it even matter?

Last wooter to woot: Narfcake
Last purchase time: Friday, November 18, 2011, 12:07:37 AM Central Time
Woots sold: 6013

It matters to me. I'm keeping notes on your shirt purchases.*

*Disclaimer: I'm lying.

Narfcake

missmelis wrote:It matters to me. I'm keeping notes on your shirt purchases.*

*Disclaimer: I'm lying.

Awww ... I was hoping you weren't. It'd make it so much easier ... one less list to keep track of.

But FWIW, this one puts my count up to 172, is my 4th Woot shirt and 8th combined with other sites that is designed by Lucky1988/Herky.

missmelis

Narfcake wrote:Awww ... I was hoping you weren't. It'd make it so much easier ... one less list to keep track of.

But FWIW, this one puts my count up to 172, is my 4th Woot shirt and 8th combined with other sites that is designed by Lucky1988/Herky.

If it makes you feel any better, even if I did try to keep track of your shirt purchases, it wouldn't last very long. Me keeping track of things usually doesn't. I'm ADD-riffic like that.

skelleton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skelleton

I love this. Simple and awesome. I have a thing for glow in the dark shirts, and for skeletons (obviously).

lifevirusx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lifevirusx

I just gotta say I really enjoy the writeup on this one

jneet

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jneet

Do you think this was intentional or just chance?

Cadapult

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cadapult

This is the Best Shirt Ever.

In for two for my sons, who love MP&THG as much as their old man does.

...more of a curmudgeon by the hour.

ellegee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellegee

I just received this and have to say, best shirt ever! From a t-shirt hoarder like me, that's saying a lot. I do wish the glow in the dark paint was closer to white in color, it shows quite a lot in the light. But not enough to ruin the fact that it's the BEST SHIRT EVER!

lifevirusx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lifevirusx

Only complaint is that the glow in the dark ink is really visible in light
People can tell it glows in the dark instantly even in sunlight

And it feels kinda rubbery but that's not a big deal

kzoorockstar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kzoorockstar

Best T-shirt ever! I haven't taken it off since I received it in the mail earlier today . . . but I am now that creepy person who goes to their friends houses & makes everyone turn off the lights & then shouts "Look at the bones!" in my worst impression of an English accent.
Yeah, my coolness factor has increased 10 fold thanks to this T-shirt!

elfdreamer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages elfdreamer
lifevirusx wrote:Only complaint is that the glow in the dark ink is really visible in light
People can tell it glows in the dark instantly even in sunlight

And it feels kinda rubbery but that's not a big deal

Yeah, the bones are really really visible on the bunny, even in daylight. Oh well, I'll still wear it, and it'll still be awesome.

jovino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jovino

The screen print is much thicker than necessary. Glow ink is fantastically bright. Overall a great shirt that is well worth the price.

Remember kids, wash this shirt inside out on cold and do not put it in the dryer!

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

Thanks for all the support everyone, I'm glad you are enjoying the shirt! p.s. can't wait to receive mine in person soon.

Narfcake

lucky1988 wrote:p.s. can't wait to receive mine in person soon.

SnailPost is sure taking its time; I received mine in a record-setting 3 days.

(A subsequent shirt took its normal 7 days to get here, however.)

microwave_safe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages microwave_safe

I'm really disappointed you can see the bones very visibly in the light. It's nothing like the mockup. Oh well.

It does start to glow nearly instantly (less than 5 mins) and it is bright, so I guess that's the trade off. Still a cute shirt...

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Narfcake wrote:SnailPost is sure taking its time; I received mine in a record-setting 3 days.

(A subsequent shirt took its normal 7 days to get here, however.)

Hi Narf, I ordered my shirt right before thanksgiving so I expect some delay due to the holiday (shirtwoot deserves a break too). You're lucky to get it so fast in 3 days, that must be a record.

ccrunner149

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ccrunner149

I wonder how well the glow-in-dark print lasts after a few washes. Anyone have any experiences with that?

susannamiller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages susannamiller

I really loved the concept for this shirt but was disappointed when I got mine because the glow-in-the dark part just looks yellow and sickly. It's a new shirt but it makes me feel like I'm either supporting jaundice bunnies, I'm an incredibly sloppy eater, I don't know how to wash my clothes properly, or the bunny had an accident all over my shirt. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to use it as more than a night shirt :-/

funbunny

quality posts: 26 Private Messages funbunny

Gotta get this for hubby. Everytime I leave the house, he tells me our rabbit tried to kill him or how he had to clean all the headless corpses out of the bunny's bedroom.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei