heatherheath3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heatherheath3
jnrice wrote:As a future PT I can say that I would love to have this shirt... I'm not sure if it will win the derby though. We just need all of the runners, walkers, hikers, to vote it up.

I'm a PT student as well! I'm gonna like it, but I think it'd be way better with different colors! haha I swear I just saw it and was like ahhh! Gait cycle!! :P

vaiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vaiv

Light refracted through a prism happens in nature every day. Through dispersion we get rainbows.Behold the awesome power of light.

enjoy

eeschultz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eeschultz
misterpookie wrote:I can't help but giggle about how boohoo everyone gets over shirt designs.

Marry me, misterpookie.

morgankohl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morgankohl
misterpookie wrote:I can't help but giggle about how boohoo everyone gets over shirt designs. A Day of Thanksgiving (1951). Designs. Don't like it? Don't buy it. One you didn't like doesn't make it? Go make a custom shirt for a few bucks and stop ripping on an extremely well designed shirt.

Thank you!!! If you don't like it, shut up and don't vote for it. If you think you can do better, than effing do better and maybe YOU will make it to the fog.

bjmantis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bjmantis
Re: Math moths get canned

He was caught at a math lab.

aluhx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aluhx
kylemittskus wrote:Well, that's not a very good counter argument, is it?

There's no need for a counterargument. :'D
I think the design is fine as it is, and while I do disagree with people here, I will respect them. So no more from me.

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
Re: Realizing Gravity (Hitchhiker's Guide to Falling)

Excellent textures! And great use of only 3 colors.

killmak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages killmak
morgankohl wrote:Thank you!!! If you don't like it, shut up and don't vote for it. If you think you can do better, than effing do better and maybe YOU will make it to the fog.

If I don't like a design I can not critique it however people that like it can state why they like it? That makes no sense. If I have an opinion about a shirt design I have the same right to state that opinion as everyone else does.

Lets complain about people complaining.

morgankohl

killmak wrote:If I don't like a design I can not critique it however people that like it can state why they like it? That makes no sense. If I have an opinion about a shirt design I have the same right to state that opinion as everyone else does.

Lets complain about people complaining.

Critique to your little heart's content. I just think that you ladies are getting a little catty. (No pun intended.)

ee0600

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ee0600
Re: The Divine Prrrrrrrrrportion!

I just love your characters!!

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
kylemittskus wrote:You make your own counter argument. The fractal randomly slapped in the background has nothing to do with the proposed fractal that you're describing in DNA.

He represents the DNA fractally in the design.
He also has a completely unrelated, non-sequitur fractal in the background.

I don't make my own counterargument. The design would still feature a fractal (albeit a scientifically inaccurate one) if the background weren't there at all.

lutherann

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lutherann
Re: The Adding Tree

Much too close to the original.

brerfunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brerfunk
madalice wrote:But why would this be any more copywrite infringing than the cookie monster shirt that's sold so well?

I think the Fraggles and Muppets are owned by Disney, but Sesame Street is not. From what I've seen Disney stuff gets rejected for copyright issues.

sjmatt8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjmatt8
dreadwood wrote:As awesome as this is, I don't think I would wear it on a shirt. I wish it was better integrated instead of just being a box. Awesome art though.

I agree. The integration of the nautilus pattern is cool, but the box kills it. I'd say just go with the nautilus shell shape if there wasn't already one like that in the fog...

superstargoddess

quality posts: 2 Private Messages superstargoddess
Re: The Divine Prrrrrrrrrportion!

This is awesome, I hope it makes it!

I am looking to buy "Life Choices", any size, send me a message!

So fuhqued up.

axphw1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages axphw1
Re: You Me Baby - Me = 2

Oh I see what you did here. You rebel.

+1 (while it lasts)

miquinn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miquinn
axphw1 wrote:Oh I see what you did here. You rebel.

+1 (while it lasts)

hahaha and I am not expecting it to last long :D

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
ptotheabltotheo wrote:and when will this shirts be for sale?????

It's up for voting right now, along with all the other shirts in this derby. Since you have not bought any woot products, you don't have a block to let you vote for it. To change that, buy any item for sale at any woot site before the derby ends, which will be Thurs noon Central time.

juliaL719

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juliaL719
morgankohl wrote:Critique to your little heart's content. I just think that you ladies are getting a little catty. (No pun intended.)

So we're going to get misogynistic too. Got it.

inspektordogge

quality posts: 4 Private Messages inspektordogge
lutherann wrote:Much too close to the original.

Well, I redrew the entire thing without tracing and altered the color to match the grass tshirt color... It's difficult to parody such an iconic cover without some amount of imitation, otherwise it may not be recognizable.

lunaprat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lunaprat
Re: Star Power

I love it, just curious, is it black or navy?

morgankohl

juliaL719 wrote:So we're going to get misogynistic too. Got it.

Derisive, perhaps. Misogynistic, no.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Re: Schrödinger's Equation

Wow, people are getting quite a bit sensitive here. First of all, I just wanted to address the text-only point. The no text-only designs has always been synonymous with "no slogans only." This shirt very clearly presents a graphic element, and while it would be an issue in an incidental text only derby, there is definitely an image represented here, not just text. The image didn't just appear out of thin air by magic, I had to physically draw out the cat itself, and then hand write all of the numbers and symbols to conform to its shape. It is not hidden or difficult to see, it is obviously there, and took many hours to create.

That aside, I am really glad that a lot of people are loving this design. It is something completely different from me and took a lot of planning and thought to put together. I love hearing that people can find a personal connection to my designs, whether it be through work or a pet cat. It is a great feeling to create something that people can relate to and enjoy. Thanks so much

Labrylla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Labrylla

We would just like to point out that this is both a shirt and not a shirt right now.

To all the haters: jeez, calm down.

zanuhdu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zanuhdu

One of the few I think actually follows the intention of the derby! I want this.

vaiv

I don't get it. Can you tell me how this follow the derby for this week. Maybe I'm missing it completely.

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
zanuhdu wrote:One of the few I think actually follows the intention of the derby! I want this.

Thank you!

shagypirate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shagypirate
Re: sPiral

Why are so many stellar designs wasted on the lamest and most boring (non)color? Who wants a closet full of "asphalt grey" shirts.

felixity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages felixity

Didn't they say no text only?

mattlussier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattlussier
Re: Fun With Fibonacci

would love to know how may hours you spent on this... the tedium of modifying numbers to patterns is crazy

mattlussier

Re: Flying Lessons

cute...

anjoolashirt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anjoolashirt

I would like to buy this shirt, but you have a problem in your equation and it REALLY BUGS ME!!!

The Schrodinger's equation on the bottom should contain h-bar NOT h... you should change that ASAP.

Some people are saying your equation is right because "the units work out" but it's not the units that is the problem, but the scaling.

mattlussier

ainecful wrote:I just can't help thinking that the cat has an udder.

mmmmmmm...cat milk...so yummy.....

mattlussier

Re: Replicating Pattern

definitely digging this one over fractal winter...

csl312

quality posts: 4 Private Messages csl312
Re: The Adding Tree

This might be the most on-theme entry here. It is too bad it is most likely rejection bound =(

mattlussier

shagypirate wrote:Why are so many stellar designs wasted on the lamest and most boring (non)color? Who wants a closet full of "asphalt grey" shirts.

i really played with many color schemes on this one...in the end, i felt the design popped better on a black shirt (yuck) or asphalt... what would your ideal color scheme be for a shirt design like this?

mattlussier

anjoolashirt wrote:I would like to buy this shirt, but you have a problem in your equation and it REALLY BUGS ME!!!

The Schrodinger's equation on the bottom should contain h-bar NOT h... you should change that ASAP.

Some people are saying your equation is right because "the units work out" but it's not the units that is the problem, but the scaling.

if i was smart enough to get this shirt...i would totally agree with you.

vaiv

wheres the math other than the title. Looks remarkably similar to some of Hokusai's wave paintings. Nice though.

mhmanos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhmanos

Text-only!

lepyan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lepyan
vaiv wrote:wheres the math other than the title. Looks remarkably similar to some of Hokusai's wave paintings. Nice though.

After looking at other entries, I suppose the math would be clear if I had used y = Sin(x), in the design. Yep, definitely influenced by Hokusai. Thanks for the comments.