airjordants

quality posts: 0 Private Messages airjordants
raccoonbacon wrote:I completely agree, eeschultz

Why do the discussion boards continuously revert back to compaining in one form or another? The weekly Derbies are there for people to create designs and for them to be voted on. It doesn't matter what looks "artsy", "cutesy", whatever. The people buying vote and whatever submissions get the top three totals of votes, get printed; end of story.

I personally love this koala design and that is why I was first in line to buy it. If you don't like a certain design, move on and wait for another shirt design that you like.

The point is that out of the nine shirts that were in the Fog for this derby, there were only three "cutesy" designs. Two of those three designs made it to the printing stage, while the other six, with a much more artistic point of view (namely the snake painting) were left in the dust, save for Buried Treasure from yesterday. I just wish the community here had better taste, although subjective, "cartoonish" designs just don't work on shirts for me.

Oh well, this is over with and the other designs aren't ever going to see the light of day. I only expect more of the same in future derbies.

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
raccoonbacon wrote:Why do the discussion boards continuously revert back to compaining in one form or another?

It's just the Woot way, really. It's been that way for years, and for better or worse, will continue to be so.

airjordants wrote:... I just wish the community here had better taste, although subjective, "cartoonish" designs just don't work on shirts for me.

Oh well, this is over with and the other designs aren't ever going to see the light of day. I only expect more of the same in future derbies.

I underlined the key words up there. Often times, what I vote for ends up just outside the fog. It is what it is, and then you hope that the editors have the same opinion as you do and picks them for a future double-take.

krandaller

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krandaller
airjordants wrote:Is Woot full of housewives and soccer moms or something? I can't believe such great designs were overshadowed by these childish and cartoony creature shirts. Australia has much more vastness and beauty to it than just koalas... lately I just feel like giving up on here.

I agree with your sentiment, but really? Way to unfairly stereotype an entire group of people.

airjordants

quality posts: 0 Private Messages airjordants

I shouldn't have stereotyped like that, it's not something I normally do, but I was a bit peeved at the moment of that posting and those two words just came to mind. Sorry for any harsh feelings, they weren't intended.

raccoonbacon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages raccoonbacon

If I may, can we just move on from this whole thing, congratulate Walmazan for his design printing and look forward to the new designs that are on the horizon?

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake

Debut day - 1057.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 162 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

First Day Sales: 1057