zerglingfood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zerglingfood
Re: Old Meets New

I like it, but I'd like it better without the text and with normal rocket flames instead of a rainbow. Those are make it a little too kawaii for me. But the dino's expression is great.

LoreHera

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LoreHera
Re: Geek Chic

Five colors. The drop shadow is done with solid black, no gradients, no shading.

freeagent08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freeagent08
xazothia wrote:Not only did this already print at RIPT (here) in 2010, but it also seems that it was available on Qwertee earlier this year as well. on top of that, this isn't even on topic.

:/

I'm sure that the copyright is still with me. Is this design has no place in this derby.. I'm just trying with my first submission.. Thanks for the comment Sir..

choanata

quality posts: 1 Private Messages choanata
Re: Existential Whale

This is the first time I've actually taken the time to log in and vote in a while. I love this idea. It's subtle enough to appeal to HGTTG fans, but even if you have no idea, it's still a cool idea for a shirt.

And for the record, I like shirts that reference pop culture, and I get tons of comments when wearing my Hieroglyphic Mario shirt or my R2DJ Jukebox shirt.

hawley35

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hawley35
srbaritono wrote:Indiana Jones = Sci Fi.

Ummm no, no its not. Just because they crammed some aliens into the last movie does not make it sci-fi. The series is more an action adventure, and contains very little fictional science.

If you want to call a giant mutant cookie sci-fi I guess I could get on board with that.

mightyrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightyrain
Re: Push the button, Luke!

mattlussier wrote:BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT
sadly, will be lost on the voters here i reckon. (they have a type and rarely deviate from it) but this is hilarious! 1up!

Thank you! Yeah... if I snuck and cute ninja... or a penguin... or Cookie Monster into it... I might stand a very small chance of winning. Regardless, this shirt will be available elsewhere when this deby is done.

hawley35

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hawley35
Radscoolian wrote:I wasn't sure if the pink and the gore was off-putting, so I decided to resub without it. Hope you like!

Much better without the pink!

peanutbutterfly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peanutbutterfly
fungusamongus wrote:In the future we'll bring dinosaurs back, teach them to speak, and put them in space!!! Enjoy

This is wonderful! It stood out to me immediately. I'd prefer it without the quote, but I'd buy/wear it anyway. KAWAII!!!

ResidualChaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ResidualChaos

If this doesn't print you really need to make it available somehow so I can buy it for my husband.

fungusamongus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fungusamongus
Re: Old Meets New

Thanks so much! I tried to go as over the top on the cute factor as I could for this. Glad you guys like it!

fungusamongus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fungusamongus
Re: FTL Kawaii

Thank you very much! Glad you guys like it!

collinvh

quality posts: 62 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Blooper Trooper

Here's a few detail shots

Oxyminoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Oxyminoan
choanata wrote:This is the first time I've actually taken the time to log in and vote in a while. I love this idea. It's subtle enough to appeal to HGTTG fans, but even if you have no idea, it's still a cool idea for a shirt.

And for the record, I like shirts that reference pop culture, and I get tons of comments when wearing my Hieroglyphic Mario shirt or my R2DJ Jukebox shirt.

Same. Glad it fogged, but not going to get my hopes up. There hasn't been a derby shirt that's won in over a year that I actually wanted to buy.

dina1234

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dina1234
Re: It's inevitable (please revote!!!)

No symbol now- please revote and get this back to the fog! Thanks!

csl312

quality posts: 4 Private Messages csl312
VIIIofXIII wrote:The word "storm" is only used in the title and fails to relate the concept of stormtroopers to the concept of birds. And if these stormtrooper birds are preparing for an attack on the Death Star, or even an attack of the Death Star on something else, should they not be ON the Death Star instead of that far away from it?

I thought there might actually be some sort of pun or concept at play here that I was overlooking, but I guess not. Quelle surprise.

Why does there have to be something to "get" in this shirt? Is there something to "get" with the shirt in the fog right now called "escape"? Because I don't see any complaints in that thread. This design is not particularly poorly drawn either, so those complaints seem invalid to me. Just because you have something against the artists doesn't mean you need to come to the thread about his shirts and find something to gripe about, just stay away if you don't like him.

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
fairnymph wrote:Design is WIN, brown coloured shirt is FAIL FAIL FAIL.

Just don't like brown or don't like brown with this design? I really wanted to do a brown shirt for this one as a reference to Browncoats, which is why I chose it.

collinvh

Re: I'm a freaking Jedi!

Bummer Walmazan. Loved the shirt and very wearable. Resub?

collinvh

Re: Arrival

Very cool style and colors! +1

collinvh

Re: How to make an electric mouse

Is that the Woot! "!"? Great work!

collinvh

Re: Wrong Droid

Great work Spiritgreen! Love your color choices and the blue glow.

amreli

Re: Meowtropolis

Nice! Excellent use of shirt color, too.

shawkolate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shawkolate
Re: All Hail Our New Overlords!

I dunno man, seems on-topic to me, the topic is sci-fi...... also, how is "looks like pictures" a reason?

~Shawkolate (Road Rash)

collinvh

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=58593]:: CAPTAIN TOFU

Wow. Love it! Could you post a close up picture of the full design? GMV

YinofYang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages YinofYang

As this is a Sci-fi Kawaii derby, this design doesn't really fit the theme, but on its own, it's a gorgeous design. I love the colors and the placement.

amreli

Re: Like a Lumbering Leaf on the Wind

Awwww! And yeah, the saddest part of Serenity...

amreli

Re: This is a Space Ermine

Also remarkably cute...love the color choices.

amreli

Re: I Am Awesome, But...

Yes indeed, awesome!

amreli

Re: Big Guy

Your style is perfect for this shirt, love it!

gogotw

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gogotw
Re: A Kawaii-work Orange

I agree with adding part of the hat, if not the whole thing. I will await the re-submission.

amykeniston

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amykeniston
shadowsong wrote:cute design, but i'm worried about the block placement in relation to nipples.

That is the only reason I wouldn't buy this if it was printed. I love it otherwise!

gogotw

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gogotw

I like how this looks almost like a band t-shirt. It works well.

amreli

Re: Inevitable Betrayal

I actually think the colors are perfect! Overall I like it, Wash looks a bit like a junkie, though, and I'm trying to figure out why...still GMV.

drewpac18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewpac18
Re: KHAAAAAAAAANNN!! PEDDLE FASTER!!

I know that they say they rejected it because of the Starfleet emblem, but if you just change that, they're probably going to reject it because of the celebrity likenesses.

drewpac18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewpac18
Re: Can I Keep It?

Man... and I only scribbled that Starfleet emblem as an after-thought I'll have it removed and resubbed as quick as I can.

amykeniston

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amykeniston
Re: This is a Space Ermine

This is so cute! I don't understand why its so low on the list. Space weasel? Come on how could you not love it.

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

If this is kawaii, then I changed my mind about liking kawaii! Too bad it's not...

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

szquared

quality posts: 0 Private Messages szquared
Re: Seyonra Gringy

That's not even copying, that's just outright stealing. That's disgusting.

Young Darth

logicalcupcake

quality posts: 5 Private Messages logicalcupcake

xmanpackerfan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xmanpackerfan
collinvh wrote:This has to be Blooper's biggest blooper!

Had this inked Thursday night but the coloring took forever! Hope you enjoy the design and please vote.

I would love to buy this tshirt....BTW I was the packer fan at starbucks that admire the art..... Good Luck....

cheeto1377

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheeto1377
dina1234 wrote:No symbol now- please revote and get this back to the fog! Thanks!

Which one is Stan and which one is Kyle? I like the design; however, since Kyle has red hair he would better be portrayed as Scotty instead of Nimoy. Just a thought.