Randyotter

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Randyotter
qwasdfz wrote:yeah penguins being abducted by aliens...am i missing something or is this just not funny?

Its not funny or conceptually smart the abduction beam/glow is well rendered but thats about it

weigelcam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weigelcam

This is great! definitely a buy!

solusumbra

quality posts: 1 Private Messages solusumbra
Re: Escape

For the first time in many weeks I see a shirt I absolutely must have, and what do you know? Its a Patrickspens shirt. Way to dominate my wardrobe sir!

vorteks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vorteks
Re: Kentucky Fried Road Runner

Funny shirt in of itself. But totally off topic for this derby. It is neither sci-fi, nor cute.

shogunbydesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shogunbydesign
Re: Escape

Bitter-sweet, superb illustration.

astrophrenia

quality posts: 1 Private Messages astrophrenia
Re: It's inevitable (please revote!!!)

Almost perfect... I have to wonder why you didn't make Kyle's hair orange though... you could have kept the haircut, but without the signature ginger it's a little confusing.

Great design otherwise! Naturally, the redshirt Kenny makes the shirt.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=58593]:: CAPTAIN TOFU

This is really cool. Love this style.

docdetroit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages docdetroit

I would totally buy this even it doesn't get sent to the Reckoning!!!! PLZ make!

Re: Han Who?

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots

aspherical

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aspherical
HeartlineTwist wrote:So what genre would you consider head-exploding Ark of the Covenant beams? Or ripping someone's heart out and having it burst into flames as their still living body is lowered into lava? Or a mind control potion? Or really anything relating to the Holy Grail at the end of the 3rd movie?

I'll grant you that the first 3 films are primarily not science fiction films, but there are easily science fiction aspects.

Fantasy. Except the mind control drugs. Those could be science fiction.

BootsBoots

Re: A pretty lousy day

D'aww...

collinvh

quality posts: 61 Private Messages collinvh
xmanpackerfan wrote:I would love to buy this tshirt....BTW I was the packer fan at starbucks that admire the art..... Good Luck....

Awesome! I'm glad like how the shirt turned out and that you found me on woot! Hope you follow my future work. Thanks for the great comment Packerfan.

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
Re: May the Cookies Be with you!

Its a little late... I know but comment and vote please!

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
nights123 wrote:I liked the reference you created there with the brownshirt...plus I think the colors you used really complemented the shirts color. There are too many grey shirts on woot anyway

Thanks. It was actually a little difficult to use the brown, since space themes tend to use grays/blues, so I had to use a different palette than I normally would have.

calebmitchell

quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell
maryborn wrote:Can I get some feedback on the shirt? What do you like? What do you hate? It would be appreciated XD

Overall...I really like it actually! It's rare that I find a shirt that I don't see at least a few flaws in. Honestly, the only thing, if anything, that I could say was maybe move the Navi-bot a smidgen to the left so you could see Death Star-Majora's eye a little better, but honestly, if you did do that then the fact that you incorporated those two things together would probably be a lot less subtle.

Great second attempt! I really wish this would move up faster. Best of luck! +1

aluhx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aluhx
HeartlineTwist wrote:Other flightless birds would like to get some love, too, ya know.

Requesting an emu please.

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan
Re: Ninjas in space (with dinosaurs)

This is hands-down the best entry in this derby. Creative, original, beautifully rendered artwork. Simply wonderful in so many ways. If it doesn't make it here, I sincerely hope you get it printed elsewhere.

cuzwhynot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cuzwhynot
BootsBoots wrote:I like.

Thanks so much to everyone who's voted so far! My first triple digit shirt!

BTW BootsBoots, I'm still pretty new to this, but I just discovered shirt.what the other day and you've really done some fantastic work! So thanks very much, the compliment means a lot

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Woodland Exterminators

Thanks everyone!

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
Re: Unidentified Flying Penguin

I can't help but think Ramy submitted this one just to taunt his critics.

I agree that the abduction beam is nice, but the design is otherwise unremarkable.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: 7 deadly sins at the palace

*puts on nerd hat*

Han's blaster could not have put such a large hole in a Rodian. That wound is completely unrealistic.

*takes nerd hat off*

I get why you did it though, it's much more clear. Artistic license. ;)

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
Re: Chewie and Han… Buddies Forever

I like this version a lot better! It made me laugh.

adanabbett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adanabbett
VIIIofXIII wrote:What's the joke?

The joke is when those birds try to take off -- all of them faceplant because they can't lift up those heavy helmets with their teeny-tiny little wings.

Come to think of it, if he had one doing a headstand towards the bottom of the shirt I totally would have voted for it.

maryborn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maryborn
calebmitchell wrote:Overall...I really like it actually! It's rare that I find a shirt that I don't see at least a few flaws in. Honestly, the only thing, if anything, that I could say was maybe move the Navi-bot a smidgen to the left so you could see Death Star-Majora's eye a little better, but honestly, if you did do that then the fact that you incorporated those two things together would probably be a lot less subtle.

Great second attempt! I really wish this would move up faster. Best of luck! +1

Thank you so much! This design moved up fast the first day but has slowed down since. I hope it gains momentum too.

elmosuperman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elmosuperman
Re: A pretty lousy day

This is hilarious. Always good to see the 'wicked' side of the story.

Ryokincaid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ryokincaid
Re: Existential Whale

I love this shirt, with or without the reference, but I think the reference makes the whale that much more existential!

I really hope this makes it. Great job jasneko!!

Luxasia

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Luxasia

You have taken two of my favorite things on the planet and mashed them together. I cannot stress how much I need this shirt!!!!! Awesome job!

Do not follow me, I walk into walls!

joeray1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeray1
manikx66 wrote:so tired of people saying i stole the box trap idea from odysseyroc. i was still new to this site when i put up this design orginally and didnt even know of that design. besides that the box trap is not original to anyone it has been around for a long time its a general concept not something you can steal. this person took my design and slapped another title on it without even changing something on the design thats stealing. if that had taken the idea and drawn something completly different heck even in the same pose i wouldnt care.

i think its a great shirt and think that it would sell very well. you should post it.

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
starksre wrote:A horse bit me once

I went to a zoo once. Contrary to popular belief, animals besides penguins, turtles, and bunnies do in fact exist.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

mightyrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightyrain
mattlussier wrote:it looks like you have resurrected the MST3k franchise.. .mst3k themed derbies are coming out of the wood-work now.

I only saw the one, I'll have to actually click on some more to check them out. What can I say... I remember a good franchise after I see it.

Barbequepork

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barbequepork
Radscoolian wrote:I wasn't sure if the pink and the gore was off-putting, so I decided to resub without it. Hope you like!

Better w/o pink, gmv

misha103

quality posts: 0 Private Messages misha103
Re: Kids Are Zombies Too

The braincicle is just too cute

cjkyle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cjkyle

poor bela lugosi... too bad Plan 9 did not work for him- he could have finished the movie.

misha103

quality posts: 0 Private Messages misha103
sunaness wrote:Nah, the text makes it for me.

Yep, me too

smarag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smarag

Any chance that this has a little inspiration from Full Metal Alchemist?

missmissa07

quality posts: 12 Private Messages missmissa07

I don't think this is going to print here since you had to resubmit it so late, but once you get the rights back to the image, you should submit it to TeeFury. I imagine it would print easily there.

missmissa07

quality posts: 12 Private Messages missmissa07
Re: Chewie and Han… Buddies Forever

I don't own any Star Wars shirts, but this is so spectacular that I would make it my first one.

Dolemite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dolemite

Unfortunately, he was dead before Ed Wood even made the movie.

cjkyle wrote:poor bela lugosi... too bad Plan 9 did not work for him- he could have finished the movie.

BootsBoots

cuzwhynot wrote:Thanks so much to everyone who's voted so far! My first triple digit shirt!

BTW BootsBoots, I'm still pretty new to this, but I just discovered shirt.what the other day and you've really done some fantastic work! So thanks very much, the compliment means a lot

Hey, thanks! I just sent you a PM, by the way.

atomicpope

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atomicpope

When did the Doctor turn into Michael Jackson?