SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: george

Cute cat, and very nice use of shadows, no1!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
mightyrain wrote:Saddly, when Marty traveled back to 1955 the second time, he altered our current future, and the hover car was never created... sad

I personally think we should blame Eureka and Global Dynamics. It's their fault.

kallinan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kallinan
Spiritgreen wrote:"Utinni!"

The first version was squished for having too close a resemblance to the Android character (although the proportions are quite different). This revised design is now more mechanical looking, Andy is more 3D rather than flat, and has X_X.

Hopefully that helps. I feel the parody is as clear as it can be - Jawas capture and trade droids, but this is the wrong kind. So my changes are all visual rather than conceptual. Hopefully for the better.

Please re-vote! It's six colors on slate. See a BIG VERSION here.

Thanks,
---Spiritgreen

Yeah, this sucks. I have to imagine parody & fair use would have protected your original design just fine. Oh well, up to the fog ya go!

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Re: Existential Whale

Finally!

I've been waiting for an existentialist whale shirt.

girlysatan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages girlysatan
Re: If it Bleeds you should hug it

I think this is too great. I already thought Xenomorphs and Predators were cute, and this makes me really happy =)

ignorant

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ignorant
Re: Wrong Droid (2.0)

Voted again hope you can make up the lost ground.

megahertz67

quality posts: 1 Private Messages megahertz67
Re: Sora is a Chibi Timelord resub

I know sometimes I miss a reference here or there...but I have no clue about this one.

zwartepaard

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zwartepaard
Re: How to make an electric mouse

I love the idea, but the execution seems a little off. He doesn't have his red cheeks or his lightning tail! D: Could've stretched or kinked his tail with a machine in the step where he got his ears pulled.

Love the idea though.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

GMV again!

polluxoil

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polluxoil

I hope this fogs again. I was really upset to see it rejected. D:

Woot you better HM this if it doesn't make it back up there! I want this shirt!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 218 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Holy moley. Thanks for the renewed support everyone!

quitstalin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quitstalin
Re: Dammit, Jim

Can also be changed to "Darn it" for PC

elfdreamer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages elfdreamer

Portal is powerful at shirt.woot

raccoonbacon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages raccoonbacon
xninjagrrl wrote:I had no idea Wash was such a popular character. I was always neutral towards him. Actually, I always thought that Spanish wife of his was way too hot for him, which made me think he must have been the luckiest guy in the galaxy, well, er, until he died that is.

Wait... She was Spanish?

Dolemite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dolemite

I'm just glad to see some older references. How many Star Wars/Star Trek/Firefly shirts do we need?

Re: Human...Inspected and Passed

Dolemite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dolemite

YES! I've got three more votes than a person who didn't even submit an entry!

Re: Plan 9 From Outer Space

raccoonbacon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages raccoonbacon

I really liked v1.0, but i must admit that v2.0 looks almost better. I like the way the droid now looks like it has depth and roundness, just like a real R2 unit...

Also, with the electrical swirly thingies, the Xs for eyes almost makes more sense.

GMV (again)!

Narfcake

quality posts: 289 Private Messages Narfcake

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Re: Taking Care of the Bad Guys

Wish I could vote twice.

Spiritgreen

Re: A pretty lousy day

And that's why you never sleep in a Wampa's cave.

Wait, that's not a prosthetic arm! o_O

arcade-art

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arcade-art
raccoonbacon wrote:I really liked v1.0, but i must admit that v2.0 looks almost better. I like the way the droid now looks like it has depth and roundness, just like a real R2 unit...

Also, with the electrical swirly thingies, the Xs for eyes almost makes more sense.

GMV (again)!

this

............ Video Game Art and Custom Sprites ............

Spiritgreen

Re: Spock meets an lolcat

This turned out nice, Jas'. :^)

The Meme Age is indeed the most illogical in human history. ::eats a Giga Pudding::

zosai

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zosai
mightyrain wrote:I made it as they are just about to sit down and watch it. I am going to do a version with Star Trek on the screen lol.

Also for thise interested in the design, after the derby feel free to search for "mightyrain" on redbubble. I have many designs there.

You'll want to wait for your 60-day hold period to expire before you try to sell it. Woot owns the rights to all submitted designs for 60 days after submission, unless they are given an honorable mention, then the hold extends until after the next double take derby, unless the artist opts out of said double-take. (it was in the terms and conditions on the submission page)

qwasdfz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages qwasdfz
Re: 7 deadly sins at the palace

I definitely lusted after that one. ;)

qwasdfz

Re: Portal Testing

i'm sorry but i absolutely despise this shirt. A random shirt with cute animals just throwing portals in there. I was hoping any portal jokes would be intelligent instead of fuzzy animals deciding they have the brain capacity to mess with a portal machine. Thank You.

qwasdfz

Re: Por-tail

i'm sorry but i absolutely despise this shirt. A random shirt with cute animals just throwing portals in there. I was hoping any portal jokes would be intelligent instead of fuzzy animals deciding they have the brain capacity to mess with a portal machine. Thank You.

qwasdfz

Wow I never thought I would say this but good job Ramyb. A pop culture reference with a cute animal that I don't find intoxicatingly disgusting. GMV!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Revoted! Nice work on the changes, Spirit. I think I would have sunken into a deep depressive hole somewhere and not resubbed, cause Im a baby :{. Im glad you're determination is powering this guy back up again. Good luck!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Your mice are cuter than my mice. ;_; -mope-

Spiritgreen

bassanimation wrote:Revoted! Nice work on the changes, Spirit. I think I would have sunken into a deep depressive hole somewhere and not resubbed, cause Im a baby :{. Im glad you're determination is powering this guy back up again. Good luck!

That was my first instinct. :p Glad I gave it another shot though.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: The Attack

Charming! Love the style.

Vote!

aausterm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aausterm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Android_robot.svg

The Android robot is under a creative commons use to remix/share, so I don't see how the first one got rejected. Anyways, I am revoting and hope you make it back up.

vaiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vaiv

Well, if your a star trek fan or know the meme of Kirk yelling KHAAAAAANNN, they you would get it. Its basically a comment on star trek 2:wrath ok khan. I thought it would be funny to have kirk yelling at khan but make it funny since they are in a peddle boat that happens to be cute.

sunaness

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness

BLAST IT. I ha a feeling. I'm revoting, hopefully we can get this back up. Why do they wait so long to reject? Ugh.

khonrichan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages khonrichan

I hope this wins. I saw it in the pre-derby thread and had to have it.

I will probably buy 3 of them if it wins.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
aausterm wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Android_robot.svg

The Android robot is under a creative commons use to remix/share, so I don't see how the first one got rejected. Anyways, I am revoting and hope you make it back up.

i'm no lawyer, but if i read it right, the google cc license says you have to attribute google wherever their droid is used, and i didn't see that in the original rejected design. parody might permit its use, but i think that falls under general copyright law; i think the creative commons license doesn't offer any more permission than what is already there, absent a google attribution.

leil13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leil13
Re: Por-tail

I'm sorry, but I feel like this has been done do death. It's a good design, but I would have liked it better if there was more to it, like if it was chasing it's own tail and caught it or if it was sniffing it's own butt, as someone mentioned earlier. My apologies, but it's my opinion. Please don't take any offense.

mlikwe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlikwe
ramyb wrote:have been trying to at least provide some variety within my own entries

I definitely notice you have more variety than a lot of people claim you do, especially with the outback and Aztec sunset

artgirl929

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artgirl929
Re: Lovestar

Love your stuff midgerock, and even though as you said this was out of your comfort zone it is very successful, i voted earlier but thought i'd let you know that you got my vote.