mryac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mryac
ClaudiaM wrote:What's the blackboard script say?

just a random font i thought would come off looking like a lesson in elvish

Megatrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Megatrain
quitstalin wrote:Can also be changed to "Darn it" for PC

So, is this a reference to Bones' fear of transporters?

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 24 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
qwasdfz wrote:i'm sorry but i absolutely despise this shirt. A random shirt with cute animals just throwing portals in there. I was hoping any portal jokes would be intelligent instead of fuzzy animals deciding they have the brain capacity to mess with a portal machine. Thank You.

"Down the rabbit hole" :P

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

clos5186

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clos5186
Spiritgreen wrote:"Utinni!"

The first version was squished for having too close a resemblance to the Android character (although the proportions are quite different). This revised design is now more mechanical looking, Andy is more 3D rather than flat, and has X_X.

Hopefully that helps. I feel the parody is as clear as it can be - Jawas capture and trade droids, but this is the wrong kind.

Alternatively, this might be about Lucasfilm charging Motorola big buck$ just for using the word Droid on their Android based phones. Beware Uncle George's Jawas! They're always on the lookout for business opportunities. :-p

So my changes are all visual rather than conceptual. Hopefully for the better.

Please re-vote! It's six colors on slate. See a BIG VERSION here.

Thanks,
---Spiritgreen

Maybe the problem was the use of the word 'Droid' as that is trademarked by Lucasfilm. Hopefully this one goes through but if not simply removing that word or changing the characters color may be enough to get it through.

Megatrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Megatrain
Re: Scarred for life......

If I'm comprehending correctly that this is a joke about the snuffleupagus of underage boys, I don't find it at all amusing.

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76
Re: Escape

Yeah, this is probably going to upset my robot-to-cat shirt ratio.

dmaz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dmaz
Re: Ninjas in space (with dinosaurs)

Oh PLEASE get this printed even if it doesn't win in the derby

dsbradley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsbradley
aausterm wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Android_robot.svg

The Android robot is under a creative commons use to remix/share, so I don't see how the first one got rejected. Anyways, I am revoting and hope you make it back up.

Remix/Share doesn't mean use to make a profit.

tranius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tranius
Spiritgreen wrote:"Utinni!"

The first version was squished for having too close a resemblance to the Android character (although the proportions are quite different). This revised design is now more mechanical looking, Andy is more 3D rather than flat, and has X_X.

Hopefully that helps. I feel the parody is as clear as it can be - Jawas capture and trade droids, but this is the wrong kind.

Alternatively, this might be about Lucasfilm charging Motorola big buck$ just for using the word Droid on their Android based phones. Beware Uncle George's Jawas! They're always on the lookout for business opportunities. :-p

So my changes are all visual rather than conceptual. Hopefully for the better.

Please re-vote! It's six colors on slate. See a BIG VERSION here.

Thanks,
---Spiritgreen

Well me being an Iphone user, either way I find it very hilarious and I would buy 3 of thems if it makes it in. ^.^

eastcobbler

quality posts: 9 Private Messages eastcobbler

Awesome. Had to vote! Not sure yet if I could wear it cuz the design is so large on the shirt.

Re: Hugs And Kisses

CVBrennan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CVBrennan

i love this design
reminds me of dr. seuss

http://www.childrensclassics.com.au/ccp0-prodshow/oh-the-places-youll-go-dr-seuss-book.html

ClaudiaM

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ClaudiaM
dsbradley wrote:Remix/Share doesn't mean use to make a profit.

No? What about selling Android phones?

It's the attribution part that's tricky. And, I have a feeling, often ignored.

ClaudiaM

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ClaudiaM
Re: Wrong Droid (2.0)

Go go go, back into the fog!

I don't usually post plugs for fog, but this late rejection of the LITERALLY FIRST ENTRY of the derby has got my dander up.

tranius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tranius
boogaloobaby wrote:How could anyone resist the big eyes of Puss-in-Boots

I could...wait a second I can't T.T bc I ahve a 'pitten that looks pretty similar to "Puss"

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
Re: Hugs And Kisses

Thanks for the comments everyone! I thought it probably wouldn't win, with this one as soon as it was done, but I thought I'd try. It actually did better than I'd expected.

mailmanmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mailmanmo
ClaudiaM wrote:Go go go, back into the fog!

I don't usually post plugs for fog, but this late rejection of the LITERALLY FIRST ENTRY of the derby has got my dander up.

Aye. It's about time you got your sh.it together, woot, you're ruining it for everyone.

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

I think they should count the original votes along with the secondary ones (they know how to take out duplicates).

TO THE FOG!!

07/11/14

peonyrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peonyrain
ANet wrote:Cute, but pokemon isn't really sci-fi, is it? oO;

I see it as a lab-rat joke, which adds to my love.

mailmanmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mailmanmo
Radscoolian wrote:Thanks for the comments everyone! I thought it probably wouldn't win, with this one as soon as it was done, but I thought I'd try. It actually did better than I'd expected.

It's a great idea, but as someone mentioned already it's too big on the shirt for myself as well.
I think it needs some perspective, make the pod smaller, slanted a touch perhaps, so that it looks like the lil' fella is leaping towards you and also it would, imo, make the flow on the shirt better, big to small, from top to bottom respectively.
Still cool.

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat
Re: It's inevitable (please revote!!!)

Nooooo, not Kenny!!!!

Cute design.

elankat

Fantastic! I hope this one prints.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
dwnmoser wrote:Ooooh - you're so detached and cool. I am blown away by your hipster-y sophistication.

I don't think that was his point at all.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

elankat

fairnymph wrote:I would absolutely get this shirt in a minute if I if Wash's head weren't SOUTH PARK STYLE

I think I'm in agreement. I'm a huge Firefly fan, but the SP style kills it for me. Or maybe it's the dark circles under the eyes.

elankat

rasabi wrote:No offense to the kawaii lovers (this is Woota after all), but it is not my strong point. Naturally, my brain presented me an anti-kawaii manifesto for me to create.

I may post a detail or two, but the bottom highlight in bunny's eye says "I AM LOCUTUS"

3 colors on asphalt

<.<

>.>

:3

The Locutus detail makes it pure win for me.

lilygrapetree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilygrapetree
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=58593]:: CAPTAIN TOFU

Holy crap so many awesome and interesting shirts not feeling the love? What gives?
+1

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: Young Darth

It would still be a great design if you remade it as little Anakin flying a kite that looks like a crude tie fighter. The kite could look like he made it himself or something. You could also make the background look like Anakin's home planet. You should submit that as a daily!

I think the design is beautiful, even if it doesn't line up with the star wars universe.

Radscoolian

mailmanmo wrote:It's a great idea, but as someone mentioned already it's too big on the shirt for myself as well.
I think it needs some perspective, make the pod smaller, slanted a touch perhaps, so that it looks like the lil' fella is leaping towards you and also it would, imo, make the flow on the shirt better, big to small, from top to bottom respectively.
Still cool.

Good idea! I realized that it didn't sit well on the shirt as soon as it was done and considered making the egg smaller, or perhaps fading it out, but I didn't. Thanks for the suggestion! I may try it.

Radscoolian

Re: If it Bleeds you should hug it

Thanks, everyone for the votes and comments! I will try and find a home for this.

slappyalk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slappyalk
Re: Space Sheep

Crafty sci-fi geeks unite!

slappyalk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slappyalk
Re: Space Sheep

Seriously, sheep are flying the ship. Stop it!

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos
ramyb wrote:have been trying to at least provide some variety within my own entries

I appreciate that, and I do love penguins (Killer Penguin is a favorite, and I'm sorely disappointed that I missed out on Emperor Penguin)...

But instead of variety or quantity, could you please think of original and creative designs that are executed exceptionally well?

What I'm saying, really, is that this penguin shirt is a disappointment - How is the penguin unidentified at all? Why are miniature UFO's picking up relatively giant penguins? How is it funny, or is it some odd reference to something? It also just lacks detail.

cherylo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylo
Re: Existential Whale

I wish there was a bowl of petunias in the lower right.

aimalynn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aimalynn
Re: Marvin and Zem

just looking at the thumbnail and title I thought it was a play on Invader Zim. HHGG is good too, though.

retroteddy123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages retroteddy123
Re: Existential Whale

The whale scene is my favorite parts of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy! Love the shirt!
+ 1

collinvh

quality posts: 62 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Roswell autopsy

This shirt is so sweet. I'd want one!

I almost overlooked this entry. I wonder if it's the shades of grey rather than pushing it to white. Similar to my design, maybe by pushing the lights lighter it might have popped in the thumbnail a little more. I think you could have pulled it off on the exam table.

Please don't get me wrong. Just trying to figure out why this is so under-appreciated. Please let me know if it prints elsewhere.

twooten1985

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twooten1985
HeartlineTwist wrote:Okay, you have nothing in the design that reflects any of the sci-fi in the movie. There's a rather important origami unicorn in Blade Runner. If I put that on a shirt because it was in a sci-fi movie, that isn't going to cut it as being part of sci-fi.

There is nothing sci-fi about an eye with make-up, regardless of what the reference is to.

The majority of the shirt entries are also referenced, if not loosely referenced, to sci-fi media. So I disagree. My shirt references a sci-fi film. I believe that's enough. And that yes, you CAN make your unicorn shirt.

quitstalin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quitstalin

In the show, McCoy was constantly saying what he wasn't. "Jim, I'm a doctor, not a(n) [insert noun here]!" including my fav, escalator [railing?]. This represents the reversal: What if he was...?

melquam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melquam
Re: Star Grazing

Twinkle twinkle little *NOM NOM NOM!!!*

And the cow jumped over the moon.

The End.